Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sebring exahaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Schnell944
I need a new exahust for the 1.7. was wondering what some of you thought of the stebring setup offered by pelican. stebring
I dont want something loud, just a non-stratospherically priced unit to replace stock.
SirAndy
no inside on the sebrings, but that reminds me, is there a "Abarth" exhaust for the 914?

Andy
Drums66
I know I'm in the minority.....but I kinda like the stock Muff on these cars! Andy I think somebody makes one of those for a 914?
ChrisReale
Stock muffler performs and sounds great, but weighs a ton. Plus, NOS muffs are hard ($$$) to find, so most people who AX, or dont want to spend the bucks go with a Bursch (cheap, sounds "ok" and gives pretty good performance") Not sure about Sebring, but I have a feeling they are below average ph34r.gif
Scott S
I have one. It was the perfect exhaust to pull a frankenstien on. I cut out the muffler (mine was the cherry bomb "sausage" type) replaced it with a straight pipe and put a 10" stainless supertrapp in the end. Works like a champ and sounds anywhere from full blown Lemans (un corked) to a nice tame daily driver. Adjusting the discs also means adjusting the carbs however.
Mine was OLD. It looked old when I bought the car in 94. I make sure and kepp it painted up - no rust to date - and being that I removed the part that usually gets blown out over time, I figure it should last for quite a while. We have been having some pretty long discussions within the Colorado yahoo group about Jet Hot Coating - I may take the plunge on having that done...
-S
Drums66
Scott I did a similar Fab on a Monza muff as an experiment turned a quad into a double, gave it a subtle more refined sound.........I still like stock when it comes to muff's. cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.