Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanHansen
Hello guys...

Just got home from the Technica Classica in Essen, Germany where I bought this one...
I fell in love with the model, during a trip to Nürburgring AVD Old Timer Grand Prix, and have been scouting on and off for the last year..
I didn´t plan to buy anything at the fair, but it suddenly stood there in front of me, a very good friend of mine that restores classic Porsches and Mercedes SL Gullwings for a living, checked everything on the car, and gave it "thumbs-up".
So I bargained with the seller and we made a deal, contract and a down payment.. and the car was mine....
So in a couple of weeks, it will be picked up in Holland and send to Denmark...
I´m planning a complete restoration and transformation to a GT model..
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
falcor75
Congratulations from Sweden! smile.gif welcome.png
mepstein
welcome.png
Johny Blackstain
welcome.png
Take your time on the GT transformation- you want to do it right & that gets expensive.
Cairo94507
Sweet smilie_pokal.gif . The benefit of having a skilled friend give the car a once over is priceless. welcome.png
rktmn247
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the madness!
green914
welcome.png
PanelBilly
Welcome to the fun. You might just want to drive the car while you collect the parts needed for the conversion. If you're putting in a /6, have it ready to go. Otherwise you'll find that your waiting on parts.
DanHansen
Thanks Guys...
I´ve allready made a rebuild plan in advance in co-work with the same friend that inspected the car for me, but I´m sure that I´m going to need your help in the next 12-18 month this rebuild are planned to take...
I know that it´s not comes cheap, as I´ve spend the last 4 years on a complete nut´n bolt restoration of an 1966 912 and a 90% restoration on a 911 3.2....
It wash´t my intention to start a 3. project ( I promised my wife) but here I go...
JeffBowlsby
Keep it narrow bodied! Too many fake 914GTs on the road already. You will be glad you did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.