Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official COTM for June 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Andyrew
This is the official poll for the COTM (Car Of The Month) for June 2015.

The poll will close 5/26/15 @ 11:59PM

Each contestant will be encouraged to provide one picture as well as a 50 word description of your car. I will put that in the top post for the members to vote. If no information or picture is provided I will put their name and find a picture of their car.

Each contestant is then encouraged to post as much as they want within this thread to support their car, or they may link to their own threads.

Voters... Remember this is not a popularity contest, this is about which car is your favorite build, which means the most to you, which you find the most impressive, which you simply like the most.

The winner will then be required to provide 3 pictures of their car that will be used on the home page and a 25 word description of their car, and their car will be on display on the home page until the next car is appointed!

**EDIT**

Poll Closed!
John - laflaur Is the winner with 53ea Votes!
Andyrew
Alex - 221KW914
IPB Image
Andyrew
Andy – SirAndy
IPB Image

The car started life as a '70 1.7L /4 and had a tired 1.8L in it when i bought it 15 years ago. It was sitting on a used car lot with fallen down windows and standing water inside.

I went through a full rust-o-ration and in 2006 found a deal on a 3.6L motor i couldn't refuse. (See the conversion link in my signature)

The car has been driving without any major problems ever since the conversion, i drive it at least one or twice a week and try to make all the major events here on the west coast.
It's set up for AX and spirited street driving with the occasional DE at the big track.

Puts a smile on my face every time i take her out ...
biggrin.gif
-Sir Andy
Andyrew
Mike - Mike Bellis
IPB Image
Andyrew
John – laflaur
IPB Image

9140432188,restored in the late 90's early 2000's.
Signal orange,steel flares, 7 and 8x15, non original motor,2.2 with "s" pistons "e" cams
side shift with short gears and lsd. 88 carrera front end with raised spindles and 944 turbo brakes. Koni sport reds adjustable spring perches, rear six calipers widened for vented rotors. Most everything powder coated underneath.
Andyrew
Jamie – Jrust
IPB Image
VegasRacer
I like the one with the flared fenders. shades.gif
Andyrew
You mean the one with the standard GT flares?
EdwardBlume
Open for 2 weeks? Dang.
Andyrew
I want it up at the beginning of next month, I looked back and many of them seemed to be open for about 2 weeks... So this seemed to fit. Also it gives Andy about a week to post the update as I would like it to be live by June 1st. smile.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ May 12 2015, 10:49 PM) *

I like the one with the flared fenders. shades.gif

Yup. The one with the flares.

laflaur
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 12 2015, 10:38 PM) *

John – laflaur
IPB Image

Thanks to altitude for the nomination.
Signal orange,steel flares, 7 and 8x15, non original motor,2.2 with "s" pistons "e" cams
side shift with short gears and lsd. 88 carrera front end with raised spindles and 944 turbo brakes. Koni sport reds adjustable spring perches, rear six calipers widened for vented rotors. Most everything powder coated underneath.
JRust
Wow! I appreciate the nomination but my car is still damaged. It is getting better thanks to all the help from everyone pray.gif . Please don't give me sympathy votes for my car & the problems I've had over the last year. The other 4 cars are all more deserving at this point aktion035.gif

Give me a little time & I'll have it completely fixed smile.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(JRust @ May 13 2015, 12:24 PM) *

Wow! I appreciate the nomination but my car is still damaged. It is getting better thanks to all the help from everyone pray.gif . Please don't give me sympathy votes for my car & the problems I've had over the last year. The other 4 cars are all more deserving at this point aktion035.gif

Give me a little time & I'll have it completely fixed smile.gif

no sympathy....no our style.

Its not a vote for you either....

Its a vote for the shitbox that wont die, no matter how hard you try to kill it.

That is a stubborn car.
SirAndy

Andy – SirAndy
IPB Image

The car started life as a '70 1.7L /4 and had a tired 1.8L in it when i bought it 15 years ago. It was sitting on a used car lot with fallen down windows and standing water inside.

I went through a full rust-o-ration and in 2006 found a deal on a 3.6L motor i couldn't refuse. (See the conversion link in my signature)

The car has been driving without any major problems ever since the conversion, i drive it at least one or twice a week and try to make all the major events here on the west coast.
It's set up for AX and spirited street driving with the occasional DE at the big track.

biggrin.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 13 2015, 11:54 AM) *

Andy – SirAndy
IPB Image

biggrin.gif

Where's the photo when your up three wheels up! yikes.gif That's so cool!
JRust
icon_bump.gif to the top. Vote people (not for my car) but Vote evilgrin.gif
76-914
Matthew 7:1. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Mike Bellis
I don't really expect to win against these beautiful cars but here is the flyer I created for the Werks Reunion...

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
There is still another 60 votes on the table! With the average voter turn out about 150 in the summer months the end results can swing any way! Get out there and vote everyone!
URY914
I've voting for the -4.
Andyrew
Bump!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JRust @ May 14 2015, 10:23 AM) *

icon_bump.gif to the top. Vote people (not for my car) but Vote evilgrin.gif

Technically Jamie, Your car was a car of the month. Just while it was owned by the other guy biggrin.gif
dlkawashima
When Dean owned Jamie's car, it was nominated several times but it never won.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(laflaur @ May 13 2015, 06:42 AM) *

John – laflaur
IPB Image

Thanks to altitude for the nomination.

Nice to see John's car getting some love. We both worked for the same company back in the 1990's - 2000's. His car came a long way and he put up with some vendors who could have done a better job from the start.

John doesn't make every event. I think he has to stick close to home with work and home life. But if you've seen this car up close, even though the picture here is very beautiful, it doesn't do it justice. When something hasn't been perfect, John has backed up and done it again. The end result is one of the best. It got my vote and it deserves to win!
altitude411
agree.gif When I saw this beautiful car it seemed only to be missing one thing.... A COTM badge. first.gif
Andyrew
BUMP!! We have till the 26th EOD for the final voting!
Mike Bellis
We need a COTM for POS cars. Than I will have a chance! beerchug.gif
Andyrew
I have plans that will be shared after I do some more research smile.gif

This has been touched on before, but my next COTM I plan on doing a narrow body COTM because there are so few narrow body's, then non porsche engine COTM and, project COTM, Basically the majority of the COTM's are widebody 6's or 6 conversions.

I also am planning on having COTM every month.

Anyways Its just a matter of me doing the research so no one thinks that I am playing favorites to any specific group or showing any bias.
Mike Bellis
It is hard for cars that look so different (wide, narrow, painted, rough) to get a good comparison for voting. It's like voting for the hottest chick. We don't all like the fastest craziest bitch...

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the nomination. It feels like an accomplishment.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 22 2015, 02:44 PM) *

It is hard for cars that look so different (wide, narrow, painted, rough) to get a good comparison for voting. It's like voting for the hottest chick. We don't all like the fastest craziest bitch...

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the nomination. It feels like an accomplishment.

Mikes car is amazing kids! It embodies the best of this site and what Porsche really should be about.
76-914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 22 2015, 02:10 PM) *

I have plans that will be shared after I do some more research smile.gif

This has been touched on before, but my next COTM I plan on doing a narrow body COTM because there are so few narrow body's, then non porsche engine COTM and, project COTM, Basically the majority of the COTM's are widebody 6's or 6 conversions.

I also am planning on having COTM every month.

Anyways Its just a matter of me doing the research so no one thinks that I am playing favorites to any specific group or showing any bias.

You got my attention. popcorn[1].gif
boxsterfan
Can we have a COJSFTM category? Car on Jack Stands for the Month.
PlantMan
All great cars for sure!
I voted Jamie this time around....love the color!
Andyrew
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ May 22 2015, 08:56 PM) *

Can we have a COJSFTM category? Car on Jack Stands for the Month.

Yes, I think that falls under the "project car" category. It can certainly be named creatively though smile.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 22 2015, 04:50 PM) *

We need a COTM for POS cars. Than I will have a chance! beerchug.gif

The sandbox has its own awards. Get yourself nominated. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
GET YOUR VOTES IN!

Poll closes 11:59PM PST!
Andyrew
POLL IS CLOSED!

John - laflaur Is the winner with 53ea Votes! Congratulations!!!

John you have a PM!
sb914
Why isn't johns car on the home page ? confused24.gif
Andyrew
Because John hasnt provided me with 3 pictures and a 25 word description. I reminded him today smile.gif

I am hoping to put it up on June 1st. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 28 2015, 08:22 PM) *
I am hoping to put it up on June 1st. smile.gif

av-943.gif

Oh, wait ... blink.gif
Andyrew
I said hoping tongue.gif
altitude411
Any news?
EdwardBlume
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
76-914
Hell, let's just use some pic's of Mike Bellis' car. John probably wouldn't even notice.
Mike Bellis
Maybe COTM should be limited to active members? first.gif
Andyrew
Aparently a Pm every 2 days to Andy isnt enough sad.gif

I got the pics and details in to Andy on the 31st and I am for sure he is really busy. I told John that his car will be up for at least 30 days and not to worry about when it gets posted up.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 10 2015, 09:42 PM) *

Aparently a Pm every 2 days to Andy isnt enough sad.gif

I got the pics and details in to Andy on the 31st and I am for sure he is really busy. I told John that his car will be up for at least 30 days and not to worry about when it gets posted up.

Now you know why it goes out 2 months or so. It must be a pain to do on Andy's side.
EdwardBlume
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
laflaur
Guess I should get my post count up to show I am an active member dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.