Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Porsche emblem....correct placement???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jeff Krieger
There was a guy on Rennlist who put a large VW emblem on his 914's hood. I thought that was cool.
seanery
Elmonte,

I like your car, very nice looking.

Use this avatar - size is 125x83
72Signal914
I'd like to take a 911 emblem hack off the last 1 and then take the 4 from the C4S or C4 provided that the 1 and 4 are the same size and connect them somehow and see what it looked like on the back of the 914
Aaron Cox
or, if you have a 2.4 l "big four", you could buy the 911 2.4L engine insignia, and put it on your engine grill! would look sweet cool.gif
ninefourteener
I did it...It's done. I must have stared at it for about an hour before I finally decided exactly where to drill holes.

I like the crest set lower on the hood...Just my preference I guess.

pic:
djm914-6
sweet looking car. The crest looks like it belongs there. I think I'll mount mine lower when I get the new hood. wavey.gif
seanery
lower is better. how much from the bottom of the crest to the hood edge?
ninefourteener
Thanks!!

Actually, from the edge of the hood to the botton of the crast was about 2.5 inches.

The holes I drilled were just above the support for the hood. (the braces on the underside of the hood)
tod914
Nice job! Regarding your wheels, I would not change those for fuchs. They really look sharp with that color combination. I would suggest waiting till you can buy fuchs without having to sell these. Put these away then and use for shows.
ninefourteener
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not in a huge rush or anything to trade wheels. In fact. I've already turned down a couple offers.

I just really like the fuchs better. Plus, I'll clean them up once I get them anyway. I have tools to do metal polishing, etc.

Thanks though...

beerchug.gif
Kargeek
Crest or no crest- do what you like with your car. If I remember, I placed the one on my car a low as possible where the pins cleared above the inner bracing near the front of the car. I remember having a repo badge and the parts guy at what was Chick Iverson Porsche giving me one to make things right. Also, with my VW-Porsche badge on the back, I used 3M tape- could not bear drilling that many holes to mount it. I don't know how the gasket with the crest would work using tape to mount it. Here's a photo.
Curvie Roadlover
Do you have headlight squirters?
Lawrence
This is what I'd like to do. Then, completely remove the letters from the engine on grill. Maybe put a ceramic PCA badge on the grill instead.

IPB Image
ninefourteener
I dunno...I have to disagree with that. I'm all for nice upgrades, but the grill lettering is just one of those things that make a 914, a 914, you know?

I do love the 5-lug conversions though...I wish I had the cash to do it. I'm worried about upgrading wheels then, and having clearance problems.
72Signal914
Hey Lawrence, where can you get the "914 (Crest) Porsche" rear emblem. or is it a "914" emblem w/ a small crest and then "porsche" emblem. I like that on your car and maybe would do that to mine sometime
seanery
that was the 914/vw porsche logo replaced the vw with a crest.
72Signal914
ahh, but I thought they only made them in Black, unless he got it gold plated but I would need mine in black anywho, makes sense now IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.