Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Towing Tennessee rust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SLITS
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 20 2015, 10:58 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 20 2015, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 20 2015, 08:41 AM) *

Engine does turn over but we lost the suspension console on the Pass. side along the way.

Wow ... you didn't turn around and retrieve it? It's a REAL SIX console and probably worth at least $20K. Replacement means it won't be a real six anymore.

"Red is gray and yellow white
But we decide which is right
and which is an Illusion"

Put the joint down, turn off the Moody Blues ........................
KELTY360
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 20 2015, 11:43 AM) *

Engine does turn over but we lost the suspension console on the Pass. side along the way.

Wow ... you didn't turn around and retrieve it? It's a REAL SIX console and probably worth at least $20K. Replacement means it won't be a real six anymore.

Harshin' my buzz dude... smoke.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 20 2015, 12:58 PM) *

I just don't understand how you keep them lit in the Soggy PNW. Oh yea... uh ... water vapor won't hurt you smoke.gif
Drums66

.....oooooh...uuugh,What I was thinking?? idea.gif
(any way to go back?)

scotty b
glad you made it back o.k. I assume you were singing one liners alone ? confused24.gif
QUOTE(tnchris @ Mar 20 2015, 11:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Socalandy @ Mar 20 2015, 11:41 AM) *

Finally home and got the car unloaded and inside. The -6 was parked after a carb fire since they were not rebuild-able so it was a running driving car at that point. Engine does turn over but we lost the suspension console on the Pass. side along the way but Kent has replaced one before on my project.

More pictures later today...

This is Drew, the seller of the car (this is my brother's account). Glad to see you guys made it across the country alright. I'm ready to see this thing torn down and built back up.

Hey Drew, thanks for making everything go so smooth in this long distance transaction and all your help and extras. Quite an adventure. I can't wait to get started on this one but first I will be focused on Jim's 6. I finally own a 6 and I plan on restoring it dead stock. It's rusty yes but cool to see all the rare and original 6 parts that are there. I just picked up some rear calipers for it and there in good hands with Eric at PMB. I plan on rounding up parts for now and hopefully start on it by the end of the year.
KELTY360
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 20 2015, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 20 2015, 12:58 PM) *

I just don't understand how you keep them lit in the Soggy PNW. Oh yea... uh ... water vapor won't hurt you smoke.gif

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 20 2015, 04:06 PM) *

glad you made it back o.k. I assume you were singing one liners alone ? confused24.gif

av-943.gif Singing maybe... One liners... NO

You had to be there to understand guy's. Scotty may be able to describe it best!!!

5,727miles round trip driving.gif chowtime.gif yellowsleep[1].gif and what a blast
Andy! Thanks for everything! I don't know if I'm as cool as you. I don't know if I would be as easy going and lend myself and vehical to help tow a car back for someone else. You could have easily just headed home and skipped the extra work. Thanks!

Andy called me and said that he could grab the 6 I bought on the way back from his trip to Amelia Island so the next day I called him and said I would fly out and meet him in Tennessee. Everything went perfectly. I flew out Sunday night and was in Chattanooga TN. about 30 minutes before Andy. He picked me up at the airport and we headed to a Uhaul about 20 minutes away, where I had reserved a trailer. after we got the trailer, Drew's place was about a 20 minute drive from there. We loaded the car and parts and headed to a hotel for the night. We woke up at 6 the next morning and hit the road. We were home by Thursday night. Couldn't have gone any better.

Thanks again Andy, your too fricken cool.
Cairo94507
Wow! That was a serious rated trip. Glad you and the car made it home safely. Let the fun begin. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.