Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Club stickers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
scotty b
I see alot of people sighting cars and wanting to know if it is a members. Upon doing a search under "club stickers" I get one response to an archery posting a few weeks back. Why don't we have a club sticker available for purchase, with a predetermined location on the car so we will KNOW if it is a members car we just saw?? Just a crazy idea from some punk ass all drunked up on Sudafed!! wacko.gif
azbill
For being all drunked up on Sudafed that's a good idea.
My$0.002 (2 mills)
scotty b
agree.gif That's why i was so suprized that I got nothing when I searched for it! Semmed like it would have been suggested by now. I think the outline would look great. It's simple yet imformative yet mysterious to those not in the know.
skline
We do have stickers, I got one on each of my cars. They are the static cling ones so they can be removed for cleaning. I think Seanery was the one selling them a while back.
skline
They look like this
scotty b
rolleyes.gif Was he all drunked up on Sudafed too? drunk.gif We don't need no static cling man...we need REAL stickers ! zorro.gif
aylanco
My "sticker" kept falling off (sometimes at 70 mph), so now it is in the glove box. Is there a trick to making it stay on? I'd much rather have it on the car than in the glovebox.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (aylanco @ Feb 18 2005, 08:18 PM)
My "sticker" kept falling off (sometimes at 70 mph), so now it is in the glove box. Is there a trick to making it stay on? I'd much rather have it on the car than in the glovebox.

clean the window...and it goes on the INSIDE of the glass! laugh.gif
aylanco
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 18 2005, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (aylanco @ Feb 18 2005, 08:18 PM)

clean the window...and it goes on the INSIDE of the glass! laugh.gif

Good one!!... But I did clean it, several times in fact with several different "products". Could it be that I've lost my static cling? screwy.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 18 2005, 06:34 PM)
We don't need no static cling man...we need REAL stickers ! zorro.gif

agree.gif I have a couple of them, but they don't do me any good.
My car has limo tint on all the windows. Nobody can see the stickers.
skline
Make sure the window is clean and then clean the sticker with the same window cleaner and make sure it is dry before applying it to the glass. The dirt on the sticker will make it fall off. Ask me how I know.
Dr Evil
I want sticker. Sticker good. Need cheap. Quick.
xsboost90
just some 914world.com stickers would be cool, or some vinyl ones w/ that w/ the car outline over it...hm.
mrihop
I'm in the sign business and could come up with some vinyl stickers....but would like a graphic and permission before I begin production....
Bleyseng
I made the first club stickers two years ago and Rhodyguy made the second batch of stickers which there should be some left.
Seanery made the graphics for both sets.
We have even had t shirts, hats, club gear bags and long sleave denim shirts for sale.

You guys are just a little early cuz the e commerce shop aint open yet.

gEoFf aktion035.gif
trkb
speaking of the hats when are they going to make some more to sale i would like to get one. And I think the sicker
idea is great, might even be a good idea to do them out so plastic or metal. Like the jesus fish. biggrin.gif

agree.gif with my self
Qarl
e-commerce!!!!! We've been hearing about that for a year now.

Oh.. and what about the billet hubs? We heard about those too...

In your dreams, buddy!

Bleyseng
icon8.gif Quiet, or Brad will bite you head off for such talk!
seanery
I heard a rumor that there might be 3 different hats available on the e-com? confused24.gif
seanery
oh, and as soon as kevin is sold out of his stickers new ones will be made available...but not til then.
anthony
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 18 2005, 09:10 PM)
Rhodyguy made the second batch of stickers which there should be some left.

For some reason the how to buy a sticker topic got deleted. Maybe there's no more left?
seanery
just send him a PM
dlo914
i could go for one of those maroon colored club hats with the off-center tag on the brim, and a club sticker. if anyone has an extra of either one or both i'll buy it off of ya....paypal is fine...
rick 918-S
Howard calls this the Money shot. The sticker is a bonus.
dlo914
drooley.gif looks like a cycloptic-arachnoid....
boxstr
Sean How about a microfiber hat similar to the PORSCHE ones?
CCLINTOPHAT
seanery
you've already seen 2 of them, the third has been presented recently...floppy beach-type hat.
Trekkor
I bought mine at High Performance House.

KT
rhodyguy
some people whinned about not having the convienence of paypal. some people complained about having to address 2 envelopes and prestamping them. some people termed the process "archaic" and "cumbersome". it was all too much work for some people , so i guess some didn't want one if it involved a bit of effort on their part. i tired of the whole ordeal and deleted the "how to get them"thread. good luck with permanent stickers on the outside of the windows. they'll look like shit after you wash your car a few times.

clean, and i mean CLEAN your windows. a squirt of windex isn't going the clean the years of grime. use a deluted solution of vinegar and ammonia. the one on my car has stayed on for 2 years and went all the way to san jose and back. targa top off the whole time and speeds far above the legal limit.

please don't hold off on making more stickers on my account. if some other person wants this thankless task, dust off the visa card, and have at it.

kevin
Bleyseng
yep, making them is easy its the sending out part thats a painintheass.
can't please everybody all the time especially for free.

ecommerce site will help but it will cost way more than what Kevins run.

Geoff rolleyes.gif
ablose58
my sticker is just fine and it never got loose yet biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
We could always do a reverse print sticker for the inside of the window. I know of two people tha have porsche stickers from 1970 on the inside of their windows and they look very good and not tattered at all. It was the $6 that kept me from getting a sticker last time, but I didn't realize that they were static cling stickers. I will look into this as well, I would just seek the blessing from the appropriate person to use the club logo. If someone doesnt want to send me a SASE and to pay with check, then they wouldn't get a sticker.
Waht would a reverse print sticker cost to make for a run of 100? $100? $200? I'd pay $2.77 ($2 for sticker, $.77 for postage) for a sticker.

How about a transparent sticker with a black reverse logo? The 1970s stickers were this way and they work well and look nice.
Lou W
Sticker that can go on the outside would be good, I have tinted windows and the current stickers can't be seen . smile.gif
rhodyguy
the initial costs for the first run is pretty steep. perhaps in a larger city than where i live there is more competition, resulting in lower costs. the setup fees, cutting die, and 4 color screening, are the same for 100 as it is for 500. for a 100 piece run you would have to charge a bundle per unit.

k
Dr Evil
It has been a while since I did anything like this, but I have been in, and have friends in many bands and they are always getting stickers done in bulk for cheap. I would not be doing any high tech, multi layered, $$$ stickers. Just something simple and cheap in clear vinyl with a black graphic. I was gonna do one for myself regardless. I would just make them available to who ever wanted them at cost.

So, who holds the moral intellectual rights to the graphic? Do I need to ask permission to design my own? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
seanery
don't do stickers.

that's an ecom item that is done.

I really don't want to sell them until Kevin is done with his.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Feb 19 2005, 12:36 PM)
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

lol2.gif $9.14 lol2.gif

Lisa wavey.gif
Dr Evil
that's an ecom item that is done.

I really don't want to sell them until Kevin is done with his.

Sean, I do not understand this statement, could you please explain? I wouldn't make any stickers to compete with those of you that have some still to sell. I hadn't thought of that previously, but that would suck to stick (no pun intended) those of you whom were nice enough to make some with your own debt and leftovers. I thought that they were all gone.
rhodyguy
sean, the stack is low. infact, there have been inquiries today, so if someone wants to go forward with a different batch PLEASE do so. if you have them, put them on the market. i know nothing about the ecom deal nor have i been contacted regarding the ones i had made up. mike, run an interest thread. you will get lots of "i want x number". when the stickers come in, the orders will be in dribs and drabs, and you had better have an pp account, a hand full of pens, a box of envelopes, and a few books of stamps.

k
rhodyguy
oh... and as not to screw up the balance of a checking account, you will get drive to the bank, stand in line to cash a $6 check, and drive home. screwy.gif

k
seanery
we have a new design, that will be available on the E-commerce site.
We've been holding off because Kevin put quite a bit of his own money into the last batch.
We don't want to leave him holding the bag.
rhodyguy
sending you a pm.
scotty b
QUOTE (boxstr @ Feb 18 2005, 09:35 PM)
Sean How about a microfiber hat similar to the PORSCHE ones?
CCLINTOPHAT

How about doing it in the plaid seat material??? OOOOOHHHHHHHH drooley.gif Oh and you could sell big red noses and floppy shoes with it too! laugh.gif
scotty b
agree.gif with myself , and yoiu could call it the Limited Edition model and charghe an extra $5.00. I'm full of ....ideas just try me!
red914
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Feb 19 2005, 07:17 AM)
... termed the process "archaic" and "cumbersome". ...

i dunno about that; the stamp and 6 one-dollar bills i mailed you worked ok! laugh.gif and mine has stayed on very well, thank you, all the way across the state and speeds just above legal, into the sun with the top off. driving.gif

i like the current stickers, personally. and i think that Craig's idea of a microfibre hat is a good one. all i would ask is to steer clear of the dark colors, as there seem to be too many of them. the burgundy hats were great. white may not be practical. tan is good. would yellow be faster? idea.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 19 2005, 01:32 PM)
We've been holding off because Kevin put quite a bit of his own money into the last batch.

I say bs.gif just like Mike's "first" sticker he was going to make for the WWC, that got the kabash put to it because of the "E-commerce".

So when is E-commerce suppose to happen??? tomorrow, next week, next month, next year......... its a flipn'n sticker. If there are stickers that Kevin needs to sell then let's put a link at the top of the page or maybe in the classified section. I like his, I bought 4 and I gave 3 of them away (Gave one to Dr Evil when I sent my door panels to him).

There are new members here that would like a sticker and someone is willing to make them and the design that is "approved" by the admins, then who cares. When E-commerce is up and going people will buy stickers from there also. But until that time........
Joe Bob
Cheap sticker sell better than woohoo multi color ones.....

BTW....I will NOT be making any 914club or WCC stickers....too much hassle....even though it was gonna be a donation for the participants...
type47fan
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Feb 26 2005, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (seanery @ Feb 19 2005, 01:32 PM)

So when is E-commerce suppose to happen??? tomorrow, next week, next month, next year......... its a flipn'n sticker. If there are stickers that Kevin needs to sell then let's put a link at the top of the page or maybe in the classified section.

There are new members here that would like a sticker and someone is willing to make them and the design that is "approved" by the admins, then who cares. When E-commerce is up and going people will buy stickers from there also. But until that time........

agree.gif just do it . . . !
seanery
you all can call it BS, or whatever. The fact is, it's not your place. There is a lot going on these days, some big things, some little things. Quit bitchin' about the stickers. Kevin has some, if you need one contact him.
azbill
It would be nice to have a posting that is VERY easy to find say in the top area of the Garage. I for one would like one but can't find out how. My $0.0002
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.