Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I'll keep this one....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jake Raby
I know how easy it is to mess up a good thing by trying to perfect it.. Just going to keep this one simple and well maintained and will watch the values increase. I look at my cars as money in the bank that nets a lot more than the 1% interest the banks are paying.

And I can have fun with them in the process. Lots of my cars are worth 3-4 X what they were when I bought them.
type47fan
What's your VIN Jake?

Here's my California smog legal '76, #3947, L31M, with genuine 2 piece EMPI 8 spokes.

Click to view attachment

and how it will look after the 5 lug conversion with 6x16 FUCHS

Click to view attachment

Enjoy yours Jake!
mepstein
Keep it a Four - 4 spoke. It's lighter.
Jake Raby
Pretty much decided on the 5 lug conversion with fuchs about like those posted by type 47 fan.

But, thats the end of the mods!
Chris H.
Here are a couple of pics from the "black 914"thread:

4 lug:

Click to view attachment

5 Lug:

Click to view attachment

Link to thread:

Black 914 Thread

Look nice either way don't they?
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 19 2015, 07:40 PM) *
But, thats the end of the mods!

Yeah, sure.... wink.gif

--DD
Cairo94507
No matter which wheel you choose, 4 lug original fuchs or 5 lug fuchs, the car is going to look terrific.
bcheney
Hoorah for a Big Bumper car! Too many many of our 914 brothers are critical of these cars! Congrats on a nice find Jake!
Jake Raby
QUOTE(bcheney @ May 20 2015, 11:43 AM) *

Hoorah for a Big Bumper car! Too many many of our 914 brothers are critical of these cars! Congrats on a nice find Jake!

I don't pay any attention to the bumpers. With the black paint, they just get lost anyway.
r_towle
15, 16, or 17 inch wheels?
Jake Raby
I have a set of 15s that are in great shape, so I plan to use them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.