Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you want from your 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Ray Warren
I have what I want out of my car.
It's just a toy for me. Something to tinker with
and drive on nice sunny days.
Aaron Cox
i see my car becoming a strictly weekend car.

i need a stocker with BIG stock tires biggrin.gif and no sways..and a 1.7..... to show me my cars humble roots biggrin.gif
redshift
You need to suprise me with a new silver 74!

M
bare 1
At this point I would just like to be able to drive it. I have a 72 1.7 that is stock to the best of my knowledge. Just bought it a few months ago. It is in very good shape as the PO had it for 16 yrs, kept it garaged and maintaned. But it has some issues, mostly due to its age. Tie rod, rear wheel bearing. nothing serious. I want to replace all the suspension bushings,go through the shift linkage and call it good for the time being.
Probably look at some sort of ignition upgrade and lose the oil bath air cleaner for something that breathes better. I want to be able to take this car on long trips at 70 to 85 all day for days . What ever that takes with out getting to crazy or expensive. Around where I live I'm happy to not have to slow down for the corners,as there are a few!!
Low buck, reliable,fun ride!! Nothing special. A teener is special enough. driving.gif
Trekkor
Oh, and did I tell you, I want to finish in the top ten in every a/x I enter... unsure.gif

KT
Maltese Falcon
This black one will be finally getting its brakes finished up this month...and it's done. It's got light weight, good power , and excellent handling.
Then I'm going to start the next one , a '73 or '74 2.0 for P-O-C 914 cup class. It will be a Father & Son project for the next generation of G-force junkies !
Marty
Ctrout
I guess I want all the comfort, performance, and handling of a Boxster S in a fully restored 914. 190HP would be nice but I would settle for 150, I'll be lucky to ever see more that stock. I'm happy with the handling for now. Bottom line, I want a full resto with a nice interior, and a 190 HP Raby motor with fuel injection. After I had all that I would of course want better brakes and a sway bar. Somebody stop me!!!
poordreamer
Well, when I find a 914 , I would like one that has decent power 165hp, great handling, and the ability to beat up on the stock imports.
guywan914
When finished mine will be weekend cruiser and ax car Keeping car fairly close to stock. Any modes should be able to be unbolted. Staying with the 4, massaged by Jake to 2300 exhaust by Tangerine Super Header. The only upgrade that can't be unbolted is the Restoration Design outer long kit crafted /welded on by Chris Foley. Car is still on the rotisserie in the garage untill the back is well enough to actually work on it. [soon, please]. Maybe by the end of the summer it will be at least a roller again.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 21 2005, 08:46 PM)
You need to suprise me with a new silver 74!

M

Like this Miles?
You'll have to sell some guitars to get one from me though. biggrin.gif
dheinz
My car is pretty close to the way it should be. Good looking and a DE sleeper. wink.gif The front and rear spoilers will be added soon and I'm hoping that will increase stability at 130mph. I'm changing from 205/16 sevens all around to 225/16 seven in the front and 245/16 nines in the rear. It's a great feeling to be very competitve with 911 turbos.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (dheinz @ Mar 6 2005, 02:27 PM)
My car is pretty close to the way it should be....

curious about your VIN, tho -- is is really 914042xxxx ?
shouldn't that be 043 ?
dheinz
Rich,
You are right. The VIN# is 91404319xx. rolleyes.gif
tat2dphreak
a street cruiser for the weekends and nice days... something my wife and I can just cruise the vista in!! smile.gif
xsboost90
im hoping i can have a car that i keep upgrading. Usually i get a car, fix it up, then im done and i sell it and move on. Hopefully i can keep getting better and better and not get burnt out. Im doing alot of work now to make it nice, but if i really like it , itll most likely get redone in five years or so when i have a house, garage etc. of my own. Then itll get done completely right. W/ maybe a six or ??? Right now itll be my show/autox car that is fun to drive when its nice.
nebreitling
eventually, i want to make out of mine a 1700#, 150hp /4, street/AX car. light DE/TT duty. I really want a clean, super-light car with a spartan but very well-covered interior -- no stereo, no speakers, no creature comforts. i want a car that still looks retro and historic, but which is all about the art of DRIVING, and that's it. slightly pulled fenders for some 215's -- gotta keep the narrow-fendered look. basically, the driving equivalent of a 70's-version 550.

don't want to race a 914 -- rather get a spec-miata or sim. for big track duty.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 6 2005, 03:35 PM)
eventually, i want to make out of mine a 1700#, 150hp /4, street/AX car. light DE/TT duty. I really want a clean, super-light car with a spartan but very well-covered interior -- no stereo, no speakers, no creature comforts. i want a car that still looks retro and historic, but which is all about the art of DRIVING, and that's it. slightly pulled fenders for some 215's -- gotta keep the narrow-fendered look. basically, the driving equivalent of a 70's-version 550.

don't want to race a 914 -- rather get a spec-miata or sim. for big track duty.

Nathan,

I think you and I are on the same path here.

nebreitling
a poor man's 550 spyder!! lol

i may buy/build a replica 550 one day, but i really do like the 70's design, the targa top, etc.

the thing is, it's got to be nicely done, clean, VERY SIMPLE, and at least token-istically period correct. but i'm already on the right path...

I really respect what 914RS is doing. looks like the ultimate /6 street car, totally custom -- the way HE wants it.
jwalters
biggrin.gif Mine is going to be a stout sleeper--and daily driven--

No track duty at all--but I live in Miami--so every day is track day around here-- driving.gif

Killer stereo--killer interior--well upgraded sus and brakes--and everything is new or refurbished by myself--so I know what it is and what it is all about and when in the next 30 years what I will NEED to replace-- sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif

Paint is not good--I don't paint--but I did this one---it is not bad, but not great--just right for the unknowing,, for knocking out the rice burner next to me stop light to stop light.. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
I'm looking to build a classic street restoration, with a ton of detail. I want it to be a 914 trophy car... but you won't see me at a concours,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.