Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2005 MidWest Classic, Aug 5-7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum
Pages: 1, 2
Doug Leggins
you're forgetting about the soon-to-be-finished tangerine dream coming from Nashville, IN....stand back folks

ROTFLMAO!

But then.... that added some pressure...& $$$... -LOL

I've heard from many that the cars at the MWC are superb! I've been trying to get to the event for the last couple of years but have ended up on vacation in FL the days of the event. No complaints about being in FL - sandy beaches and plenty of beer3.gif. I just want both, MWC and FL. This year vacation is planned around the MWC- I've just got to see all of the fantastic cars!!! Driving up with a group of 914s would be great!

Hey it's SIGNAL ORANGE!!! Tangerine wasn't bright enough biggrin.gif
Hawk
Congratulations to the first official registrant to 2005 MWC. Drum roll................... rocking nana.gif

BARBER DAVE!

There's a cool one on the house from SMOG for you at the banquet for this distinction. drunk.gif
And its fitting since Dave started this midwest event rolling 3 years ago down in Maumee.
Steve Thacker
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 24 2005, 12:38 PM)
Wow,

Rayco Steve, Turbo Dan & Blackie Dave coming to the MWC 2005. You out-of-staters are bringing up your big guns.

My goal for the MWC-2005 is to park between Rick's (Black) 918-S and Nick's Black/Yellow LE. If you recall last year I beat out Nick's Bumble Bee by one point. I know he's gunning for me. Guess I'll have to spend some time prepping my car & saying my prayers. Nothing beats cunning old cougers over young stuff.

Yellow looks good btwn. black cars. Oh I can't wait.

Tom

Thomas,
Should look like a big stink'in bumblebee from the air , with yours in between those two.

Just remember .....

Old Age & Treachery Will Beat Out Youth & Skill Every Time

Just ask me laugh.gif
BS Chairman
Hey Guys, The ONE point thing that made someone a winner last year, is a one point every 914 owner should have. Sometime when you have time, I'll tell you a good story about the one point. Maybe two stories because a dumb bunny didn't learn the first time. AH, but thats another story.
Hawk
Make it HALON, eh?
startsw/p
Hey all. We will be driving over from Canada. 914/6 conv. not quite done... will bring empty vanagon. See you there! mueba.gif Kris Hoecht, Ontario
BS Chairman
Hi Kris,
Glad to hear that you will be able to make MWC this year. I think that The MWC might a bite closer than Hershey. Sounds like you may have a new car. A six did you say? No matter we are looking forward to seeing you.
TJB/914
Mr. B.S. Chairman & Kris,
I wonder if Kris is the guy from Canada I sold (5) lug Mahle Gas Burners for his 6er a few years ago at the Stoddard Meet?? We also need to get ahold of Marc in Windsor (silver 914) and his friends in Canada. Lets make this an International event with our friends from the North. Eah!!!

Tom
Curvie Roadlover
Tom,
We first met Marc at the Vintage VW meet last year. Any word on when that event is?
TJB/914
Curvie (Tom) Good to see you back on the board.

The Michigan Vintage Volkswagon Club event is Sunday May22nd. 2005 & our local kick-off event from winter. I think it's on
This is the event we recruit those VW guys to the wild side of Type-4. Hey maybe Jake will be there??? I wonder??

Tom
BTW
Pic of U at last yrs. event
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Tom B. or Tom M. is the V.W. meet in Yippisi again, got it on my calender. Dave biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
We sure shake those V.W, guys up ,don't we!
Garland
I was at the V.W. meet last year. Took the yellow bug, then saw you guys at the MWC with my 914.
Garland
Here he is out of the trunk at the MVVC event. Who's 914?
Garland
Nice weather last year.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (Garland @ Mar 2 2005, 12:19 AM)
Here he is out of the trunk at the MVVC event. Who's 914?

Thant's Andy's 6. In fact, there's Andy himself, posing for the camera biggrin.gif
xsboost90
whos got the red one w/ the OHIO plate? We'll have to get a 914club group (car) shot at the MWC this year...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Hay thats just like Andy always posing , at least he puts his best ( foot ) forward. Dave biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
dralf
rolleyes.gif
Hi guys, tomorrow I will be filling in my application for the 2005 MidWest Classic. Iam both excited mueba.gif and scared unsure.gif . Excited for I will get to meet all of your guys in this part of the world, but scared for so far I have only driven my 914 around the block at best....I do not know if it will hold together that far and back. Oh well,I have till August to test drive it.

I live in Dayton so I hope to link up with some of you as we head up north. I get goose bumps thinking how much fun such a caravan will be. That way just as the settlers heading out west, if my wagon breaks down, you guys will fix me up to keep the indians at bay and send the calvary to rescue me.

That is all for now and hope to as time gets closer to have some comunications with fellow travelers.

Al

PS: mine is a black, 1975 - 2.0 L baby
dralf
Hi guys, tomorrow I will be filling in my application for the 2005 MidWest Classic. Iam both excited and scared . Excited for I will get to meet all of your guys in this part of the world, but scared for so far I have only driven my 914 around the block at best....I do not know if it will hold together that far and back. Oh well,I have till August to test drive it.

I live in Dayton so I hope to link up with some of you as we head up north. I get goose bumps thinking how much fun such a caravan will be. That way just as the settlers heading out west, if my wagon breaks down, you guys will fix me up to keep the indians at bay and send the calvary to rescue me.

That is all for now and hope to as time gets closer to have some comunications with fellow travelers.

Al

mack914
You must to be excited to push the button twice.
dralf
mueba.gif
You bet !!! Iam EXCITED
The women I live with trains dogs and as such I have had to go to a zillion dog shows, this time I get to drag her butt to someting I am intrested in.

Perhaps I should bring along a few dogs to pull the teener if it breaks down.

Oh perhaps I don't need to do that; the little lady can push it if that happens.
seanery
QUOTE (dralf @ Mar 11 2005, 01:48 PM)
Hi guys, tomorrow I will be filling in my application for the 2005 MidWest Classic. Iam both excited and scared . Excited for I will get to meet all of your guys in this part of the world, but scared for so far I have only driven my 914 around the block at best....I do not know if it will hold together that far and back. Oh well,I have till August to test drive it.

Al

sweet!

You'll make it fine! driving.gif
Steve Thacker
Al,
Don't sweat it man.... there will be a few of us on maiden voyages also. So between the group of us, someone will have the tool or part to fix the problem. The number one thing is clutch cables. Keep a spare one. I'll be loaded down with all the right stuff.
As they say down under...No Worries Mate!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Dralf: Welcome to the group of Ohio 914ers. Don't under estimate your 914,it,s not unusual for these engines to do 150000 to 250000 miles with out the case being split. The most important thing is regular maintance. 3,ooo mille oil & filter change.and adjust valves. There is all the help you will ever need on the 914 club site. Please send me your e-mail so I can add you to the list of Ohio 914ers.
Dave kimple aka BarberDave slap.gif
dralf
wink.gif Thanks for the words of encouragement.
I was told this engine was rebuilt, but then again don't know who did it or what was actually done. I can tell that it was taken out of the car for only half the stuff was put back correctly. I am the 5th owner so we will see if my TLC will make it more reliable than my first on. Gosh I had a love hate relationship with my 1971 model. I got it new and in the 60,000 miles I drove it in 5 years I spent $5000 in maintance of every and any sort ! My dad thought I was nuts for you could back then buy a nice car for about $2500 and I had spent twice that much keeping the teener on the road.

THe "Dog Lady" and I look forward to that weekend.
My E Mail is DRALF@HOTMAIL.COM
and phone # is 937 859 1090. I look forward to participating in the caravan so please let me know when and where to link up.

AL
jim912928
Al, I was nervous to when I made the trek from South Bend to Whitmore Lakes for last years MWC. It was my cars maiden voyage after sitting in a desert outside for 6 years then about 8 mos of my restoration. Mine was totally apart and put back together (by me which makes it even more scarier). I was bleeding the brakes about 30 minutes before Garold (itsa914) swung by to follow me in case something happened. Sean met up with us in Angola. Ask around for those owners around you to caravan up. That way if something does happen you've got a crew to help you out. It's great peace of mind!

By the way...my teener made it back and forth with no issues. Then I drove it another 500 miles going back and forth to the FFC (Fall Foilage Classic) in southern indiana.

It was a blast!

Jim
jfort
I can't wait to see everyone there again this year.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (jfort @ Mar 15 2005, 04:34 PM)
I can't wait to see everyone there again this year.

agree.gif
Steve Thacker
Al,
I'll be giving you a call probably a week or two before the show. We can link up somewhere in yellowsprings to look things over and make sure neither one of us have missed something. This also will give us both a little distance from home to listen to all the noises coming from the cars. If something is a miss we can get it squared away. The morning of the show we can get with Dan "xboost" who is coming up from Cinci. Brad Shisler and his cherry car will probably be caravaning also here from Cow-lumbus. I'll have to send him a email to see. Trust me, I'm a bit nervous also. The previous owner's son had the engine and tranny rebuilt. The FI had a problem after roughly a 1000 mile break in and he just let it sit outside for nine flipping years! I did not rebuild the engine. I PB blasted the cylinders and let it sit for a week. I did this again. I turned it over by hand for roughly an hour. Then I drained out all the oil, flushed the engine then refilled. Replaced all the hoses, injectors, yadda, yadda, yadda and this puppy runs awesome.
BarberDave is 100% correct, these are tough little cars. Try doing that with a Detroit iron engine, it would be a 600 lb paper weight after setting outside nine years.

So relax take a deep breath and all will be good to go. If you need help send me a email and I'll cruise out to D-town to your place. We can go over your car and look for potential issues. This might give you a warm fuzzy to plant your butt in the seat for the trip.

Me, I'm fearless or stupid one. Damn the torpedos full steam ahead!
If she breaks "AAA roadside assistance how may we help you" laugh.gif
bbrown
My red 914 next to the LE.
Steve Thacker
Welcome bbrown to the 914club site smilie_pokal.gif

Another Ohio teener owner Dave! Get him on your mailing list.
dralf
ohmy.gif
This BBROWN would not by chance be Ben Brown of Miami University class of 1974 ?
Hawk
See web page for updates that include:

JUDGES'S SCORECARD
SPONSORS
HISTORY OF 914
MARKET VALUATIONS
LATEST SMOG DRIVING CALENDAR

http://www.Porsche914MidWestClassic.com
The largest judged, concours event of 914s in the U.S.A. smilie_pokal.gif
Nickm1
Hey guys, I just found this place. I have a 75 914 I just bought from a friend not too long ago. I signed up for this event today also. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Hawk
Likewise, Nick. Looking forward to seeing you at our other event rides too. See the website for those. Send me a beautiful pic of your car (after today's snow melts) and year, color, VIN and I will add you to the SMOG gallery page.
-Richard
marks914
QUOTE (Nickm1 @ Apr 23 2005, 09:48 AM)
Hey guys, I just found this place. I have a 75 914 I just bought from a friend not too long ago. I signed up for this event today also. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Hey Nick,
Im in Ferndale, we should hook up sometime. I have the cybergreen 72 V8, you may have seen it around.

Mark
Nickm1
shoot me an email at nickm1@wideopenwest.com. I have a few pictures of my car here. http://photos.yahoo.com/nicksws6
Steve Thacker
Dralf,

How is your car coming along?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.