Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold_____1975 Porsche 914 SBC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
computers4kids
1975 Porsche 914—The SBC sleeper that will put a smile on your face!
914world build thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=84435&st=0
Price: 15K
Pictures Here: http://www.blantonbunch.com/914ad/pictures.htm
Click to view attachment
The car originally came from Oregon with a 1.8. I completely stripped it down to bare metal both inside and out back in 2009, it was practically a rust free tub—great candidate for build. The only rust was in the trunk near the tail lights. I replaced the panel with a new one from AutoAtlanta. The hell hole and longs were fantastic.

It was professionally sprayed in 2009 and still looks great. Painted Marathon Blue Metallic (stock color for 74).

Renegage Conversion Kit (Ron Davis Radiator). The dual electric fans are setup on two different temp sensors—both fans at ½ speed, or both fans at full speed. Keeps the car real quiet unless it gets real hot and C the extra cooling

Freshly rebuilt GMC 305, vortec heads, roller cam and rockers, Edlebrock 7116

Performer intake, Edelbrock 1405 carburetor, Pace headers with oxygen sensor port on driver’s side, HEI Distributor with MSD & rev selector

Rebuilt 5 speed 901 (at a Dr. Evil clinic), with “H” gear for highway driving. I chose not to lock out first gear, although I never use it.

All rubber trim replaced with OEM or 914Rubber, including new bumper tops

All latches re-plated (doors, hoods, engine lid etc)

Renshifter

The dash is made by Ghetty and is was covered in leather my James and Heidi in Oregon (morphenspectra). The gauges have been also customized by another member to accommodate the v8. I have a working 911 clock that goes in the pod to the far right—currently there is a wideband a/f gauge in their now. When I added the 911 look-a-like dash, I had purchased an extra wiring harness so I could extend the 914 wiring with the same color code without having to cut any wiring. The dash is fully reversible if you don’t care for that look—no cutting involved whatsoever.

Koni shocks upfront

Bilsteins with adjustable perches in the rear with 200 lb springs

Camp 914 shock kit for the rear trunk

When the car was painted (base coat -clear coat), I had all the trim re-polished and also purchased new windshield chrome

And of course, the bumpers were backdated, the rear was re-chromed, and I customized the front to pickup the style of the fog grills.

There is a subwoofer sunk into the hunk of foam by the passenger footrest that is connected to a hidden amp with ipod connected under the middle arm rest

Cocoa mats

In the trunk there is a special cover that drapes the rear of the 914 to protect the paint when working on it.

There is a flat tow kit installed, as well as tie down hooks on all four corners

The four fuchs, 16 x6 on fronts, 16 x7 on the rears came off a 1978 911s

BF Goodrich 205/45/16 Z rated all the way around—like new

New 17mm master cylinder and under brace by McMark

Front brakes are aluminum Brembos with Porterfield pads and cross drilled ventilated rotors

Rebuilt rear calipers are from Eric-- 911 with spacers, ventilated rotors, and Porterfield pads

5 lug conversion using a 911T suspension with 3” struts, turbo tie rods

3rd brake light on top of GT grill is from a vette

European taillights and front signal lights (shaved side lights)

Stub axles have the Dr. Evil wire kit as a safety measure

Brand new modern AC compressor, lines, drier, lines, condenser—evaporator was kept to keep appearance stock looking (never did charge the system), but ready to go

New Optima yellow top battery

The steering wheel was recovered in leather by an outfit in Texas and the horn pad re-stained

Aluminum thresholds were manufactured by a member of the club

All new carpets and headliner

Camp 914 aluminum seat pulls

New modern fuse panel

Dual turbo exhaust with crossover tube

FYI
No heater unit installed

A couple paint bubbles appeared a year after the car was painted, one where the antenna used to be and the other where one the holes that was welded closed that held the vinyl sail trim chrome on

Also a ding-no paint disturbed (lower bottom) driver’s side—hardly noticeable

Fog lights never worked (never took the time to figure out why)

The dash lights that come on with the headlight quit working a couple of years ago—never took the time to see why
dlkawashima
Hi Mark,

Beautiful car .... PM sent.
type47fan
My favorite V8 conversion!
jim_hoyland
Wow ! This is are great deal
matthepcat
Worth every penny.

I would buy this if I was in the market.
Andyrew
Mark,

Why did you sell it so cheap???

Who bought it??

Congrats on the sell!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.