Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bouncing Speedo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gfg3
So my speedometer needle is bouncing a bit. Nothing earth shattering, say about 2 mph or so, but annoying none the less. I guess I could just try a little cable lube but previous experience on other cars says that probably something is loose, twisted or kinked. I checked the cable connection at the speedo and that's OK. Any advice before I go out and buy the lube?

George
CptTripps
Nope. you nailed it. Cable lube should do the trick....
DavidSweden
QUOTE(gfg3 @ Mar 24 2015, 11:36 AM) *

So my speedometer needle is bouncing a bit. Nothing earth shattering, say about 2 mph or so, but annoying none the less. I guess I could just try a little cable lube but previous experience on other cars says that probably something is loose, twisted or kinked. I checked the cable connection at the speedo and that's OK. Any advice before I go out and buy the lube?

George

I had the same problem, the cable was almost off just a few threads holding it together. Probably not what you want to hear.
gfg3
OK. Off to the store to buy cable lube.....before I deconstruct my interior to fix/replace the cable. But then again, my wife just said "who cares if you know exactly how fast you're going?" So, maybe I'll work on other things.

George

Elliot Cannon
broken cable strand scraping on the housing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.