Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb Issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
X911IC
Engine has Weber 44's. The venturi over #1 cylinder is spitting gas upon actuating the throttle. Seems as though there is positive pressure in venturi as opposed to vacuum, but have not tested with flow meter. Other venturis all seem to have a vacuum. Any thoughts what would cause this condition? My first thought was to check valve clearance to make sure they were shutting completely. Open to suggestions to diagnose the problem. Thanks in advance. Need to get this sorted prior to WCR!! Neil
colingreene
The problem is the hole in the accel port needs to be plugged i think Ill have to check my notes to see what we did to fix it.
Mine was spitting fuel till we either plugged a hole or drilled a hole out larger.
where in ca are you? can you bring both carbs to me in Lake Forest?
X911IC
QUOTE(colingreene @ Mar 17 2015, 08:31 PM) *

The problem is the hole in the accel port needs to be plugged i think Ill have to check my notes to see what we did to fix it.
Mine was spitting fuel till we either plugged a hole or drilled a hole out larger.
where in ca are you? can you bring both carbs to me in Lake Forest?

Perfect! . I will PM with contact info, Thanks Neil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.