Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back window properly installed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
Guys, my car's back window looks to be loose from the rubber that sits between the engine cover and the window. Before I try to correct that, I would like to see some pics of a properly installed window, especially from an angle where I can see it positioned like it should be - between the head rests of the seats.

Next to that: can you point me towards a proper 'how to remove and reinstall the rear window'? I've found a thread from a few years back that mentions the use of some sort of foam.

All advice is welcome!

Menno
Shadowfax
Here's the write up I used this past weekend. Has some good pics. Was able to find the butyl tape 4196 on the shelf at Napa.

http://www.914world.com/specs/EricSheaRearWindow.php
Ian Stott
Just finished doing it about 3 hours ago, followed Eric Shea directions and had no problems. Got a roll of the recommended butyl from a glass shop, had a very good helper, well actually I was the helper! Went for a drive and my rattle is gone, it was the window.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
colingreene
I actually think that tape is a bit on the thick side...
PanelBilly
Not OEM, but not much on my car is... I use black Gorilla tape. Stuff goes on like duct tape and sticks like crazy
thieuster
Thanks guys! Exactly what I need!

Menno
Ian Stott
QUOTE(thieuster @ May 6 2015, 05:15 AM) *

Thanks guys! Exactly what I need!

Menno

Would have posted pics if I could. kinda computer challenged, glad you made out ok.

Ian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.