Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Rebuild- Again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
I rebuilt my engine in 1999 to a 2056cc screaming machine but I kinda missed a shift racing and now it leaks oil and burns oil like crazy. So its finally out in two hours and one beer.

I'll post pics of what the hell damage I did hitting over 7500rpms in second gear. Should be interesting.

I will be building a 2.4L engine with 103mm Nikkies, new cam, cerm. lifters, heads checked and/or refreshed, and New FI.

God I love this stuff.....too much fun.

The six conv is gonna have to wait as I just don't have the time nor extra cash (shit I could use a raise).

Geoff rocking nana.gif

Oh, I should add that I will add to this as I make progress. I was hoping that we had the Blogs set up by now but....later.
Bleyseng
Pic
redshift
I do that without even trying..

laugh.gif

M
Aaron Cox
silver and orange?????
ChrisReale
Easy A-ron, thats primer biggrin.gif
jones
Nice rear bumper rubber! Do you need any gasket kits or any of that other stuff I can get? I still need to return the Janbo...sorry. I have been smash.gif on the house and @ work.
Mark Henry
Cool smilie_pokal.gif

When you do the heads you should unshroud the valves a bit.

I think a 2.4 /4 will make you forget about a /6 for a long time.

BTW my crank, rod, cam are on the way...well almost, Jake's waiting on the cam from Web.
Bleyseng
I'll be giving you a call , John.

Aaron, there be lots of primer on the car these days. Lots of smash.gif smash.gif to get the AX tires to fit right plus some rust repairs. Found a guy who will paint it finally for less than $4k other than Macco. icon8.gif

Heads are going to HAM to be checked and flowed. I'll throw more money at the heads, for sure as thats where the hp is.

Geoff
DNHunt
Geoff

Give me a call when you are ready for deck height, end play, valve train geometry. I made up jigs for all of that stuff. It's available for some of that Danish beer. Also, I learned a few things with my engine.

I'll be out of town for a week, but anytime after.

The offer applies to anyone in the area. Beer for jigs.

Dave beer.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (DNHunt @ Feb 19 2005, 08:04 AM)
Geoff

Give me a call when you are ready for deck height, end play, valve train geometry. I made up jigs for all of that stuff. It's available for some of that Danish beer. Also, I learned a few things with my engine.

I'll be out of town for a week, but anytime after.

The offer applies to anyone in the area. Beer for jigs.

Dave beer.gif

There will BE NO DANCING! drunk.gif
Bleyseng
Its from Belgium, Leffe is its name. Got a six pack sitting here but I am drinking Singha these days. Got a case for free.

Its a deal! but if the rod deal goes thru it will be 60+ days before much happens. Heads are going to HAM first.
Got alot done yesterday, engine is stripped down. I'll pop off the heads today to see the damage or what let loose racing. dry.gif

Geoff

ablose58
Yeah Geoff I will be starting that long road to rebuilding very soon beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Let me know if I can help. I am really good with a hammer smash.gif smash.gif
nine14cats
Hi Geoff,

How does your 2056 run with the D-Jet? Did you test for emissions? My 1976 2.0 may be a fun project to make work with the D-Jet. I'd like to know more.... biggrin.gif

The car currently passes smog here in CA with flying colors but could use a freshening.

Thanks,

Bill P.
914werke
HAM? unsure.gif
Found a guy who will paint it finally for less than $4k other than Macco.  

Is is a shop or an individual ? Im still trying to put togethter my program as Ive been doing nothing but stripping and prepering the chassis for blast/Weld/Paint

Dave, I may also take you up on that offer though Belgin beer might be outta my reach smile.gif beer.gif
914ghost
Geoff-
Missed A shift? I didn't miss a shift and my crank busted in two. Different story though.
Hey, if'n you upgrade p/c's ...let me know if you need to dispose of the set you have- and cam /lifters..? All your old junk? Got an old microwave? I'll take it all! But only to help you out.
I think I have to build a T4 for my 912 and if they don't have giant holes in them there's a good home for them here, I'll be selling my 912 engine stuff for money.
Actually...why dont I take your whole engine!? I' have an NOS case for your new one.
Allright, you can keep the heads.
Bob O
wenatchee
Bleyseng
I have that good 1.7l W case rebuilt with EA pistons here. I was gonna use it in the camper but that 2.0l is good just blown seals as oil is everywhere, yuck. Only 112k on it.

Slap some cheap 96mm with the 66mm stroke punchout the heads and bam! 85 hp rever or more if you do a cam change.

My 2056 is my core for the 2.4l with only 12k on it. The case needs nothing as its been done. Changing the rods if the Jake deal goes thru or else I will reuse them with ARP bolts.
Need to bore out the case and heads.

HAM is the head rebuilder for Jake. Look on Jakes site for info.
Geoff
Bleyseng
Ok, breaking the engine down slowly. Finally I took a hi res shot of how the intakes are ported on the heads. Gives you a idea what to do if you go this route.

Geoff
ablose58
Geoff you offered to help me and that you are gud w/hammer but only iffin you bring a BFH smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.