Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hinterleiter
I need to remove the speedometer from my 1974 2.0 in order to repair the odometer. Pulled the gauge plate and for the life of me, getting the speedometer out has me beat. Looked at assembly drawings, reviewed several manuals and I can not figure out how to remove the speedo from the plate. Got to be an easy way that I'm missing. Help!
mepstein
Pull it out. Just held in with the rubber trim ring. (once the odometer cable is set free)
dcecc1968
All the guages in my 914 are held in place by friction from a rubber ribbed sleeve. if you have the plate off, you should be able to just push them out.
rgalla9146
Re-attach the "gauge plate" with the four phillips screws
Slip a flat screwdriver under the edge of the speedo and lever it out of the plate. Move the screw driver from place to around the edge of the gauge.
They can be very stuck in place.
Dave_Darling
Or just push it out from the back side of the gauge. It's a bit of a reach with the gauge plate installed, but very doable.

Note that you'll want to unplug and label all of the wires, and unhook the speedo cable and the trip odometer reset cable.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.