Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to remove the headlight mechanism
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
Any help is appreciated to direct me to the right thread. I want to disassemble and replace the plastic bushings for the headligh pivots. What is the 13mm nut and bolt (i think its 13) directly behind the headlight for, looks like it is attached the headlight pivot bar.

Thanks in advance always.
altitude411
Maybe this might be of some help? Also check the bird forum...

Click to view attachment
toolguy
That could be the stop positioner. . keeps the headlight assembly from jiggling when you are driving with the headlights on. Otherwise the headlight beams wiggle with every bump.
EdwardBlume
The assembly sits on the adjustable bolt coming in from the back. If you take it off, note its position.
913B
Ok I figured out how to remove it sitting in my garae last night.
The new question is the bristles on the lever lift bar opening on the body, is there a good replacement or subsitute for this ??
Kansas 914
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ May 6 2015, 08:49 AM) *

Ok I figured out how to remove it sitting in my garae last night.
The new question is the bristles on the lever lift bar opening on the body, is there a good replacement or subsitute for this ??

popcorn[1].gif

I need to freshen up that piece on my Willow Green as well...
913B
Here is a pic of the bristle/brush/horse hair, or whatever you call it that I am talking about, anyone ?? confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.