Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Sportomatic for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
raceforfun
Hello Everyone,

I'm making this post for a friend who is selling his 914-6 Sportomatic

its a restoration object right now and he don't have the spare time to restore it to its original mint condition condition, it has Matching numbers and its all original.

for Further serious inquries please PM me and i will get back to you.

Best Regards,

thieuster
Wow, a Sportmatic = hen's teeth. Please be so kind to post some pics of the car! Especially some sportmatic details. I'm sure that a few pics will attract a lot interest and it makes asking questions a lot easier (pics say more than words!).

Finally, you tell us that you're in Europe. So am I. Without revealing the car's exact location: can you be more specific about the car's whereabouts? Country and or region.

Menno
Kansas 914
QUOTE(thieuster @ May 24 2015, 05:47 AM) *

Wow, a Sportmatic = hen's teeth. Please be so kind to post some pics of the car! Especially some sportmatic details. I'm sure that a few pics will attract a lot interest and it makes asking questions a lot easier (pics say more than words!).

Finally, you tell us that you're in Europe. So am I. Without revealing the car's exact location: can you be more specific about the car's whereabouts? Country and or region.

Menno

popcorn[1].gif
EdwardBlume
agree.gif
popcorn[1].gif
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif w00t.gif
Mueller
Wife and I saw a 914-6 Sportmatic at the 914 International meet in Deauville, France many years ago.

I think it was blue, trying to find my pictures...this was back in 2003.
bandjoey
The there are 914 interested buyers here, 114 serious buyers here, and 14 really really serious buyers here. More info will get you in contact with the real buyer. Can't wait to see it. piratenanner.gif and the selling price is?

welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Maltese Falcon
welcome.png
You might want to have the Admin. move this to the Classified /For sale section idea.gif
PM sent to you
porbmw
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 24 2015, 08:07 AM) *

The there are 914 interested buyers here, 114 serious buyers here, and 14 really really serious buyers here. More info will get you in contact with the real buyer. Can't wait to see it. piratenanner.gif and the selling price is?

welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

And 1 sceptic.......

With a dash of optimism welcome.png
Perry Kiehl Clone
FWIW, I have an NOS 914-6 Sporto engine harness
raceforfun
Hello everyone, thanks for the response,

The car is located in Scandinavia 50km from Copenhagen. Its Silver and suposed to be the only car delivered new in the color Silver, also its sold new in Sweden and was in traffic first in 1971-03-25 in Sweden.

Matching number car with very much documentation.

The car has been repainted somewhere in the 80s of what we know, other then that its 100% original, engine/gearbox is matching numbers and panels are original as well.

The car as you see on the pictures are now supposed to be restored into mint condition the car is stripped down ready for repaint with all parts stored in great condition.
Also the interior is taken out and is well stored and is in good condition!

the only rust on the car is the battery holder and the oil tank, other then that totally rust free.

The car has stood at same place for around 12 years now, and it runs perfectly.

its a very good restoration object.

the car will come at a fairly low price considering its a abit of a restore object. for serious inquries please PM me.

Best regards,
raceforfun
picture from the rear.

Regards,
Gustl
cool sunglasses.gif

I have an old sales ad of this car (DPU 188) aktion035.gif
SirAndy
This car, 914.143.0156?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;viewid=11550
idea.gif
raceforfun
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 24 2015, 10:20 AM) *

Hello Andy! yes that is the car!

and the paperwork from Jurgen i have in good condition together with TONS of paperwork from when it was new untill now.

Best regards

thieuster
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 24 2015, 08:20 PM) *

That $ 13,000 asking price back in 97. I'm curious to know what the asking price is nowadays...

Menno
OmaPossu
I have some sales pics from 2009 too.
JmuRiz
I'll pay double the old sale price smile.gif
Cairo94507
Wow! And a '71 to boot. Can't be but a couple of those around.
raceforfun
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 24 2015, 10:50 AM) *

I'll pay double the old sale price smile.gif

there is one for sale at Mobile in good condition for 140k euro, I want less then 50% off that price, need it removed asap!

Best regards,
thieuster
PM sent

Menno

raceforfun
QUOTE(thieuster @ May 24 2015, 12:39 PM) *

PM sent

Menno

Answered :-)

Regards,

Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 24 2015, 12:19 PM) *

Wow! And a '71 to boot. Can't be but a couple of those around.

I think there were 21 of them, and only 4 1970 Sportos. (I could have that backwards, but I think I don't.)

I saw a silver Sporto here in the Bay Area at a swap meet in the early 1990s. No idea what happened to it after that, though.

--DD
raceforfun
CAR IS STILL AVAILABLE!

more Pictures will come today on the "sporttronic" details and also the chassi nr sign so people can confirm its the specific car :-)

PM for serious inquires

Best regards,

smile.gif
raceforfun
Hello everyone!

got the car to the garage now!

some pictures for you guys on the original service book, Chassi number and a very intresting letter from Porsche about the Sportmatic cars in german from 1982 and the car with engine/gearbox on the trailer.

Best regards,

raceforfun
Chassi Nr
raceforfun
Letter from Porsche from 1982
raceforfun
last picture of letter from Porsche
thieuster
Oh that's interesting info! If one of you wants to have the letter translated, just let me know!

Menno
raceforfun
This is the original Service book smile.gif !

Best regards,

914bub
QUOTE(thieuster @ May 25 2015, 09:14 AM) *

Oh that's interesting info! If one of you wants to have the letter translated, just let me know!

Menno

Menno
I'm pretty sure we ALL do!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(thieuster @ May 25 2015, 09:14 AM) *

Yes, please! Each one appears to contradict other information we have on the number of Sportos built, and they even contradict each other if I am reading them correctly.

--DD
Gustl
interesting details:
- the VIN tag is not in the correct place
- the engine number is for US market
- the letter from Porsche doesn't say anything about a car delivered to Sweden, while other European countries like Swizerland, France and Austria are listed ... US market cars are not listed

confused24.gif
raceforfun
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 25 2015, 09:49 AM) *

interesting details:
- the VIN tag is not in the correct place
- the engine number is for US market
- the letter from Porsche doesn't say anything about a car delivered to Sweden, while other European countries like Swizerland, France and Austria are listed ... US market cars are not listed

confused24.gif

The car was delivered new in Sweden and was in traffic 1971-03-25 for the first time in Sweden.

I have the paperwork for it, have just not posted it.

Regards,

thieuster
Wolfgang's German is off course better than mine. He's from German speaking Austria and I am from The Netherlands. Although only one country to the left, our languages are quite different. Remember, I'm not a native speaker in English or German. So with my School German into School English... here we go!

Dear Mr Rheindorf,

We congratualate you with the aquisition of a rare product of our brand like this 914/6 with the Sportmatic gear. This car wasn't built as a series. Therefore was it hard for us to figure out how many were produced.

After Research were able to retrieve from the production planning data that there are 22 engines built with the Sportmatic gear. Engine-wise (this engine has special control add-ons for the semi-automatic gear), there are 19 built with European specs and 4 with the 'clean exhaust' [my interpretation] for the USA.

There was not much to find in the car production data about the fact how many of these machines [Aggregate] were installed in the 914/6 or in the Special Versions of the 911 T. (The 911 model already had the 2.2 lt. engine during that period 1970/71).

Only after we checked the Rolodex [best translation of 'Kartei' I think] of the Customer Service, dear Mr Reindorf, we were able to answer your question without hesitation. We were even surprised ourselves to find out that back then, these 914/6 were built! The collegues that were part of the project only had very vague memories about the few Sportmatic cars. If we would have been unable to retrieve the correct number, we would have relied on the estimates the colleagues and then we would have said that only 3 or 4 cars were built.

But things were different. So, cars built:

3 cars for das Werk [=The Company] (for testing and and other trials)
2 cars for the Porsche family (one car went straight to Austria)
3 cars to the Glöckler company in Frankfurt
1 car went to the Hahn company in Stuttgart (this is your car, dear Mr Rheindorf)
2 cars were received by our agent Sonauto in France
1 car went to AMAG in Switzerland
2 cars landed in Hamburg with the Raffay company and
2 cars were sold by the Schulz company in Lintorf near Düsseldorf

all together 16 cars.

The were built between 9/1970 and 6/1971.

We hope that this information will help you further,

Kind Regards,

So, in total, 23 engines were built (19 EU + 4 US), 16 cars were sold/given away. I hope tha this translation helps - I am sure that Wolfgang will correct my translation when he sees reason to do so!

Menno
raceforfun
QUOTE(thieuster @ May 25 2015, 10:42 AM) *

Wolfgang's German is off course better than mine. He's from German speaking Austria and I am from The Netherlands. Although only one country to the left, our languages are quite different. So with my School German into School English... here we go!

Dear Mr Rheindorf,

We congratualate you with the aquisition of a rare product of our brand like this 914/6 with the Sportmatic gear. This car wasn't built as a series. Therefore was it hard for us to figure out how many were produced.

After Research were able to retrieve from the production planning data that there are 22 engines built with the Sportmatic gear. Engine-wise (this engine has special control add-ons for the semi-automatic gear), there are 19 built with European specs and 4 with the 'clean exhaust' [my interpretation] for the USA.

There was not much to find in the car production data about the fact how many of these machines [Aggregate] were installed in the 914/6 or in the Special Versions of the 911 T. (The 911 model already had the 2.2 lt. engine during that period 1970/71).

Only after we checked the Rolodex [best translation of 'Kartei' I think] of the Customer Service, dear Mr Reindorf, we were able to answer your question without hesitation. We were even surprised ourselves to find out that back then, these 914/6 were built! The collegues that were part of the project only had very vague memories about the few Sportmatic cars. If we would have been unable to retrieve the correct number, we would have relied on the estimates the colleagues and then we would have said that only 3 or 4 cars were built.

But things were different. So, cars built:

3 cars for das Werk [=The Company] (for testing and and other trials)
2 cars for the Porsche family (one car went straight to Austria)
3 cars to the Glöckler company in Frankfurt
1 car went to the Hahn company in Stuttgart (this is your car, dear Mr Rheindorf)
2 cars were received by our agent Sonauto in France
1 car went to AMAG in Switzerland
2 cars landed in Hamburg with the Raffay company and
2 cars were sold by the Schulz company in Lintorf near Düsseldorf

all together 16 cars.

The were built between 9/1970 and 6/1971.

We hope that this information will help you further,

Kind Regards,

So, in total, 23 engines were built (19 EU + 4 US), 16 cars were sold/given away.

Thanks for the great info!

this paper comes with the car and are not specific for this car, its just a document that came with the previous sale :-)

Best regards,

rgalla9146
The aluminum ID tag has been 'touched' as a result of crash damage.
The latch panel brace should be resistance welded not poorly mig welded
Right front fender appears to be replaced. Still has small metal bracket that held rear of bumper cover on '75-'76 cars
Check out the goofy vacuum plumbing on the intake manifold for the clutch diaphragm.
Also, is that an exhaust pipe under the engine for a front engine car ?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 25 2015, 02:03 PM) *

The aluminum ID tag has been 'touched' as a result of crash damage.
The latch panel brace should be resistance welded not poorly mig welded
Right front fender appears to be replaced. Still has small metal bracket that held rear of bumper cover on '75-'76 cars
Check out the goofy vacuum plumbing on the intake manifold for the clutch diaphragm.
Also, is that an exhaust pipe under the engine for a front engine car ?

Definitely a fwd cat exhaust pipe, with the flex joint. Maybe just another collateral surplus piece from a different project... wound up on the trailer. Someone should do a quick "Eyes-on" verification on this car +buy it (if it passes the scrutiny).
It's too rare to be left on the market for too long.
altitude411
* edit, (withdraw my opinion)
JeffBowlsby
We have not heard a price yet.
Mr.242
This little gem is going to cause a small country to go bankrupt. HUGE historical value with this car.

So very cool to see it come up for sale here. 1 of 16, I'd be letting Porsche know about this one to see if they'd want it back.

shades.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 25 2015, 05:35 PM) *

We have not heard a price yet.

Jeff...just pm him...he will reply with price.
Then pm me , we can compare to my quoted price !
Marty
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ May 25 2015, 05:57 PM) *
1 of 16, I'd be letting Porsche know about this one to see if they'd want it back.

Other sources have stated that 21 Sportos were made, or 25. The last I heard, the 25 figure was the most authoritative one. There were 21 built for one model year (I think 71) and 4 built for the other (70). None for the 72 model year.

--DD
JeffBowlsby
Way overpriced at $62 large for the USA market

When complete, running /6s are available for slightly more than that, a basket case project on the other side of the world should be half that amount. I hear the sportos are a novelty, not much of a drivers machine.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 25 2015, 07:17 PM) *
Other sources have stated that 21 Sportos were made, or 25. The last I heard, the 25 figure was the most authoritative one. There were 21 built for one model year (I think 71) and 4 built for the other (70). None for the 72 model year.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=87178
shades.gif
pete000
I know some one who has a Sporto oil tank. They were different than the regular six oil tanks. I heard Aase Brothers bought a bunch from the factory that were dead inventory way back when.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 25 2015, 10:20 PM) *

I know some one who has a Sporto oil tank. They were different than the regular six oil tanks. I heard Aase Brothers bought a bunch from the factory that were dead inventory way back when.

My first 6 conversion in 1977 utilized the Sporto oil tank, it was the only tank that the dealer could source back then. This is the 2.7 turbo narrow body '74 photographed at the front entrance to CBS Television City, L.A. 1977.
The sportomatic tank required 2 metric male-end plugs to cap off the 2 extra oil tank pipes. I still use this same oil tank on my (wide body) 914 today driving.gif
MartyClick to view attachment
raceforfun
Hello everyone,

The car if people didn't see or i missed to write it down,

it ran perfectly Before we stripped it down in the shop in both Engine/gearbox.

Need the car removed as soon as possible for a new Project.

price is 500 000 SEK.

Regards,

Mark Henry
Exchange that would be just under $60,000 USD or $75,000 CAN.

For what it is I'm thinking it's not that far off base.
914Next
Agree. Sounds a bit high for a disassembled -6 but given it's rarity it's not far off at all in my view. Would love to consider it but I'd need to have it restored by someone else since I have no skills!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.