Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad Exhaust O2 Sensor Location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Anyone with a Triad exhaust have a picture of their O2 Sensor installed? I won't be putting the exhaust in for a couple of weeks but have some time to weld in the bung between now and then. Want to make sure I get the location right. TIA.
PanelBilly
I do but won't be able to send a picture for a few hours
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
hcdmueller
That is exactly where I had mine welded in.
dlee6204
agree.gif
BeatNavy
So slightly off center right in that collector section? I assume it's angled off center as there's otherwise something in the way, right?

Thanks, fellas.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Mar 18 2015, 05:41 AM) *

So slightly off center right in that collector section? I assume it's angled off center as there's otherwise something in the way, right?

Thanks, fellas.
that is the only place it can really go due to the baffles in the collectors on each side.
Yes it will hit the transmission if its not off to the side about 45 degrees. Installed mine last year. also ran the cable up thru the center tunnel, i think thru the same opening as my speedo cable, not sure i will ahve to look.

VaccaRabite
Mine is in the same location. Be warned - its a total bitch to install it if you do so once the muffler is on the car. Doable, but a PITA. Put the O2 in first if you can.

Zach
BeatNavy
Very good. Thank you, sir, I believe I am all set.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 18 2015, 08:15 AM) *

Mine is in the same location. Be warned - its a total bitch to install it if you do so once the muffler is on the car. Doable, but a PITA. Put the O2 in first if you can.

Zach

Also good info. Thanks, Zach. Yes, I definitely want to weld in the bung and put the O2 ahead of time.
type47
Rod welded mine same tube but coming straight out the back. I don't have a rear valance so don't know if having a valance would interfere. I'm in FL now but if you'd like to see with O2 sensor installed, drop by and have a look.
BeatNavy
Hey Jim, I'll take you up on that offer smile.gif When are you back? Need to get together...
pisces914
hey guys - i came upon this thread as i was doing some research - i have a triad exhaust and i am going to install an innovate 02 sensor & gauge, after my positive experiences tuning with an older LM-1 stand alone unit

i called innovate after reading the install instructions online - they recommend not to mount the 02 sensor directly in the muffler for a # of reasons - they do recommend to install the 02 sensor down the exhaust (on heat exchanger?) from the hottest or leanest running cylinder (maybe #3?)

any thoughts on this?

thanks, brad in seattle
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(pisces914 @ Apr 5 2015, 09:31 PM) *

hey guys - i came upon this thread as i was doing some research - i have a triad exhaust and i am going to install an innovate 02 sensor & gauge, after my positive experiences tuning with an older LM-1 stand alone unit

i called innovate after reading the install instructions online - they recommend not to mount the 02 sensor directly in the muffler for a # of reasons - they do recommend to install the 02 sensor down the exhaust (on heat exchanger?) from the hottest or leanest running cylinder (maybe #3?)

any thoughts on this?

thanks, brad in seattle

no problems with mine located in that center section. int not actually the muffler, but is between the collectors and the muffler so should be o.k. i guess you could go and put it on the #1 pipe down toward the end if yo wanted. to
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.