Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight pivot bushings set of 4 -$8.99
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Got these finished up and I'm making the ones that go on the metal arms that will be ready in about 6 days. These are necessary to allow the assembly to rotate smoothly.

Cheap enough you can't afford not to replace them. Also working up a new hardware kit to go with these. Don't buy them now if you want to add these in as I'll have them available end of the week.

Who wants them?
Thanks All.
matthepcat
One of my headlights vibrates a lot over bumps. Could bushings be the cause of the light to visibly flicker over bumps?
Mikey914
I't possibly the electrical connection. You can remove the ring to see the status of the connector for the headlamp.
I would inspect that 1st.

You can use the filling powder with the Q-bond to rebuild cracked connector blocks

http://qbond.net/

If it actually vibrates I suspect the headlamp housing may be missing an adjustment screw. You will be able to check when you look at the connector. Just look for the security of the base assembly. It shouldn't move. Where it moves the most you are probably missing a screw.
matthepcat
I forgot to mention I can wiggle the whole light assembly very slightly on the side that has the issue.
Mikey914
I'd bet missing headlight adjuster screw. I'm working on the base blocks ad will them in about 3 weeks at most. You can probably get a used one from a donor car. Check with Rhodyguy, Id bet he or several others that part the cars have them laying around.

Love to sell you the bushings, but I'd bet they are not the problem here.
Mikey914
And also check the mounting screws if it's more that just the light assembly that's moving.
raynekat
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 5 2015, 09:17 AM) *

Got these finished up and I'm making the ones that go on the metal arms that will be ready in about 6 days. These are necessary to allow the assembly to rotate smoothly.

Cheap enough you can't afford not to replace them. Also working up a new hardware kit to go with these. Don't buy them now if you want to add these in as I'll have them available end of the week.

Who wants them?
Thanks All.

I'd like a set. Thx
Mikey914
Got these on the website right here -
http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Headlight-pi...-car-914HP4.htm
JamesM
YES!!! I was just looking for headlight bushings! Are you going to make the other bushings required for the headlight actuators as well? Those are the ones I really need.

Either way, I am in for 3 sets. Waiting for the base blocks and adjuster screws.

(I gave all my spare headlight housings to some crazy ass mofo in Sandy who thinks 914s need a light bar?!?!? ) confused24.gif
Mikey914
Actually doing these right now, should probably get another GB thread up but the idea was there are bushings required in the actuator bar (metal one), so why not reproduce the bar with the bushings in it like the later style. I do have a few of the bigger metal bar style bushings, in the works, but kill 2 birds with one stone.

These will be in the ivory like the OEM, but I think these should do well at $10 a set.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.