Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armchair Diagnosis?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
As mentioned a few days ago, my previously superbly running 2.0 now has a hot starting problem. I had my mechanic change the oil, do a valve adjustment since I didn't know when that had last been done by the PO. He also put in new plugs. Car started fine when I picked it up but the next day I drove it and when I tried to start after running it, it stumbled and would not start. I'll call him today to see what he thinks.

Based on my limited experience with this new problem….

It seems to start when cold.
If started immediately after running it tends to start fine.
If the car sits for 10-15 minutes or more after running it does what you see in the video.

So, while I was trying to video my new Triad exhaust the car hesitated to start again. Not sure if this video helps any of you with ideas on what my problem might be thought thought it couldn't hurt.

https://youtu.be/SC87ukKDebE
pilothyer
I would first check the CHT Sensor............PM Sent.........................Jerry
pilothyer
PM sent with Phone number
r_towle
Yup, CHT

These motors get hotter when shut off.
It's a heat sync thing that fades away eventually.

You need to do a simple ohm test on the CHt.
skjl47
Hello; I once had a similar problem of a 914 stalling when hot. I traced it back to having replaced the stock fuel filter with a metal one.
The heat from the engine/exaust would sink into the metal fuel filter especially when stuck in traffic. I imagine the fuel was boiling inside the metal filter. The engine would start after sitting a while. Problem went away with a factory fuel filter in place. Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.