Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Help me pack for my Elise retrieval rip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sgomes
Mine! And I hope this doesn't piss anyone off but I sooooooooo want to convert an Elise to electric. For sure that is my next car to convert. You think I'd get any funny looks at the dealership if I asked how much they'd drop the price for the 'no engine' option? screwy.gif
airsix
QUOTE (Qarl @ Feb 21 2005, 07:39 AM)
Thought of something else this morning... a tire gauge and a can of fix-a-flat.

The Elise doesn't have a spre! ohmy.gif

I think it actually already has the can of fix-a-flat in the tool kit (but I could be wrong). Anyway good that you thought of the tire pressure guage. I thought of that last night too - It's why I came back to this thread, but since you already thought of that... I'm out of here until I see an new thread about trip pictures. wink.gif

Oh yeah, is that on the list? - Digital camera?

-Ben M.
Eric_Shea
Chastity Belt for the Miles visit?

I don't think he's been outside for a year and a 1/2... confused24.gif
riverman
Condoms. Don't go anywhere these days without condoms.
ArtechnikA
radar detectors are illegal to POSESS in DC (so hide it real good. doesn't even have to be on...)
they are illegal to operate in MD and, IIRC, VA. i don't know about the other states.

oh - no hollowpoints in NJ!

i wouldn't trust the availability of radio stations to play enough uptempo driving music, so bring something that can play music you like, and plenty of it.

if you have a stopover in the Philly area, lemme know and i'll be glad to come buy you a "bonne Voyage" cup of coffee...

i'll PM you the phone number.

we had 4" snow last night but it should be 48F tomorrow.
redshift
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 21 2005, 01:24 PM)
Chastity Belt for the Miles visit?

I don't think he's been outside for a year and a 1/2... confused24.gif

dry.gif

Blah! Just bring condoms!

M
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Feb 20 2005, 01:37 AM)
I know you can't carry a pocket knife on the air plane

sure you can. just not in the carry-on.
can go in checked baggage.
vortrex
with all the criticism there is about the "wine and cheese" 911 forums, this sounds like a perfect topic for it! you're driving a car, not getting ready for a tour of duty in nam.
redshift
You can carry anything on an airplane that they can't find.

It's a game!

M
Joe Ricard
How far? shit all you need is a pack of Baby wipes, teeth or tooth brush. Credit card for gas and coffee. Foamy Ear plugs from Lowes @ 1.79 for 3 pair. Cell phone with all our numbers plugged in.
Yup that should do it. I drove 400 miles yesterday in the 914 with 5 ax laps at the mid point. Still home for dinner.
iamchappy
agree.gif Sounds like Qarl is getting ready for a month long excursion. When I purchased my wife's cars out of state I packed a one way ticket to the Traverse city, Mi. airport, money and cell phone. Drove straight home only stopping for gas, and drive through.
I did the same thing years earlier when I bought a car in Tampa.
Qarl you are over prepared when you packed the fix a flat. you may as well bring the craftmans rolling tool chest. laugh.gif
Qarl
Hey... I was a Boyscout... be prepared!

I always just over-anal-yze things. I'm probably good with just a toothbrush, toothpaste and some cash.

But I want to have fun on the trip too!

Regards,

Karl.. err... Qarl

redshift
Bring extra cash, you never know where you might be held for ransom... and you might need extra cash.

unsure.gif

M
Lou W
Cd's unless you got xm radio. smile.gif
redshift
I checked with the local Travel Beaureaeu... unsure.gif uhh...... they said, "Yes, just make sure your friend brings lots of cash.".

There has been a cash shortage here, the local economy depends on cash.. bring tons.

M
iamchappy
I almost forgot to mention there is one more thing missing from your must pack list.
MEEEEEEE, you will need a passenger and navigator. biggrin.gif
vortrex
have you thought about air support?
redshift
clover.gif alien_2.gif icon8.gif pain30.gif
krk
QUOTE (Qarl @ Feb 21 2005, 03:28 PM)
Hey... I was a Boyscout... be prepared!

I always just over-anal-yze things. I'm probably good with just a toothbrush, toothpaste and some cash.

But I want to have fun on the trip too!

Regards,

Karl.. err... Qarl

Karl,

I don't get to post much these days -- but I'm glad to hear your Elise is nearly here!

I don't have much additional to offer -- earlier folk have given lots of suggestions of various(smile.gif) quality -- my SO and I brought our /6 down from Vancouver, BC, to San Jose -- it was two middling length days (8hrs each iirc) -- and we had to do a customs visit crossing the border.

Cell phone, Visa, AAA, clothes and a feeling for adventure. Yee haw.

You'll be fine. It's a new car. What could possibly go wrong.... biggrin.gif

kim.
dlo914
QUOTE (Qarl @ Feb 20 2005, 08:27 AM)
look at my nice ass... come and get me Carl... rawr...

I hope you're talking about the car and not the cows!!!

moo....dry.gif
MJHanna
I know you are doing the GPS but an old fashion road atlas is worth its weight in gold if you need to take a deviation from your planned route. driving.gif
Qarl
Packed! Everything in one small duffel bag.

I started burning CDs and said fuck it. I bought an XM receiver for $94 at Walmart and added it to my wife's existing subscription. I like the dirty comedy channel. Makes trips go by FAST.

The car is getting Starshield (protective paint film) applied tomorrow and I get the car Thursday morning. The cars are susceptible to small rocks and crap dinging the paint (especially on the rockers near the rear wheel well). The film protects the paint, is nearly invisible, and is less costly to replace then to repaint!

Tomorrow night... no sleep!!!!!

I will try and check in at the hotel (provided they have wireless).

Thanks everybody for their feedback.

OH... and I forgot ONE MORE THING for the list... my accordion. I can't go anywhere without my accordion.... ha ha laugh.gif
iamchappy
Good luck Qarl, Have a nice trip say hi to Miles for me , oh wait hi Miles your probably reading this.
Enjoy the drive. I hope to see you in a few weeks.
Chap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.