Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear window engine rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Is there an OEM rubber? The rear window is getting replaced and that seal between the window and the rear deck is in bad shape.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
SirAndy
I'm pretty sure 914rubber has that one ...
idea.gif
Shadowfax
+1 on 914rubber. Installed mine yesterday and it needed only a little trimming.Click to view attachment
Ian Stott
I have that one and it seemed kinda narrow, is it supposed to be narrow?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Shadowfax
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ May 4 2015, 06:41 PM) *

I have that one and it seemed kinda narrow, is it supposed to be narrow?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Yes I think so. Pretty sure he uses original parts for his molds.
Mikey914
Yes the dimensions are the same as OEM. The only difference is the internal clip. Mine will not rust, and you can remove a little of the ends to accommodate any crud that may have accumulated.
Mark
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 4 2015, 09:36 PM) *

Yes the dimensions are the same as OEM. The only difference is the internal clip. Mine will not rust, and you can remove a little of the ends to accommodate any crud that may have accumulated.
Mark

How wide is the rubber and what makes it attach? The one I removed had metal in it and was almost an inch wide?

Ian
Mikey914
Not quite sure I understand the question. The piece this clips onto on the body is about 3/16". The overall profile is about an inch. There is an internal clip that is bonded into the rubber profile. You can remove a short section of the internal clip if you want to allow any additional clearance on the ends.
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2015, 03:15 AM) *

Not quite sure I understand the question. The piece this clips onto on the body is about 3/16". The overall profile is about an inch. There is an internal clip that is bonded into the rubber profile. You can remove a short section of the internal clip if you want to allow any additional clearance on the ends.

I think I have the wrong piece! No wonder it doesn't seem right! Do I have to wait for the correct piece before I put the window back in?

Ian
Mikey914
No,
The window actually is independent of the rubber for the decklid. The little lip that sticks into the engine compartment area is what it clips onto.
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2015, 04:11 AM) *

No,
The window actually is independent of the rubber for the decklid. The little lip that sticks into the engine compartment area is what it clips onto.

Do you have my billing data? If you do would you send the proper rubber to Chris Foley at Tangerine Racing with my name on it, I'm going down ther in 2 weeks. Thx for your help on this.

Ian
Mikey914
I do not retain customer payment info, sorry. But if you can process on the site my assistant can ship tomorrow.

They are right here -
http://shop.914rubber.com/Engine-deck-lid-...m?categoryId=-1

Thanks,
mark
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2015, 05:51 AM) *

I do not retain customer payment info, sorry. But if you can process on the site my assistant can ship tomorrow.

They are right here -
http://shop.914rubber.com/Engine-deck-lid-...m?categoryId=-1

Thanks,
mark

Done, thx

Ian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.