Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention WI-IL-IN-MI-OH 914World 8th Annual BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
GaroldShaffer
It's offical!

The 8th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 15th 2015. So save the day!

Because of my employment situation we are asking if possible to please bring side dish to share. We will have the big ice tray cooler so we can keep cold food cold.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:30am central, that's 11:30am for eastern time guys shades.gif

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-9205 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 3rd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

snakemain
I'll be there. Actually in a 914 this year!
GeorgeRud
You da man! Looking forward to it once again.
piratenanner.gif
Bartlett 914
Looking forward to it!
worn
I am gonna try my best, and hope to make it this year. Looking forward to it.
earossi
Garold,

Thank you so much for your hospitality in hosting these events. Last year was my first ever meeting with the 914 group.....and it was your BBQ that got me to come. Did not have my car with me, but was able to meet a few folks that I am still in communications with today. Also was able to hook uo with Brad Mayeur, whom I had met down in Peoria 6 years prior. We talked about my car and my desire to put a 6 in it. Brad completed that transplant this last winter. I'll be driving that car to your affair this year, so am looking forward to the event.

Regards,

Ernie Rossi
Naperville, Illinois
GaroldShaffer
Just a icon_bump.gif to keep it close to the first page. beerchug.gif
designerguy90
I should be there as well Garold! Hopefully I will be done with my car by the end of June to have fun with! driving.gif
mburkhart
I'm really going to try to make it this year. I've asked my wife for no vacations and no medical emergencies that weekend. Hope to see everyone there!

Mike
gereed75
Garold, Need a part... check PM's Thanks gary reed
GaroldShaffer
weekend icon_bump.gif to page 1
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif for the new owner of 7 of 9. Dennis in the Milwaukee area may be interested.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif for this week
jat914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 3 2015, 06:35 AM) *

It's offical!

The 8th Annual NorthWest Indiana 914 BBQ will be held on August 15th 2015. So save the day!

Because of my employment situation we are asking if possible to please bring side dish to share. We will have the big ice tray cooler so we can keep cold food cold.

Menu will include, but not limited to:

Burgers, Brats, Dogs
Soda, Water, Ice tea, and Coffee BYOB if you want anything else.

You don't need a 914 to come. We have plenty of room. I have chairs, but its a good idea to bring your own.

Doors open 10:30am central, that's 11:30am for eastern time guys shades.gif

My address:

Garold Shaffer
6852 Prairie Run Ave
Portage In 46368
219-730-9205 (cell)

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Toll road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

Directions:
From I94 take Exit 19 (Portage / Port of Indiana) south to 1st stop light (Rt 20). Turn left (east) on RT 20 to first stop light, aprrox 1 mile (sameulson road). Turn Right (south) on Sameulson rd. Go to 3rd stop sign (central ave) and turn left (east) on Central Ave. My subdivison is on the left about 1/8 mile called Prairie Run. Turn in and stay left, we are 5th house on left. You will see my 914(s) in the drive. Don't worry about parking in my drive, all 914s mark their spots and I have cleaner.

I will put out a few signs with 914 & arrows on them once you get to central ave to help direct you on your way.

Location is my house in Portage Indiana just off the Indiana Tool road (Portage exit) and I-94 (exit 19).

jat914
Would love to come, but Prescott, AZ is a little too far to come. I still have the white 914 that I recently ran at Spring Mountain in NV.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Little over a month away Little over a month away aktion035.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif beer3.gif party.gif jsharp.gif
GaroldShaffer
Weekly bmp to page #1 icon_bump.gif cheer.gif
GeorgeRud
Just found out that I will have to go to a wedding that day instead, so it will be a bust for me! Hope someone will post pics.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Less than a month away. piratenanner.gif
snakemain
The car is running fine. I keep driving it locally to see if anything is going to break. Only one thing has so far, and I fixed that. Next month will be the big test! driving.gif
Chris H.
I'm gonna try to make it.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif Getting closer piratenanner.gif
ge9146
Hey Garold,

We had a great time at this event several years ago. Thanks for putting it on again.

We are planning on attending if you will let me bring a Porsche that has the engine in the wrong spot. The 914 is still holding down jackstands at this time.

Looking forward to the 15th.

Ed Scott

It was great to see you at the Porsche Parade
Camaro Mike
Thanks for hosting this. I'm going to try hard to make it out as well.

While my motor is in the right place, it's not quite as cool as a 914. I'll make sure I park down the street.
oakpark
If the weather is good that day, I'm in. If anyone wants to caravan down from the Oak Park area I'm up for that. Meet up at 9:30 and it's about 60 to 75 minutes down there. If you're adventurous I'll take you the South Stony Island approach to the Skyway!
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif
GaroldShaffer
piratenanner.gif One week from today. Extended weather forecast looks to be sunny & 82. beerchug.gif
mburkhart
Less than a week!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mburkhart @ Aug 9 2015, 10:04 AM) *

Less than a week!

smilie_pokal.gif Really looking forward to seeing everyone. Come on out, you don't need a running 914 to attend. Great time to meet other local 914 nuts and make some new friends. Bring a chair, I will have some but not enough for everyone.

So far weather report is looking GREAT! Keep your fingers crossed. pray.gif
snakemain
Still planning to make the 5hr drive.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(snakemain @ Aug 9 2015, 08:00 PM) *

Still planning to make the 5hr drive.

aktion035.gif
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif come on out weather is looking great! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
orthobiz
I'm gonna try to make it, if I'm lucky my wife Amy, too! Is Brad coming?

Paul
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 11 2015, 09:28 PM) *

I'm gonna try to make it, if I'm lucky my wife Amy, too! Is Brad coming?

Paul

Yes he is
oakpark
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 11 2015, 10:30 AM) *

icon_bump.gif come on out weather is looking great! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Garold, will you have the grill fired up? My son works in a gourmet butcher shop and I can bring a selection of sausages for the guests.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(oakpark @ Aug 11 2015, 10:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 11 2015, 10:30 AM) *

Garold, will you have the grill fired up? My son works in a gourmet butcher shop and I can bring a selection of sausages for the guests.

Yes, grill we will be going
gms
Myself and Mike Bednar confirmed, possibly Mark Kinnaman
see you then!
GaroldShaffer
Hey this is starting to sound like a party aktion035.gif party.gif
GaroldShaffer
2 days piratenanner.gif
GaroldShaffer
1 ONE 1 day aktion035.gif
snakemain
Heading that way shortly. Hopefully 300 miles doesn't break the car.
snakemain
It broke the car. sad.gif died on the side of the road after 40 miles.
snakemain
And it cooled off and started working again.
snakemain
And 50 more miles and it dies again. Wtf?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(snakemain @ Aug 14 2015, 03:59 PM) *

And 50 more miles and it dies again. Wtf?

Now that just sucks! Is it loosing fuel pressure? Does is just quit or does it get sluggish before it dies?

Mark
snakemain
Yep. Losing fuel pressure like it's running out of gas. Then maybe a starter issue on top of that, so it won't turn over for a while. Managed to make it half way, where I was kinda planning to stop anyway. Food and a drink or two and a shower and we'll hopefully do the last 2 hours in the morning.
GaroldShaffer
Well be safe, hopefully you can make it here safely. We can take a look and see what is going on when you get here.
snakemain
That's what I told my wife. Better chance of figuring it out with a dozen or so 914 guys than in my garage with me.
designerguy90
I'm gonna limp my 914 over. Having some idle issues, but it needs to meet some other 914s now. I can't wait.
snakemain
Went out and checked on the car. Not a sound from the starter. Looks like I'm gonna have to push it off again in the morning. Good times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.