Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anybody here ever met Miles (redshift)?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Qarl
Seriously... or is he the one "holy grail" of 914 club guys to finally get to meet?

I have see no photo evidence that he actually exists, with the exception of some old grainy photo involving spandex and Brian Setzer.

There were also some blurry photos he once posted with him partially reflected in the window of his 914. I remember that there was a building in the background. We were teasing him about being let out of the psych ward...

Wait... I found it...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...&f=2&t=6516&hl=

MattR
Who is redshift??? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif
lapuwali
I remember a picture of him on a grassy knoll...

Aaron Cox
i have spoken to him on the phone.....
skline
No, you spoke to what you thought was Miles, he really doesnt exist, he is a bot like in IRC. Created by the Matrix to tease and mock you. That is all it is, just a bot!!!
bd1308
redshift is awesome!!!!
Joe Bob
He's a myth..like Santy Claus.... idea.gif

I used the mythical telephone number...he never called me back....
redshift
I was just speaking to SLITS about this very question.

I need to see more proof.

Bleyseng
I am sure he is like Brad when you meet him, boring....

I just got thru reading the Hornet's Nest by Jimmy Carter, haha Savannah sure got shafted by the British in the Revolutionary War. Quite a story 'bout that whole part of the South during the War.

Geoff

biggrin.gif
redshift
It ain't over.

M
JB 914
Miles is not a real person. he is a computer program that managed to escape for the IBM Labs during a lapse in security.

He roams the internet attaching himself to PHP.exe and hogging system resources eventually crashing the server.
skline
I knew it was his fault the board went down!!!
URY914
Miles is my friend.

Be very careful what you say about him.

Paul

rick 918-S
Is that what happened to the server last week? idea.gif I thought it was Aliens. assimilate.gif I may have met Miles once.

If I think I did I may have.
redshift
hehe

smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks again, Paul.

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (URY914 @ Feb 16 2005, 07:33 PM)
Miles is my friend.

Be very careful what you say about him.

Paul

agree.gif dry.gif
skline
Miles is like a timex watch, takes a licking, and keeps on ticking.
redshift
Not really! A healthy shot to the temple, and I crumple like Princess Di's Benz!

M
Bleyseng
I did a background check on Miles, Damn did you do ALL that!!!

You have been busy!

Geoff biggrin.gif
redshift
Aquitted! laugh.gif

Qarl
I know what's going to happen...

1. Car will break down
2. Miles will forget and stand me up
3. Digital camera memory will mysteriously erase itself
4. I will get lost and end up in the backwoods of Georgia (hey... I might meet Jake!)
5. Rare earthquake will swallow up 10 miles of I-95 with me in it!

redshift
Karl, save this for UFO/914 Friday.

M
SLITS
I have seen Miles. During a session with Madam Sensamia, I was transported via a Comet dressed in a purple robe to a place in a far off galaxy. Upon my arrival, I stood on a white sand beach, with a Galaxie parked nearby, and was approached by brilliant light, which later turned out to be the only working light on his teener, as the blue acrid smoke cleared, the sea was calm and reflected the cosmos as a faint chant was heard from the bushes...aroooooom....aroooom....arooom....damnit start.....arooooom....aroooom, while lighting a Cheech and Chong special, a puff of purple haze blew thru my brain washing the image in my mind in a whirlwind of cosmic dust I was born again a star child until I ran into the monolith and it started piercing my ears with a screech and saw a bone fly high in the air, tumbling thru the empty blackness, I was eating breakfast in the Howard Johnson's Starlight room, while the shroooms climbed off my plate and a pen floated in the air waiting for me to sign the contract for a new teener that was L69BE paisley and my black patent leather shoes reflected Miles's Fro as I shot a picture with my Oralrympic Accco Focus Camera and...........................
Qarl
More thoughts...

6. I will pick up a random hitchhiker and it will be Alfred and I will never be heard from again
7. Aliens will abduct me and transport me to Mars
8. I will meet Miles and he will spontaneously combust
redshift
blink.gif

Ok, now you fuckers are scaring me..

iamchappy
Aliens will abduct you and transport you to Duluth which will be as strange to you as Mars and maybe even colder. laugh.gif
SLITS
....the image was not there, but over there, projected on the surface of Heranus, with a wild curvacious layer of madcam upon which a phartfunugen was joyfully playing a rubberized version of We were the Walri to the beat Deliverance as we were tumultously tossed in our shuttle from rock to rock with the sound of banjos hidden behind the waterfall as an arrow pierced the silence of the universal flow and it bled green upon the grassy knoll from which I watched the motorcade of cadillacs spew detroit parfume 'cause one man's ceiling is another man's floor when bloody purple prose causes a bloody purple nose and cal me Al for I am the Walri and you are not the Walrus. koo koo de doo, it was 20 years ago today when I taught the band to play and it's been goin in and otta style, but you can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, 'cepting Alice...just around the corner, he stepped from the shadows and intoduced himself as the.......
iamchappy
One thing I can say about Miles, He has written nice words and shown empathy in PMs to me, and I am sure to Qarl also.

I hope he's real, not memorex.

Chap
redshift
I'm stuck.. I feel a tear... I don't know what to say, except for thank you.

Thank you all, for all the times, and the days, and I always look forward to sharing more times here, together.

I guess that's all there really is. Be safe, always, and I'll see you back here when you get home.

M
scotty914
miles, one question have you ever heard of phase eight ?
redshift
GAM

Yes, Kevin Rose is my bestest of friends.

I produced Legendary Spaceman.

M
redshift
I just got back out of bed Scott...

OH MY GOD! YOU_ARE_SCOTT_THACHER!!!!

I am sure, by now at least, that it's probably not a suprise to you.. anyways, YES, I am that Miles Hendrix.

All the time, and talking about music, and I just never made the connection..

wow... ok, back to bed..

M
Bleyseng
this....
Mr.C
Miles is really rich and famous. After the show ended he couldn't step out of character, thus the reason for the mystery. screwy.gif
Jenny
Miles is quirky, always entertaining, and above all else, a great friend (especially in the sandbox). He may not always make sense, but his heart's in the right place. I can't wait for the day I get to meet him! wub.gif

Jen
ChrisReale
Andy met him and tried to bite him, but Miles' natural defense mechanism made him taste baduser posted image
VegasRacer
I don't know anything more than I have read on this Forum about the 'real' Miles.
I will add that I have always thought redshift was a fantastic screen name.
Mr.C
Damn, Andy I loved your performance in "Road Warrior" biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
Ya, Miles rites gud too... really gud but SLITS is the RO sentence King smilie_pokal.gif on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on burnout.gif

.....b
Mile For Gov' of Calibifornia beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
SLITS = Douglas Adams huh.gif
GWN7
Miles is real....he's the only person I know to have run away from the circus. wink.gif

BTW they are finally making a Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy

beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
They actually have a hitch hikers guide, but it is old and British. Kinda goofy. I have the whole series, but it is not my deal. They were a gift.
GWN7
Dr., I ment the Movie

Two realise dates April 29th or May 6th
tdgray
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 16 2005, 06:49 PM)
Aquitted! laugh.gif

Using the 27 8 x 10 color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and paragraph on the back of each one....... biggrin.gif wacko.gif huh.gif wacko.gif
scotty b
I have actually met Miles several times. He's kind of a strange cat. Every time we have run in to each other he seems to find me. I'll never forget the first time. I woke up in the middle of the night and that goofy bastard was standing beside my bed just looking at me. Next thing I know I am waking up again and he's gone. This has happend 4-5 times over the last few years, and he has yet to actually say anything. He always just stands there looking at me. Seems like a nice guy just kinda weird. I think he may be shy because of his skin disorder,(sort of a grey elephant like skin)maybe that's why he doesn't go out in public much.Anyway feel safe meeting him. Gotta go now my butt hurts, he must have stopped by again last night and I missed him.If I crap another metallic gift I'll know it was him!
redshift
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 17 2005, 01:33 AM)
this....

YES! smilie_pokal.gif

Hold on.... I can be googled...

unsure.gif
Howard
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Feb 17 2005, 12:51 AM)
Dr., I ment the Movie

Two realise dates April 29th or May 6th

Can't hear you with this babelfish stuck in my ear. Did anyone here ever do old Infocom games?
nebreitling
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 17 2005, 07:13 AM)

Hold on.... I can be googled...

doood, all i get is a bunch of miles-hendrix collaboration hits.
Toast
Redshift is my alien friend. We communicate via alien communication (with the help of secret satalietes). I help keep the women away.

smoke.gif
Aaron Cox
mile is single handedly the biggest narcotics distributor on the east. smoke.gif

can you say "group buy" lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.