Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Wishes to Cap'n Krusty!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
davep
Get well soon, John. You are certainly a part of the foundation of this site.
Mark Henry
Get well soon Krusty.

I'm about to install heads without gaskets and just bought a set of pilot lights....
Krieger
sad.gif Prayers for you
KENNY
Get well soon Krusty
914-300Hemi
Get well soon John.
bandjoey
If there's an address I'd like to mail him an old oil filter or something to remind him we're think of him
driving.gif
914bub
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 23 2015, 04:32 PM) *

If there's an address I'd like to mail him an old oil filter or something to remind him we're think of him
driving.gif

Mail him an old oil filter,......... inquiring about a new O ring!

Thoughts and prayers your way Cap'n. I've never met you but your a real asset to this site.
Valy
Get well dear Cap'n.
krazykonrad
Thoughts and prayers Cap'n. We're all pulling for you.

Konrad
andys
Get well ASAP!

Andys
Eric_Shea
He spoke with me at the show in Anaheim. I will tell you this... there's nothing Cursty about the Capt'n. He's an amazing human with a heart of gold.

I'm not a religious person but I think about him often and offer my well wishes knowing that he will get them. You should too...
mgp4591
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ May 21 2015, 09:40 PM) *

Damn!! This SUCKs!! Get well Cap'n. You're in my thoughts and prayers. . .

I can't tell you all how much it meant to me to have him, a guy I had never met in person, to travel all the way to Bonneville this past season to cheer me on. Crusty is one heck of a guy (and not nearly as crusty as most think).

I went out to the Flats to see the Squarche run and meet the guys, missed the Cap'n by one day... I'look forward to seeing more of his wisdom and wisecracks on site soon- Get well soon!
bcheney
Praying for you Cap'n...keep the faith and all will be well...
worn
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 24 2015, 01:34 PM) *

He spoke with me at the show in Anaheim. I will tell you this... there's nothing Cursty about the Capt'n. He's an amazing human with a heart of gold.

I'm not a religious person but I think about him often and offer my well wishes knowing that he will get them. You should too...

Well, I am religious and I want more Krusty. But I just don know whadda do. Seems like a sort of honor that a few missing posts brings notice from the whole board. A well and truly deserved one, and a tribute to the wisdom of those missing posts. Have seen enough taken away, with nothing so Krusty in sight to make up for it.

Come on back hale and well.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 24 2015, 02:39 PM) *

I can't tell you all how much it meant to me to have him, a guy I had never met in person, to travel all the way to Bonneville this past season to cheer me on. Crusty is one heck of a guy (and not nearly as crusty as most think).

I went out to the Flats to see the Squarche run and meet the guys, missed the Cap'n by one day... I'look forward to seeing more of his wisdom and wisecracks on site soon- Get well soon!

Yes, Cap'n was not the only guy from here I had the privilege to meet there. It meant a lot to meet you too and have you come all the way from SLC. I still can't believe you rode your chromed out Harley through all that salt water (about 1.5 miles worth) just to see my beater and show your support. beerchug.gif

I'm definitely buying the first round this year!! beerchug.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ May 26 2015, 06:52 PM) *

Yes, Cap'n was not the only guy from here I had the privilege to meet there. It meant a lot to meet you too and have you come all the way from SLC. I still can't believe you rode your chromed out Harley through all that salt water (about 1.5 miles worth) just to see my beater and show your support. beerchug.gif

So you're doing it again this year? I'll be there and hope to meet the good Cap'n this year!
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 26 2015, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ May 26 2015, 06:52 PM) *

So you're doing it again this year? I'll be there and hope to meet the good Cap'n this year!

Oh Yeah!!! All it took was that one time and I'm on a high sodium diet for the foreseeable future. biggrin.gif I just hope the weather allows again for it. I hope to see you both again. Now that I know what to expect, I'm hoping to bring the VW Challenge type3 record to a more respectable level.

Get well Cap'n!!
r_towle
Does anyone talk to him and is there anything we can send or do?

Rich
76-914
What Rich said.
Heeltoe914
The team from WCR 2015 wonted to send a big thanks for his Donation to our event. The Classic cartoon artwork was a big hit and it was truly a part of his character.
Get well soon buddy.

If anyone would take the lead? We from WCR 2015 have a Thank You bag that we would like very much to get over to John. PM me his Address or yours so we can mail it out or hand drop off to anyone that is in touch with John. ( everybody's Friend )
ThePaintedMan
Again, as I stated, his wife specifically mentioned keeping things pretty private. But I will call again today and ask if we can send a collective 914World and WCR basket or something.
worn
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ May 28 2015, 05:55 AM) *

Again, as I stated, his wife specifically mentioned keeping things pretty private. But I will call again today and ask if we can send a collective 914World and WCR basket or something.

Thanks George,

I still find this odd, but I feel a very personal friendship to so many on this faceless computer interface. So many are so generous, and even at its worst it is civil. And the Cap'n, from his perfect avatar to the sage advice, to his own generosity typifies this friendship. Never "met" him, but I really care. Perhaps it is difficult for those not connected with this world to understand this. I have lost some friends here and it is no less real than had is seen them across a room. So memo to the Cap'n - get better!! I lost my father (named George) last month, and I am not ready for any more of that sort of event.

Warren
SirAndy
QUOTE(worn @ May 28 2015, 07:43 AM) *
I still find this odd

Many people want to be remembered the way they were for most of their life, not the way they appear when they're close to death.

I can understand that sentiment ...
sad.gif
montoya 73 2.0
same here Sir Andy.

I want to be remembered fat and happy, not skinny and semi-happy!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 28 2015, 12:35 PM) *

I still find this odd

Many people want to be remembered the way they were for most of their life, not the way they appear when they're close to death.

sad.gif

Damn.... sad.gif
That statement about says it all ...not good news at all, real sorry to hear this.
914_teener
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 28 2015, 09:35 AM) *

I still find this odd

sad.gif

agree.gif

Andy is spot on.

Right now is time for him and his immediate family.

My thoughts are this:

Respect each other in every way....somehow. Hopefully we will all find some Grace in it all.

Even here.
somd914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ May 28 2015, 08:55 AM) *

I agree with George - He was very adamant to me about keeping this issue private. Though many members/friends are concerned, these are his wishes. Let's tread lightly here and respect Krusty.
wes
agree.gif
worn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 28 2015, 09:35 AM) *

I still find this odd

sad.gif

I still find it odd that I am very attached to our resident German even though I haven't met him. That was what I meant. No aspersions cast on anyone but myself.

I had no meaning to pry and I fully understand how people die - having just gone through another hospital vigil. No, what I was saying was this group including and especially the Cap'n have become dear to me. And being older, I still find computer based relationships a bit, well if not odd, at least foreign to my normal way of thinking. I find that when someone I never met gets sick, I still feel for them.

I even like you guys when you bash me because you didn't get the gist of my post.
BeatNavy
I don't want to get all maudlin or anything. I avoid it and I'm not very good at it anyway. But in the relatively short time I've been part of the 914 "community" I've benefited from Krusty's generous help many times, both directly in answer to my stupid questions and indirectly from others who he has helped (and who have in turn helped me). Since my 914 hobby is one of the few things that keep me sane after my otherwise mind-numbing job, it means a lot to me. Also he's sold me a few NOS parts smile.gif

Random question: anyone have a picture of Krusty they can share (assuming he wouldn't object or that it's not appropriate)? I mean, I love his avatar, but I'd like to keep a "real" mental vision of a guy in my thoughts and prayers if possible (rather than a Simpsons character). If that's not cool, no worries. Just never seen him.
bigkensteele
EDIT: changed the title and description now that the original question has been answered.

He and his family continue to be in my prayers.
somd914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 28 2015, 08:36 PM) *

EDIT: changed the title and description now that the original question has been answered.

He and his family continue to be in my prayers.

Very well stated.
lonewolfe
Cap'n Krsusty is well loved on this site and I'm sure many other places as well. He has offered me some sage advise on several occasions and it appears nearly everyone else on this site can say the same. The Cap'n has been terribly generous with his knowledge and humor and love of this little online community. We are all pulling for you Cap'n and hoping for you to have the best outcome possible in your time of despair. If there is anything we can do for you or your family, don't hesitate to let us know because I'm sure everyone here would like to help if given the chance. We are all your extended family and we want you to return soon!

Mblizzard
I have benefited immensely from his advice and guidance. I brought some parts from him once and it cost more to ship than he charged me. He shipped it anyway not knowing if he would ever see that money. Not a huge thing but really speaks to the character he has. When I found out about the cost I was amazed at his approach and knew I had to make sure he got his money.

Never met the man but he is a true gentleman and I have an immense respect for the man and all he has done for me and this community. I would be very willing to help in any way if it turns out there is something we can do.
mepstein
John - all the best to you. Mark
rjames
Hopefully he and his family know that there's a whole community of 914 goofballs that are thinking of him, are thankful for him, and that he will live on indefinitely in our thoughts going forward.
Mueller

Best wishes to John and Lin(?) , I've had the pleasure to meet him a few times and enjoy a few beers with him...was bummed out that he was not going to be at our last WCR, but it is totally understandable why!

SLITS
There are special people ... John is one of them. I have had the pleasure of having "discussions" with him.
ndfrigi
Hi John, your name is been on my daily prayer list since the 1st day of this thread. We don't really know what is your situation right now and with your family, but God knows everything and we just pray that God will bless you and your family what you are praying for! Take care always and God bless!
StratPlayer
Get well soon Cap'n beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Any update on John?
914outlaw
Get well Cap'n.
Big Len
The Cap't is back.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 23 2015, 02:49 PM) *

The Cap't is back.

Awesome! Was afraid to work on my car. John you may not know many of us but most of us are extremely great ful for your guidance. If we can repay you or help in anyway let us know.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 23 2015, 04:49 PM) *

The Cap't is back.

Len, I think you saw a post from 2008.
lonewolfe
Hey Cap'n!

I've kept you and your family in my prayers and I hope for the best outcome possible. If you've seen this thread then you'll notice that you've been deeply missed by so many!

We're all pulling for your buddy!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jun 23 2015, 04:05 PM) *

The Cap't is back.

agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 23 2015, 04:34 PM) *

The Cap't is back.

agree.gif

agree.gif sad.gif
Big Len
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 23 2015, 07:51 PM) *

The Cap't is back.

agree.gif

agree.gif sad.gif

Aw shit, you're right. Damn.
Millerwelds
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 23 2015, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 23 2015, 07:51 PM) *

The Cap't is back.

agree.gif

agree.gif sad.gif

Aw shit, you're right. Damn.

It's ok. Let that breath of hope and gratitude go into your well wishes! Prayers go out and now they are even more invigorated. Here's to you cap't. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.