Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Rear brake dust shields 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
altitude411
looking for a good pair of rear brake dust shields for the six.
914itis
QUOTE(altitude411 @ May 10 2015, 09:26 AM) *

looking for a good pair of rear brake dust shields for the six.

Is it the same as the early4's ?
If it is , I have a nice set

Oops! Maybe not.

check here.
altitude411
Paul, if I could find a set of OEM's I'd be grateful but I'm not holding my breath icon8.gif
I'm running these currently and I believe they are the same as early fours... confused24.gif Click to view attachment
914Sixer
PET shows early 911 part number and vented holes. 901.352.801.21
bdstone914
I think the difference is that the 6 had vent holes like the 911 has.
altitude411
Well, if you don't have any Bruce, they're extinct. dry.gif
Luke M
I believe that I have a pair that came off my 6. I'll check later this afternoon and get back to you.
altitude411
Thanks so much Luke! I'll check back after work this evening.... dancinnanner.gif
johnhora
The rears shields are the same as the 4cyl....front are like 911 with vents...

here is a pic of the rear of an original 914-6

Click to view attachment
davep
The stock 914/6 would not benefit from a vented backing plate; they do not have vented rear rotors. On the other hand, a 914/6 GT would benefit. However, a GT might not use the plates at all due to weight reduction.
altitude411
johnhora, thank you for your pic and info. Much appreciated.

Also thank you davep. Information is a deep well on the World. beerchug.gif
Luke M
Took sometime but I found them.
Let me know if you want pics.
altitude411
Yes please! Thanks for digging. PM sent w/e-mail
altitude411
Hey Luke, are you taking pictures or drawing them? biggrin.gif Haven't received anything as yet? Maybe your looking for your crayons? popcorn[1].gif
Luke M
QUOTE(altitude411 @ May 12 2015, 05:23 AM) *

Hey Luke, are you taking pictures or drawing them? biggrin.gif Haven't received anything as yet? Maybe your looking for your crayons? popcorn[1].gif

My e-net service has been in and out due to some storms moving through here.
I emailed you the pics let me know if you got them.
bdstone914
For what it is worth PET shows 901 352 801 21 as the 914-6 backing plate and 914 352 801 00 as the 914 plate. The drawing shows vent holes. The 6 rear rotors are slightly larger in diameter than the 914 so they may need a bigger shield to clear the rotor.

Bruce
davep
Yes, we realize what the PET says. It just does not make sense to me. The important thing is: what was actually installed on the cars by the factory?
altitude411

Luke I got your drawi, er... pictures. Thanks for them How much mula do you need for them?
altitude411
Ok gang... I've got both kinds of shields sourced. dance.gif I guess I'll purchase both sets unless Luke want one million dollars for his set.

I was fortunate to source a perfect set of 914-6 or 914-6 GT ( waiting for the dust to settle so to speak) vented front and rear brake shields. I also found a third set of vented shields. If anyone else is looking for vented rears.... Now let's settle this debate. Which are correct factory OEM rear brake dust shields?

* I'm probably gonna run the vented shields as I'm thinking of running vented rear rotors, besides they just look cool!

I open a discussion thread here http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=255630
Luke M
QUOTE(altitude411 @ May 12 2015, 06:25 PM) *

Ok gang... I've got both kinds of shields sourced. dance.gif I guess I'll purchase both sets unless Luke want one million dollars for his set.

I was fortunate to source a perfect set of 914-6 or 914-6 GT ( waiting for the dust to settle so to speak) vented front and rear brake shields. I also found a third set of vented shields. If anyone else is looking for vented rears.... Now let's settle this debate. Which are correct factory OEM rear brake dust shields?

* I'm probably gonna run the vented shields as I'm thinking of running vented rear rotors, besides they just look cool!

I open a discussion thread here http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=255630

One million and one dollar.. Sold to you .. laugh.gif
I'll ship them out today so keep an eye on your pm box for the tracking #.
altitude411
Got it Luke. Thank you so very much. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.