Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet Issues-getting close
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
76-914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 28 2015, 10:40 AM) *

It wanting to stall or slow idle cold be because it's still running too rich, or timing is still a bit off-i had the same issue(assuming the tps is set correctly). If your numbers are from a warmed up motor, you are rich at idle, part load and lean on wot. I think with air cooled and d-jet motor I would not want to be as lean at cruise as 16-17 as Rich stated. Maybe 13-14. Which is about where i have got mine to. I'm at that 12-13 at w.o.t., idle is about 10.5 cold and 11.5-12 when warmed up, I'd rather be a little on the rich side than on the lean.. I've read the power Is better right at the 13.7-14 . Check your plugs and see how the look , should give you some idea of where you are as well.

Those numbers I posted are quoted from Jake. But what does he know, right?
OU8AVW
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 28 2015, 05:22 PM) *

It wanting to stall or slow idle cold be because it's still running too rich, or timing is still a bit off-i had the same issue(assuming the tps is set correctly). If your numbers are from a warmed up motor, you are rich at idle, part load and lean on wot. I think with air cooled and d-jet motor I would not want to be as lean at cruise as 16-17 as Rich stated. Maybe 13-14. Which is about where i have got mine to. I'm at that 12-13 at w.o.t., idle is about 10.5 cold and 11.5-12 when warmed up, I'd rather be a little on the rich side than on the lean.. I've read the power Is better right at the 13.7-14 . Check your plugs and see how the look , should give you some idea of where you are as well.

Is that waht you're seeing out of your 2056? I'm close to that, maybe 14.5 at cruise. Seems like a 1/8 turn on the inner screw will get me there. Car idels nice at 12.5.

Also, at 8.56:1 compression, should I be running 92 octain? I'm getting some diesling when I tromp it. I've been using 89.....
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 28 2015, 09:22 PM) *

confused24.gif idea.gif
Well I can say that I did not see that, I've read a lot of stuff on d-jet and never had any one say to be that lean on cruising. So are we refering to 65 mph @3000rpm crush sing down the highway to be that lean? Sorry but on a 2.0 air cooled motor that just seems too lean but maybe jake can chime in and verify that, and clarify.
I believe you but when I had those numbers it was running hot.
Dave_Darling
I believe that Jeff Keyser said that his 914 wasn't happy at cruise until he bumped the mixture up into the 13.5:1 region.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.