Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auxiliary Air Regulator Connection on 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lennyhope
Where/what does the electrical connector at the bottom of the Aux. Air Regulator connect to??
Bob L.
There's a 4 pin connector from the ignition harness that plugs into the relay board, one of those. I think it's white.

See the wire running across the bottom of the diagram...
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...lectric_73C.jpg
JeffBowlsby
The red wire on the AAR connects with a single white wire on the ignition harness, should have a single pole box housing on it.
914_teener
Don.t forget to put on the box housing over the spade connector........ask me how I know.
Old Yella
how do you know?
Dave_Darling
Because he kept popping the fuse that powers the fuel pump, that's how.

--DD
lennyhope
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 9 2015, 05:59 AM) *

Because he kept popping the fuse that powers the fuel pump, that's how.

--DD

Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.... smile.gif
9won4
Been popping fuses...unplugged AAR....car starts. Removed it, there is no bare wire touching, shrink wrapped all connections, reinstalled it. Started up this morning and about a mile into the drive the fuse popped again. Are there some internals in the AAR that could be causing this? Thanks!
JeffBowlsby
Power through the AAR case maybe shorting to the case. Direct to ground. Fuse pop-ola.
Dave_Darling
If you open the AAR up, you'll see that there is a coil of bare wire sitting on the bottom of the can. There is some cardboard between the coil and the can. If the wire is moving around, it could be shorting to the can.

Pry back the crimped lip around the upper edge of the can to pull the top off and the guts out. That will show you the heater wire and insulator.

--DD
9won4
Thanks Dave...Guess I just found a project for tomorrow! Thanks
Tom
A popular place for the red wire to partially short to ground is where the red wire enters the bottom of the AAR. When you check it and if this is the problem, cut the connector off of the red wire where it connects to the white wire, slip a small piece of heat shrink over the red wire and push it up to where the bare spot is, heat it up, and then crimp on a new connector on the red wire. If it still blows fuses, then the hard way must be accomplished - opening up the AAR and seeing why it is shorting.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.