Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru Wiring help...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zipedadoo
Hey guys. Trying to help a buddy get his subaru conversion wired up. The donor car is a 96 Impreza 2.2 n/a with the subaru manual trans. Just wondered if some subaru guys would give this a look over.

I have these relays wired in....what are they for? Fuel pump and injectors?

Click to view attachment

I have the OBD2 connector wired in

Click to view attachment

What is this relay for? It was under the wiper motor on the firewall. It is wired in.

Click to view attachment

This connector goes into the ECU. It has a big yellow wire and a small yellow wire for power but I don't see any ground wires. Does the ECU just ground through the case? The other multipin connector to the ECU has several wires not hooked up. some go to the dash, tach, temp etc. and some go to the fuse box in the engine bay. Looks like A/C relays control wires. Should run without those hooked up?

Click to view attachment

I have the ECU, the main engine harness and the starter relay wired in.

Questions...

Is this enough stuff hooked up to start thing?
No ground wires to the ECU ?
What are all those relays? ( I really need a manual)
I have read about the VSS needing hooked up. Is that in the main engine harness? Cause I can't find it.

I know this is not very clear but any help or guidance would be great... Thanks
76-914
First, you need to get online and get a proper factory manual. Wires change between models. I'm not sure what any of those relays are except the green one is your fuel pump and the brown one is called the power relay, IIRC. Scalp every relay that you can off the donor. Be sure the original engine grounds on that Suby are re-used. It need's it's grounds. The VSS comes of the tranny. 4pin connector, you need 2 of them. May a green and a green w/stripe?? Can't remember for sure. But their factory manual will show you and the electrical drawings are the best. Simple and flowing. All of my experience is with the EZ30 2003 so I can't be of much help to you. beerchug.gif
zipedadoo
Thanks for the reply. Gotta get that manual....
rnellums
http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/

Manuals are available for download here.
zipedadoo
Thanks for the link, been looking for something online.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.