Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Red G light on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joshporsche
What is the Red G light on my guages? Why is it on? what can i do to fix it?
bd1308
check your:

*Alternator belt for slipping
*Voltage Regulator
*Alternator failure...does happen!

ChrisReale
generator, or alternator light
Rouser
Worst case senario: "G" is the alternator light; you're probably running on the battery only. If it's glowing while the ignition is off, one of the alternator's internal diodes is probably shorted, draining your battery while it's sittting there parked.

Than again, you might've just snapped or thrown a fan belt. Either way, you gotta pop the engine lid and take a look.
AZ914
My 'G' light was also on when I experienced a short in my electrical system. Car ran fine, just that I had blown a fuse. Check that too.
skline
I had that happen last week. The first thing to check is the fan belt, make sure it is on and tight. If that is not it, take the 2 small screws from the voltage regulator and pull it out and swap in another one. If that doesnt fix it, you are looking at replacing the alternator. I would pull the alternator and take it to your FLAPS and have them check it. Good luck to you. Mine was only the VR. 5 minute fix.
Aaron Cox
Yes in fact it is your alternator idiot light.

Voltage regulator?
Alternator Diodes?

Edited for cranky.....
Bleyseng
You are about to run out of gas! The yellow reserve lite must be dead, but the red G lite comes on when you are dead on empty!

no lites-lots of gas
yellow- on reserve 'bout a gallon left
red- you're outta gas!!

wink.gif
redshift
-snickers-

It's a G-ThanG. OG..

Bounce ta dat!

-marsbar-

M_dawg
SLITS
It is a warning that Z or A-aron Admin are wearing their "G" strings and should be avoided at all costs. Properly programmed, works within a 200 mile radius.

I wish Z's girl would learn to wipe correctly before posing for pictures...kinda detracts from the bunny ears. barf.gif
Joe Bob
It's a muddy hand print from the unwashed....
Joe Bob
Oh by the way...you are an....

SLITS
Looks like a handprint from Sasquatch. Did you shave?
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (Joshporsche @ Feb 16 2005, 01:54 PM)
What is the Red G light on my guages? Why is it on? what can i do to fix it?

There is a fuse for "indicators". If it is blown, the light will come on. Check the fuse first.
cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.