Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to borrow a part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Bruce (GWN7) is looking to recreate the seal that goes between the blower motor intake and the body. I'm hoping someone has a spare housing that has a good seal that we can use to take a mold off of. Can anyone help?
eeyore
Good gawd. Is that the doo-dad that is up under the front cowl?
Trekkor
I may have one for you on Sunday evening.

KT
Doug Leggins
I have one of each style. One to use with the screen guard and one for use without the screen guard. They are intact but do have cracking due to their age. I can take pics tonight and post them. If you need near perfect seals, the ones that I have are not good candidates.
McMark
I'd love to see pictures Doug.
Doug Leggins
Mark and Bruce -here are the seals that I have. The seal that is used with the screen guard is in fairly good shape. It should work well for a mold pattern. The other seal for use without a screen guard may not be good enough. THis one has some deformation in one area due to improper instalation or storage. The material is all there it is just out of shape. Two corners have defects too but the corners could possible be repaired good enough to be useable as a pattern. Let me know if you can use them.
Doug Leggins
close up pic
Doug Leggins
bottom sides
GWN7
Those look good Doug.

The distorted piece can be removed by making two molds and subing in a good corner for the bad one in the second mold.

Those are the late model ones?

Doug Leggins
The seal with the white paint on it came out of a 73 - non screen guard style. The other seal came out of a 74 and had a screen guard.

I'll send them both to you.

The non screen style may not work. Anyone else have one they can provide?
GWN7
I'll work on those. I don't know what shape the one off the 72 parts car is in and as it and all my other parts are buried under 6' of ice/snow I won't be able to access the parts shed for another month or two.

Thanks Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.