Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dolly Trolley ideas...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OllieG
Hi,

I have to move my restoration project about 250 miles on the motorway(highway!) coz I just got a new job and am upping sticks. The tub is on a rotisserie right now, attached at the suspension and gearbox mounts instead of the bumper mounts.

I'll probably just bolt a couple of timber planks to the rotisserie frame and use some large pneumatic castors to roll it around and onto a trailer. I'm keen to have the tub bolted to the trolley instead of just strapping it down - to avoid unwanted 'offloading' at high speed!

Show me how you've done it…looking for ideas.

Thanks.

IPB Image
Ed_914
I transported my tub on a flatbed trailer from Germany to Holland, the whole floor section supported the weight. 4 guys can lift it on the flatbed easy enough. No rotisserie of course

QUOTE(OllieG @ May 6 2015, 05:42 PM) *

Hi,

I have to move my restoration project about 250 miles on the motorway(highway!) coz I just got a new job and am upping sticks. The tub is on a rotisserie right now, attached at the suspension and gearbox mounts instead of the bumper mounts.

I'll probably just bolt a couple of timber planks to the rotisserie frame and use some large pneumatic castors to roll it around and onto a trailer. I'm keen to have the tub bolted to the trolley instead of just strapping it down - to avoid unwanted 'offloading' at high speed!

Show me how you've done it…looking for ideas.

Thanks.

IPB Image

Unobtanium-inc
The main thing to remember is you can never have too many straps and check them everytime you stop, EVERY TIME! They like to loosen when you have a strange load.
Strap both the cart and the car. And remember when taking turns the load will be very top heavy. I done this dozens of times and never had a problem, but I tend to be very careful. Let me know if you need to see more examples.
OllieG
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ May 6 2015, 05:09 PM) *

The main thing to remember is you can never have too many straps and check them everytime you stop, EVERY TIME! They like to loosen when you have a strange load.
Strap both the cart and the car. And remember when taking turns the load will be very top heavy. I done this dozens of times and never had a problem, but I tend to be very careful. Let me know if you need to see more examples.

Nice looking project!..thanks for the tips guys.
cary
Ollie,

Do you have a shot (picture) of your rotisserie mounting points. I need to re fabricate mine.

Most folks build something simple out of lumber. 4*4's and add wheels.
r_towle
Tub weighs about 400 lbs. get three friend and take it off the rotisserie and lay it flat on the trailer
PanelBilly
I rented a 20' box truck from Penske and used the lift gate to help get it in (with a few guys on the other end to lift) Then with some straps I hung it from the slats on the walls of the box. It floated in the box. Worked great. You could pack your other stuff around it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.