Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Sportomatic for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 25 2015, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(pete000 @ May 25 2015, 10:20 PM) *

I know some one who has a Sporto oil tank. They were different than the regular six oil tanks. I heard Aase Brothers bought a bunch from the factory that were dead inventory way back when.

My first 6 conversion in 1977 utilized the Sporto oil tank, it was the only tank that the dealer could source back then. This is the 2.7 turbo narrow body '74 photographed at the front entrance to CBS Television City, L.A. 1977.
The sportomatic tank required 2 metric male-end plugs to cap off the 2 extra oil tank pipes. I still use this same oil tank on my (wide body) 914 today driving.gif
MartyClick to view attachment

Good info and great photo...skinny-fender 2.7 turbo. Sounds like something I'd like to turn my skinny-fender /6 conversion with a 2.7 into biggrin.gif
thieuster
QUOTE(914Next @ May 26 2015, 02:53 PM) *

Agree. Sounds a bit high for a disassembled -6 but given it's rarity it's not far off at all in my view. Would love to consider it but I'd need to have it restored by someone else since I have no skills!

Well... disassembled isn't always a disadvantage... That way you're able to see what you're buying! Especially the hidden parts are better accessable.

Menno
raceforfun
took a photo of the VIN today for you guys.

Car is still available for fast delivery.

The best regards,

raceforfun
This is a very special letter from Porsche that i have with the car.

Its a paperwork from Porsche that identifys the specific car owned by Urban Knutsson

"Dear Mr. Knutsson,

Thank you very much for your letter of October 10.
Referring to the latter and to our phone call of
October 9, we herewith inform you that of the type
914/6 Sportomatic we built a total of five cars for
experimental purposes.

Your car, which is a really rare one, was exported
to Sweden in February 1971.

In the hope of thus having been of some assistance
to you, we remain,

Sincerly,

Dr. Ing. h.c.F.Porsche
Aktiengesellschaft
Public Relations - Sports
i.V.

Jürgen Barth"
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 25 2015, 09:36 PM) *

Heh, I should have remembered that thread...

QUOTE(pete000 @ May 25 2015, 10:20 PM) *
I heard Aase Brothers bought a bunch from the factory that were dead inventory way back when.

A whole lot of the Aase parts were bought by Parts Obsolete when Aase closed down. Not sure where the 914 stuff went after that, I think George bought a bunch of them?

--DD
Niklas
It have not been in traffic for 34 years.
raceforfun
PRICE REDUCTION!

i need the car removed ASAP for new project!

[u] 400 000 SEK OR BID

Best regards,

raceforfun
QUOTE(raceforfun @ May 26 2015, 11:54 AM) *

PRICE REDUCTION!

[b] i need the car removed ASAP for new project!

[b] 400 000 SEK OR BID

Best regards,

JeffBowlsby
This sounds more and more like a scam.

1. "Selling for a friend" means you do not own this car and you have not shown any proof that you have authority to sell it.

2. You ask an outrageous price for a basket case project that is likely not complete or at least not accurately represented.

3. You have repeatedly been impatient to sell this high priced item - most USA 914 buyers do not have that amount of money to eagerly spend without careful evaluation...why not find a European buyer?

4. The photos and information posted, do not show much detail of the car to make a complete assessment of what is being offered or substantiate your credibility as a seller.

5. Now the price is dropped 20% in an apparent fire sale, just 2 days after it was first posted.

This smells like its too good to be true, and it probably is.
raceforfun
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 26 2015, 12:18 PM) *

1. "Selling for a friend" means you do not own this car and you have not shown any proof that you have authority to sell it.

2. You ask an outrageous price for a basket case project that is likely not complete or at least not accurately represented.

3. You have repeatedly been in a hurry to sell this high priced item - most USA 914 buyers do not have that amount of money to eagerly spend...why not find a European buyer?

4. The photos and information posted, do not show much detail of the car to make a complete assessment of what is being offered or substantiate your credibility as a seller.

5. Now the price is dropped 20% in an apparent fire sale

my dear fellow..

before you acually try to trash talk people over the internet please provide more information...

It's one of my good friends selling the car yes but i'm helping him selling it, i posted it at this forum since perhaps someone here would enjoy buying this rare 914-6 and restore it. but with your response i'm now considering removing the add.

I think alot of people dont give a damn about what you think of the price...The car is working 100% its just stripped down and everything is put in big crates and boxes becuse it was suppose to be repainted. i dont know what more i have to say about that to you. we drove it into the workshop before stripping it down.

also yes he needs it gone fast since he has bought another car and does not have the space to keep the car.

Yes the price has dropped becuse he is getting another car within 2 weeks, do i have you tell you what car that is to make you beleave me as well??

and finally sir,

I have over 250 photos of the car with full documentation and interior pictures coming tomorrow.

I do NOT like to be called a SCAMMER!

Gustl
by any chance, would you tell me the tranny number?

it should be very close to 761 0020 with tranny type 914/05

914Next
Why am I so intrigued by this? if it's real and all there, who is the best person in the states to do a restoration on this car? What would be the realistic cost to restore? I know…need more pics.

Steve
raceforfun
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 26 2015, 01:17 PM) *

by any chance, would you tell me the tranny number?

it should be very close to 761 0020 with tranny type 914/05

Hello Gustl,

i have made up an album with some pictures, tomorrow i will post interior pictures from the interior that is taken out of the car.

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/9146

I have to get a picture tomorrow for the tranny number Gustl, got these pictures from the owner of the car today.

The Owner and me are not the best people on 914s so it might sound like i'm abit off ha ha :-)

Best regards,
raceforfun
QUOTE(914Next @ May 26 2015, 01:23 PM) *

Why am I so intrigued by this? if it's real and all there, who is the best person in the states to do a restoration on this car? What would be the realistic cost to restore? I know…need more pics.

Steve

you have a PM with alot of pictures and more to come tomorrow :-)

Best regards,
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(raceforfun @ May 26 2015, 02:32 PM) *

Hello Gustl,

i have made up an album with some pictures, tomorrow i will post interior pictures from the interior that is taken out of the car.

https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/9146

I have to get a picture tomorrow for the tranny number Gustl, got these pictures from the owner of the car today.

The Owner and me are not the best people on 914s so it might sound like i'm abit off ha ha :-)

Best regards,

This link does not work for me. sad.gif
Chris914n6
Tell me about the trailer. I don't think I've seen one like that in the US. I might have to make one idea.gif
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 26 2015, 03:18 PM) *

3. You have repeatedly been impatient to sell this high priced item - most USA 914 buyers do not have that amount of money to eagerly spend without careful evaluation...why not find a European buyer?

5. Now the price is dropped 20% in an apparent fire sale, just 2 days after it was first posted.

agree.gif

got no dog in the hunt probably never will
hope it's legit and gets restored proper but this has my spidey sense tingling
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(raceforfun @ May 26 2015, 01:46 PM) *

3. You have repeatedly been in a hurry to sell this high priced item - most USA 914 buyers do not have that amount of money to eagerly spend...why not find a European buyer?

my dear fellow..

before you acually try to trash talk people over the internet please provide more information...

It's one of my good friends selling the car yes but i'm helping him selling it, i posted it at this forum since perhaps someone here would enjoy buying this rare 914-6 and restore it. but with your response i'm now considering removing the add.

I think alot of people dont give a damn about what you think of the price...The car is working 100% its just stripped down and everything is put in big crates and boxes becuse it was suppose to be repainted. i dont know what more i have to say about that to you. we drove it into the workshop before stripping it down.

also yes he needs it gone fast since he has bought another car and does not have the space to keep the car.

Yes the price has dropped becuse he is getting another car within 2 weeks, do i have you tell you what car that is to make you beleave me as well??

and finally sir,

I have over 250 photos of the car with full documentation and interior pictures coming tomorrow.

Look, no one is trash talking anybody, just the stating the facts as they appear to be at face value from your posts and responses. Review the posts in this thread to date and see it from our perspective. This is small community and we try not to be gullible.

I have been around here for awhile so my credibility speaks for itself. You have not established yours yet.

You show up here just two days ago with what appears to be a rare 914 asking a large sum for a basket case project car half way around the world from us that you do not even own, and expect a hasty sale without providing significant details. The value of these cars is largely based on condition. Completeness and rarity are other factors.

Can you reasonably expect anyone here to send you big bucks on the limited info presented? To this point you have given only limited information on the condition of the car and its parts. Are all parts present to complete the car 100% and included in the sale? Are they 100% perfect parts or is anything broken, damaged worn out or missing? What is the condition of the drivetrain, exhaust, braking, and electrical systems? The sporto cars have parts that are NLA - what is the status of these parts? What is the exact condition of the chassis - any rust or body work other than painting needed?

You have not responded to the basic question about whether or not you have the authority to sell the car...what arrangements are there for that? Why is the seller not selling it directly? Does the car need to be federalized to bring it to the USA?

Answers to these and more questions, in addition to the photos would help expedite the sale of the car for a fair value and bolster your credibility. Just asking you nicely to be accountable.

raceforfun
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 26 2015, 04:40 PM) *

Tell me about the trailer. I don't think I've seen one like that in the US. I might have to make one idea.gif

Hello Chris,

there is alot of these trailers here in Scandinavia, alot of people use a brand called LÖÖVE, Swedish made full aluminium trailer, very low weight and easy to use.

Best regards,
raceforfun
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 26 2015, 07:25 PM) *

my dear fellow..

and finally sir,

Look, no one is trash talking anybody, just the stating the facts as they appear to be at face value from your posts and responses. Review the posts in this thread to date and see it from our perspective. This is small community and we try not to be gullible.

I have been around here for awhile so my credibility speaks for itself. You have not established yours yet.

You show up here just two days ago with what appears to be a rare 914 asking a large sum for a basket case project car half way around the world from us that you do not even own, and expect a hasty sale without providing significant details. The value of these cars is largely based on condition. Completeness and rarity are other factors.

Can you reasonably expect anyone here to send you big bucks on the limited info presented? To this point you have given only limited information on the condition of the car and its parts. Are all parts present to complete the car 100% and included in the sale? Are they 100% perfect parts or is anything broken, damaged worn out or missing? What is the condition of the drivetrain, exhaust, braking, and electrical systems? The sporto cars have parts that are NLA - what is the status of these parts? What is the exact condition of the chassis - any rust or body work other than painting needed?

You have not responded to the basic question about whether or not you have the authority to sell the car...what arrangements are there for that? Why is the seller not selling it directly? Does the car need to be federalized to bring it to the USA?

Answers to these and more questions, in addition to the photos would help expedite the sale of the car for a fair value and bolster your credibility. Just asking you nicely to be accountable.

Hello Jeff, I understand your concern.

as i said Before, i'm just trying to help my Close friend Selling the car, since he is not good with internet or forums, i'm providing every bit off info i get with you.

i will tell you what i know off the car, the rusty question you can take a look at my link at dropbox to view, i have taken photos of the rusty parts of the car there for everyone to view with their own Eyes. I will try show you and everyone the Gearbox number and also today i will bring out the interior out of the crates and post Pictures of it.

The car is drivable, it was driven into the shop, i would guess a good Engine service would be a good idea becuse its been sitting for a very long time. but Everything works and the interior is in good condition,

the brakes work without problem, also the electricity and gauges Before it was stripped down it all worked.

if the car wont sell he will have to keep it, save up the Money are restore it himself, he already have a price to fix all the rust on the car that includes the battery holder and the oil tank, and repaint the car to get it in good finish and make a complete overhaul.

Best regards.

Chris914n6
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 26 2015, 08:25 PM) *

Does the car need to be federalized to bring it to the USA?

If you can afford to drop $60k on a rare 914 you can afford to hire an agent that has these answers and will handle the transaction at that end.

Second, the only way to ship a car and loose parts across the ocean is in a crate. Again, 3rd party involvement.

I think the price is premium for a restored driver. The rare factor doesn't cover the labor to put it together or do a proper restoration, which this deserves.

This car is also not something that will sell in days at any price point. I think a reality check is in order and I don't say this to offend anyone.

Lastly, thanks for the answers to my trailer question. beerchug.gif
thieuster
Given the asking prices in the US vs the prices in EU, I think that there's only a very, very small chance that this car will cross the ocean.

There's one other Sportomatic for sale in Europe, with a price tag north of 100,000 euros. Unrealisticly priced perhaps? From a US point of view certainly. From a European point of view? Well, I don't know...

Now... take the asking price, add 40,000 euros and you're also above the the 100,000 euro price. But then you have a car that's rebuilt by yourself or under your eyes, so you know what you're get.

My prediction: this car will stay in Europe or will travel to the East, where there's a lot more money to spend.

Menno
raceforfun
Hello everyone here is a Quick update, got Pictures now from the garage with some numbers and interior Pictures and such for you guys.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4ls0sbcwp5olya/...N8LgweoXAa?dl=0

Car is still available,

Best regards,

Oliver
mepstein
Shouldn't this be in the classifieds.
ripper911
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 27 2015, 08:19 AM) *

Shouldn't this be in the classifieds.

dry.gif I wouldn't have seen it.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 26 2015, 06:39 PM) *

I think you may have to sign up for a dropbox account Mike. It's free.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 27 2015, 07:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 26 2015, 06:39 PM) *

I think you may have to sign up for a dropbox account Mike. It's free.

I don't know about you, but any time I have to 'sign up' for something, it's not free. BTW, I was able to access the link without signing up. Just close the box in the upper left corner.
Chris H.
The "basic" 2GB box is free (no, I'm not a dropbox salesperson biggrin.gif ). I can't get in without signing up but maybe my PC settings don't allow it.
r_towle
Oliver,

Please put all the pictures in one place, in one album.
Please post detailed pictures of the condition of the entire body and do not leave out any details regarding the rusty parts underneath...those need to be seen.

We all know what to look for, so please dont hide any of it.

For all the whining...at this price, I would either hop on a plane to do the deal, or send over a trusted third party to do the same for me...

Any car over 25 years old does not need to be federalized upon arrival, just upon registration, at least that is my understanding.

I would agree that selling this in Europe will be much faster and easier.

Oliver, answer every single question Gustl has....he knows all the cars in Europe, and if he is convinced of the provenance of the car, he may be helpful to you as you locate a valid buyer.

Post the pics...cant even bother considering it without those pictures.

Rich
andys
I have a Dropbox account. The link shows "Folder Empty" Anyone else get something different?

Andys
Kansas 914
QUOTE(andys @ May 27 2015, 09:29 AM) *

I have a Dropbox account. The link shows "Folder Empty" Anyone else get something different?

Andys

I see the same thing (Empty). It is very easy to move items from the folder instead of copy the files. Probably what happened. Did someone archive them somewhere?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 27 2015, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(andys @ May 27 2015, 09:29 AM) *

Andys

I see the same thing (Empty). It is very easy to move items from the folder instead of copy the files. Probably what happened. Did someone archive them somewhere?

Can't see them either. confused24.gif I have an account.
Cairo94507
I looked at the file this morning, early, like 0500. There was maybe 25 pictures of a lot of parts in boxes, interior parts, suspension, dash, etc. Just checked it now and it shows "empty".
raceforfun
Hello everyone!!

i kinda deleted it all and now posted everything back on again ha ha..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zfn3il82f6h6bfi/...XBu1C_tAoa?dl=0

i hope everyone can see these pictures now ?

Best regards,
SirAndy
QUOTE(raceforfun @ May 27 2015, 09:46 AM) *
i hope everyone can see these pictures now ?

Works for me. Just close the "Sign Up" popup window (Big X in the upper right corner) and you can get to the pictures.
smile.gif
raceforfun
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 27 2015, 07:06 AM) *

Oliver,

Please put all the pictures in one place, in one album.
Please post detailed pictures of the condition of the entire body and do not leave out any details regarding the rusty parts underneath...those need to be seen.

We all know what to look for, so please dont hide any of it.

For all the whining...at this price, I would either hop on a plane to do the deal, or send over a trusted third party to do the same for me...

Any car over 25 years old does not need to be federalized upon arrival, just upon registration, at least that is my understanding.

I would agree that selling this in Europe will be much faster and easier.

Oliver, answer every single question Gustl has....he knows all the cars in Europe, and if he is convinced of the provenance of the car, he may be helpful to you as you locate a valid buyer.

Post the pics...cant even bother considering it without those pictures.

Rich

Hello Rich,

i hope these pictures tells you everything you and the people in here wanted to know, really got a camera on anything i could and all the rust.

Best regards,

r_towle
sadly the key area of rust have been left out of these pictures.

Let me be VERY specific...

Lower passenger side of the car, just behind the door, the bottom area is named the longitudinal....that area underneath the battery area.

Take pictures from outside, down low, aiming right at it from the side.
Take pictures of the jack post.
Take pictures underneath the rear suspension on that side specifically where it attaches to the unibody at the front of the trailing arm, not the rear...

Get under the car and take pictures from below of that area.

Now stand up and start at the battery tray (I saw one picture that does not show the problem area)

take pictures all the way down into that corner.

If you have questions, please copy and past this into the search window here.

+hell +hole

Just like I typed it.

Please post clear, high resolution, pictures of both sides of the car, specifically to the area I described above.

I can only see 25 pictures, none of which interest me until I see the pictures above.
After that, the rest of the pictures are worth reviewing....but only if the car is not totally rusted out in those places.

rich
Gustl
could you please take a photo like this one - of the transmission number

this one is at the bottom of the transmission

Click to view attachment

thank you in advance beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
This is a terrific car if everything checks out and it seems it is going in that direction.

I do not believe I have ever seen one of our cars rust out where the oil tank goes like this one has. That side appears worse than the typically bad battery box/hell hole.

Regardless, this car has a heritage which makes it worth restoring and it should be a concours restoration. I wish this car would come to the USA and stay here. While I am dreaming, I hope whomever ends up with it, documents the complete restoration on this site for all of us to enjoy. GLWTS.
naro914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 26 2015, 11:25 PM) *

my dear fellow..

and finally sir,

Jeff
sorry, I think you're being a bit harsh on this guy. Go back and read YOUR post, you are absolutely trashing him. Every post is antagonistic. To be honest, I was a bit shocked at your post about this being a scam. Yes, you have a lot of credibility on this board, more than most, which is exactly why you should not post things like that without verified proof. Your opinion DOES matter and could very well hurt a very legitimate offer to sell a very rare vehicle.

Remember this is 914WORLD, not 914USA. People all over the world see these listings, so no, he is probably not expecting someone from the US to just drop a chunk of change site unseen. Maybe people in Europe will see it (as a few have posted). Maybe he's posted this on a dozen different sites and 914world is just one of them...???

Heck...how many people here in the US have sold cars to people in Europe with a few pictures, a couple emails, and a wire transfer? I've sold 4, all of which transpired within a couple days of my original post or listing, and were completed with nowhere near the 3rd degree everyone here is asking of this guy.

Do scams happen? Sure, every day. But he has already posted more information than most others ever dream of. The letters alone are worth a small fortune. If you think the price is too high, that's your opinion. The market will bear what the market will bear.

I'll get off my soapbox now. And no, lets not turn this into an argument thread. The guy potentially has one of the rarest 914's around for sale. If someone is going to drop that kind of coin, I'm sure they are not stupid enough to do it without some sort of due diligence. In private. As it should be...
SixerJ
I agree with Cairo, looks increasingly likely that this is checking out as the genuine article. Even looking at the limited pictures of the battery tray etc. Rust has definitely not been sleeping with this one unfortunately.

Hate to disagree, but I hope she stays in Europe, if I hadn't already got a project six I would be seriously considering this car

Good luck with the sale and will probably be kicking myself in a few years time
Heeltoe914
The link is working for me Picture look very legit. FYI the seller may have no idea of the rust areas on a 914? If your not a 914 NUT like us its just a old car. Asking for pictures of or showing him what to take pictures of like someone did of the transmission number might get this car a US buyer. 30K offer plus 3000 ship and inspection Not bad. if put together right I would say a 90k car. IMHO
raceforfun
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 27 2015, 11:41 AM) *

could you please take a photo like this one - of the transmission number

this one is at the bottom of the transmission

Click to view attachment

thank you in advance beerchug.gif

Hello Gustl!

i will try do this tomorrow or get someone to take a photo of this!

Best regards,

raceforfun
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 27 2015, 11:28 AM) *

sadly the key area of rust have been left out of these pictures.

Let me be VERY specific...

Lower passenger side of the car, just behind the door, the bottom area is named the longitudinal....that area underneath the battery area.

Take pictures from outside, down low, aiming right at it from the side.
Take pictures of the jack post.
Take pictures underneath the rear suspension on that side specifically where it attaches to the unibody at the front of the trailing arm, not the rear...

Get under the car and take pictures from below of that area.

Now stand up and start at the battery tray (I saw one picture that does not show the problem area)

take pictures all the way down into that corner.

If you have questions, please copy and past this into the search window here.

+hell +hole

Just like I typed it.

Please post clear, high resolution, pictures of both sides of the car, specifically to the area I described above.

I can only see 25 pictures, none of which interest me until I see the pictures above.
After that, the rest of the pictures are worth reviewing....but only if the car is not totally rusted out in those places.

rich

Hello Rich,

i will see what i can do tomorrow i wont be enable to be at the garage but i will be very specific with what type of photos i want.

best regards,

JeffBowlsby
PM I received:

"Hello!

My name is Niklas.
I know more about the car the Sportomatic.
The seller (not Oliver ) is a cardealer.

The car is not drivable.
It have not been driven for maybe 35 years what i understand.

I will look at the car live tomorrow.
It is in shop 20 km from my house.
Oliver do not know that but the seller Ola know that.

For 6 years ago the car was for sale for 10000 Euro.

I will update tomorrow if you like to know.

Regardes

Niklas Ekström
Porsche klubb Sverige
914 register responsible"
Cairo94507
Outstanding! I would give 10K Euros plus shipping all day long for that car.
raceforfun
Hello everyone!

within 2 hours i will post a Picture of the tranny nummer!

Best regards,

Mueller
We have to remember that the price listed is the asking price...

Who knows, someone could be really serious and show up with a cash offer and walk(drive) away with the car for much less? Most people when selling a vehicle aim high and expect less so no harm in asking a higher price.

My biggest concern with vehicles like this is it disappearing forever or for decades when it is put in a garage and forgotten about due to the owner not being able or willing to restore it. We often hear of someone passing away and later on a valuable or rare car or collection is found.

The biggest fear here is what if the owner passes and the family or whomever gets control of the car has no idea what it is and lets it waste away or sells as scrap?

For some odd reason, I would rather have this Sportomatic instead of a 914 GT with the M471 package.
raceforfun
here comes the transmission number! it was hell getting a clear view on it..

Gustl, i hope this makes you happy! beerchug.gif

Best regards,
Johny Blackstain
I flipped the image so it could be read-
"914/7610023"

Has anyone ever driven a sportomatic & if so, can they describe how to?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.