Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: admin please remove this thread !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
thelogo
X welcome.png
thelogo
beer.gif wub.gif
thelogo
8:popcorn: wub.gif
thelogo
type.gif smoke.gif
matthepcat
Why would you not allow a buyer to have the car professionally inspected before purchase?
era vulgaris
QUOTE(matthepcat @ May 26 2015, 05:46 PM) *

Why would you not allow a buyer to have the car professionally inspected before purchase?

Or not allow a potential buyer to test drive it?
That seems weird to me.
Mblizzard
Too many disclaimers and restrictions for a solid car. Good luck with the sell but I would not ever buy a car the owner would not allow test drives.
914Next
Yup….attitude is everything. I've purchased five cars sight unseen just because I was able to work with the seller, get to know them and build some trust that both parties were committed to a good outcome. Seller might be wise to reconsider his approach.
billh1963
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ May 26 2015, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ May 26 2015, 05:46 PM) *

Or not allow a potential buyer to test drive it?
That seems weird to me.

I think he is scared someone sill steal those ultra rare seat covers and steering wheel cover.... lol-2.gif
thelogo
Hopefully I'm addressing all issues here

I will be happy to take potential buyers for a ride with me driving to demonstrate the car is more then capable.

Buyers cannot operate until they buy because .

1. Don't want someone grinding the s#it out of the transmission and murdering 1st and reverse .
2. People not accustomed to non power and non abs brakes pedals that pivot form the bottom may be dangerous in a panic stop situation.
3. If something mechanical breaks on the car and I'm driving no biggie , but if something breaks do to
Another driver it's on me.
4. God forbid another car hits us when I'm not driving , I doubt insurance will understand
And if test driver crash's the car , it's my ass not there's .
5. I personally always baby the car and never push the limits of the powertrain ,suspension , tires or brakes . I will not tolerate someone else pushing those limits as long as my name's on the title . Once they buy the car they can go as fast as they want without me in the car.
6. There are no guarantees in buying used cars ,if buyer wants to test drive ,inspect on a lift and retain warranty s
I will gladly direct them to the nearest new or used car dealership.

Also if you'd like to do a mechanical inspection you more then free to do so
Where the car is . But I personally only trust 1 mechanic and he says the car is clean so I'm not
Interested in taking it to shops I don't know what the person's mechanical aptitude is.

And yeh that Paul Jr seat cover and 2 $ wheel cover is the cats meahowowo
So any other issues please contact me or post here

Fyi ,when I bought the car I didn't test drive it ,but was taken for a drive by the previous owner
He went through all the gears ,stop and started etc. And worked out just fine for me .

Shout out to the cheap sob
thelogo
QUOTE(matthepcat @ May 26 2015, 02:46 PM) *

This is not true buyer is free to professionally
Inspect the car , where it is
thelogo
QUOTE(914Next @ May 26 2015, 05:55 PM) *

Yup….attitude is everything. I've purchased five cars sight unseen just because I was able to work with the seller, get to know them and build some trust that both parties were committed to a good outcome. Seller might be wise to reconsider his approach.

I have a good attitude towards potential buyers but
The fact of the matter is I don't trust people I don't know
With money or driving my wheels

I'd be happy to work with any potential buyers but
Out here in California I have to be extra cautious because
A lot of buyers are less then trustworthy and or responsible .

Mblizzard
O
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 26 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Are you going to provide a lift, lighting, testing equipment etc? If not then you are intentionally limiting all buyers ability to make an informed decision by denying the option of having a professional inspection done in a proper shop. Regardless of how you define a "professional inspection" unless it is completed in a shop setting it is not professional.

This is a deal that screams danger! Time to run away and run VERY fast.
thelogo
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 26 2015, 07:45 PM) *

O
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 26 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Are you going to provide a lift, lighting, testing equipment etc? If not then you are intentionally limiting all buyers ability to make an informed decision by denying the option of having a professional inspection done in a proper shop. Regardless of how you define a "professional inspection" unless it is completed in a shop setting it is not professional.

This is a deal that screams danger! Time to run away and run VERY fast.

Buyer is free to bring a Jack and lift up the car
A flash light and sunlight
Any testing equipment they want .
I have nothing to hide ,the car is legit

That is how I inspect ed the car before I bought it.
I Did the inspection myself , and after I bought it
Took it to my mechanic , got a tune up and all was well.

And I define professional inspection as paying money to
A mechanic to come and look at the car

! where it is .!

It's done all the time

If buyer wants to run fast that's there prerogative

Claiming that a inspection is only professional when conducted in a shop ,imho is bull s#it , 99out of 100 mechanics I've been to are doing nothing but trying to rip people off. So I think your faith in " shops"
Is gravely misplaced.

If buyer wants 100% certainty when purchasing a car
I again suggest a new car dealership s and cars with warranty
thelogo
biggrin.gif

And on the lighter side of life .

When you sleep with or want to sleep with a women .

You buy her flowers , dinner or and drinks beer3.gif ,take her to the movies , coffee beer3.gif or maybe dessert
Dancing ,fine wine , piratenanner.gif

Then you sleep with her . If it's great then all worth while beerchug.gif

You don't sleep with her first , then say wow your really awesome in bed
I think I'll take you out for dinner ,dancing , wine dessert ,get you flowers and see a movie with you.

Or say you were terrible in bed and do non of that stuff wub.gif stirthepot.gif

Disclaimer : this is in no way intended to insult the opposite sex . Just though I'd illustrate a point to members and provide a little prospective.

sheeplove.gif :miles

""To get along with me don't increase my tension""
The great Ty Cobb
MoveQik
I was going to offer $18k. But I can't drive it. :-(
thelogo
I can appreciate a sense of humor

https://youtu.be/9-VLtpSZh7o

https://youtu.be/CH2fHTriaw0
era vulgaris
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 27 2015, 12:07 AM) *

You don't sleep with her first , then say wow your really awesome in bed
I think I'll take you out for dinner ,dancing , wine dessert ,get you flowers and see a movie with you.

Or say you were terrible in bed and do non of that stuff wub.gif stirthepot.gif

Maybe you don't. Better to find out early if there's any chemistry, than waste all that time and money. My current relationship of 4 years is proof of that.

Too many conditions on this car. Even if I lived in the area and was in the market for it, I'd never go look at it. Maybe if the car was a museum piece with 500 original miles, I'd understand the seller's concerns. But it's a driver. Anyone interested in 914's that's a member here, has likely owned and/or driven multiple 914's. We know how these cars work, we're used to non-power brakes and steering. We know how these cars should handle and feel, which is why a test drive is so important to be able to discern any issues. And only an asshole would drive a car recklessly on a test drive.
6freak
GLWTS
thelogo
Selling cause I don't drive it often enough and it just sits in the garage .

Thank you to all with constructive criticism

And to all the crying moaning and poo poo ers

Can we find a middle ground ?

Fact of the matter is buying used cars envolves certain risks
If your not comfortable with that

Than a dealership with warranties is probably a better choice.

I will not assume liability involved with people test driveing
So if I keep the car another few years because of that
It's not really a big deal to me .
rjames
You might help your cause if you at least post some more pictures of the car with the rockers off, underneath, engine bay, etc., (the usual places one finds rust).
I have no reason to doubt your description of it being a solid turnkey car, but for that price I would expect a pristine car, and the cracked dash alone doesn't reflect that.

Best of luck with the sale.
Cuda911
See my recent thread below. Seller also claimed that his car was in amazing condition. At least I did get to test drive it, and the car lost all its gears during the test drive. Not due to my inability to drive, but due to the fact that the car was a POS from top to bottom.

Thelogo would have probably tried to bill me for it.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=test+drive

Thelogo, if you want to sell me the car for 7K, I'll buy it without driving it or having a mechanic look at it, assuming that it seems OK riding as a passenger and it passes my visual inspection.
thelogo
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 27 2015, 10:54 AM) *

See my recent thread below. Seller also claimed that his car was in amazing condition. At least I did get to test drive it, and the car lost all its gears during the test drive. Not due to my inability to drive, but due to the fact that the car was a POS from top to bottom.

Thelogo would have probably tried to bill me for it.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=test+drive

Thelogo, if you want to sell me the car for 7K, I'll buy it without driving it or having a mechanic look at it, assuming that it seems OK riding as a passenger and it passes my visual inspection.

Sorry can't do it for 7 k
I assume that was a real offer but not sure

And the test drive your described is what I want to avoid
If something goes wrong it's on me but If I'm not driving then I would hold driver responsible

Cuda911
Yep, it's a real offer, might be willing to up it a bit, but no where near 14K. Although I wouldn't be thrilled about not test-driving it, I'd be OK with a ride-along.
MikeInMunich
One thing that I noticed immediately was the claim that the car "needs absolutely nothing" and then the first thing I saw in the first photo was the PS wiper blade missing.

First impressions are lasting impressions.

I personally like to be able to take people on their word and consider word choices seriously. "Needs absolutely nothing" SHOULD mean it really doesn't need anything at all, which is very unlikely to begin with. This makes it difficult for anyone to take you on your word / seriously. I'd bet that most of us could find at least a dozen things it "needs" in less than 3 minutes.

Just sayin.

Good luck.

M.i.M.
thelogo
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 27 2015, 01:10 PM) *

Yep, it's a real offer, might be willing to up it a bit, but no where near 14K. Although I wouldn't be thrilled about not test-driving it, I'd be OK with a ride-along.

Hi if it's not close to 14 then I'll have to pass

But thaanks for making a offer as opposed to every one else here who's on there periods and make no offers .

But If you already have other 914 s why do you wanna buy mine for pennies on the dollar if you don't think it's nice ?

Just curious
thelogo
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ May 27 2015, 01:55 PM) *

One thing that I noticed immediately was the claim that the car "needs absolutely nothing" and then the first thing I saw in the first photo was the PS wiper blade missing.

I personally like to be able to take people on their word and consider word choices seriously. "Needs absolutely nothing" SHOULD mean it really doesn't need anything at all, which is very unlikely to begin with. This makes it difficult for anyone to take you on your word / seriously. I'd bet that most of us could find at least a dozen things it "needs" in less than 3 minutes.

Just sayin.

Good luck.

M.i.M.

I'm telling you the car needs absolutely nothing

The wiper was removed by previous owner
But I have it and comes with the car

The same for the drivers side interior Sun visor

And the center seat cushion

I'm telling you the car needs nothing
It even has spares

Believe me I do not advertise the car being completely and needs nothing without meaning it

Especially here of all places
Cuda911

Just sayin.

Good luck.

M.i.M.

Indeed. Items I can see, just based on the very limited pix:

- Rear sail panel trim has been painted black for some reason.
-Sail panel vinyl is missing.
- Dash is in absolutely terrible condition.
- Carpet is in marginal condition.
- Passenger side door lower armrest part appears to be falling off.
-Targa top rubber is torn and in poor condition.
-Lower door seal rubber is torn and in very poor condition.
- The above-mentioned missing passenger side wiper arm.

I will assume that there are more items that are not visible. Not saying this is a poor car by any means, but is very far from the "Needs absolutely nothing" description. I can see needing to drop a grand or more, easy, just fixing up the minor stuff I can see.
thelogo
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 27 2015, 03:42 PM) *

Just sayin.

Good luck.

M.i.M.

Indeed. Items I can see, just based on the very limited pix:

- Rear sail panel trim has been painted black for some reason.
-Sail panel vinyl is missing.
- Dash is in absolutely terrible condition.
- Carpet is in marginal condition.
- Passenger side door lower armrest part appears to be falling off.
-Targa top rubber is torn and in poor condition.
-Lower door seal rubber is torn and in very poor condition.
- The above-mentioned missing passenger side wiper arm.

I will assume that there are more items that are not visible. Not saying this is a poor car by any means, but is very far from the "Needs absolutely nothing" description. I can see needing to drop a grand or more, easy, just fixing up the minor stuff I can see.

I will acknowledge that sail panel vinyl is not there but I personally felt the car looked better without it

And I've seen dash es 100 times wursh off

Other items listed may be in less then optimal condition but they are not absent .

Repairing or replace ing said items are a matter of taste
I can use and enjoy the car exactly as is .
If buyer wants to replace said items to pristine condition
That's there prerogative

But believe me if all that stuff was in mint condition
The price would be higher
thelogo
I said the car needs nothing

Not it's never gonna need anything done ever in the future
Heeltoe914
I have seen the car and it’s a solid car. some good things about it. I have talked to the seller and he is a good guy. I would agree he is not selling the car very well on this forum. So in the friendliest way I can say this. Here goes, Owning or buying a 914 is a passion just like looking for a good wife. Asking question, showing it off and gaining trust From the seller and the buyer is important. You have to expect that the car will need to be driven when your asking 14K. You have to expect that the car may have to be driven to a shop for inspection. If not than you have just cut the potential buyers down to anyone within driving distance. How you buy a car may not be how the potential buyer of your car will buy for himself. If you really wont to sell it and move on my tip as a friend is to quickly change the tone of the next few post.
In one year I sold 14 914s most all went to buyers across the country. Funny thing with 14 cars being sold not one did I have to take to a shop for inspection. I am sure it was because of my willingness to answer question, take picture and be as open as needed to make the buyer comfortable about the new RELATIONSHIP he or she was entering into. Yes it’s a 42 year old car for 14K I can buy a boxster or 968 with A/C. buyers of 914s often end up buying more than one for a reason, or selling and wishing thay never sold it. I wish you the best on the sale I will buy you a bagel at the next car show. J
thelogo
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ May 27 2015, 04:47 PM) *

I have seen the car and it’s a solid car. some good things about it. I have talked to the seller and he is a good guy. I would agree he is not selling the car very well on this forum. So in the friendliest way I can say this. Here goes, Owning or buying a 914 is a passion just like looking for a good wife. Asking question, showing it off and gaining trust From the seller and the buyer is important. You have to expect that the car will need to be driven when your asking 14K. You have to expect that the car may have to be driven to a shop for inspection. If not than you have just cut the potential buyers down to anyone within driving distance. How you buy a car may not be how the potential buyer of your car will buy for himself. If you really wont to sell it and move on my tip as a friend is to quickly change the tone of the next few post.
In one year I sold 14 914s most all went to buyers across the country. Funny thing with 14 cars being sold not one did I have to take to a shop for inspection. I am sure it was because of my willingness to answer question, take picture and be as open as needed to make the buyer comfortable about the new RELATIONSHIP he or she was entering into. Yes it’s a 42 year old car for 14K I can buy a boxster or 968 with A/C. buyers of 914s often end up buying more than one for a reason, or selling and wishing thay never sold it. I wish you the best on the sale I will buy you a bagel at the next car show. J

Hey

L

Thanks for chiming in

I really don't need to sell it I just thought someone out there could drive it more then I do .

But after getting the car which was a stressful process
And tryin to sell the car which is turning into a stressful process
I think I'll just keep it and drive it until its as worn in like
A baseball glove ,like yours is

If someone one day unsolicited ask me if I'd sell then I'll go from there ,but it's to nice a ride to make all this fuss over .

I'll see you at the movies ,bra
Cuda911
Sounds like a wise decision to just keep the car. Your passion for it clearly clouds objectivity. But, that same passion is exactly why you should keep it. Maybe in a few years it will be worth the 14K. I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Cairo94507
I hope this seller reflects on all of the comments here and realizes we are all enthusiasts who know and love these cars. If he would begin by recognizing, understanding and appreciating that, then he would have serious insight into the people interested in his car.

Honesty is always the best policy and it may be English is not the seller's first language. I don't know, just trying to explain what come off as seemingly abrupt responses full of spelling and grammar errors. When I was reading his listing and saw the photos that was the first thought I had. The second was it was a classic flipper trying to scam someone. However, since Heeltoe914 has vouched for the car and the seller, I am willing to get past that and attribute it to the way people sometimes "talk" on Internet sites. I am certain in person the seller would be a terrific person and answer all questions and be reasonable.

So, if he really wants to sell, and someone really wants to buy, I wish them the best so this car can move to the next owner and continue to be loved and cared for. GLWTS
thelogo
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ May 27 2015, 06:47 PM) *

Sounds like a wise decision to just keep the car. Your passion for it clearly clouds objectivity. But, that same passion is exactly why you should keep it. Maybe in a few years it will be worth the 14K. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Your a schmuck

It's easily worth 14 k. Today as it sits , for someone who's never seen the car you sure know a lot about its value

I'm sure when ever I decided to sell it I'll get what it demands

And to duplicate the car il sure spending north of 20 k is a easy starting point .

thelogo
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 27 2015, 06:50 PM) *

I hope this seller reflects on all of the comments here and realizes we are all enthusiasts who know and love these cars. If he would begin by recognizing, understanding and appreciating that, then he would have serious insight into the people interested in his car.

Honesty is always the best policy and it may be English is not the seller's first language. I don't know, just trying to explain what come off as seemingly abrupt responses full of spelling and grammar errors. When I was reading his listing and saw the photos that was the first thought I had. The second was it was a classic flipper trying to scam someone. However, since Heeltoe914 has vouched for the car and the seller, I am willing to get past that and attribute it to the way people sometimes "talk" on Internet sites. I am certain in person the seller would be a terrific person and answer all questions and be reasonable.

So, if he really wants to sell, and someone really wants to buy, I wish them the best so this car can move to the next owner and continue to be loved and cared for. GLWTS

good point you don't know me

And don't worry about what my first language is

And if you every meet me in person . Walk the other way .

3rd generation east German Jew , for those keeping score , racist bastards
Cuda911
Sheesh, what a dork.

Politeness by all here was met with rude incivility by Mr. Logo.

I didn't even point out your horrendous writing skills.

It's: "You're a schmuck."

KMA.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(thelogo @ May 27 2015, 09:56 PM) *

2nd generation east German Jew , for those keeping score , racist bastards

Before this thread disappears....

Calling people racist because they question if English is your first language is not being racist. For all they know your are a blue eyed blonde Swede. Calling people a racist because you don't want to hear their message just make you a dumbass. What is apparent is that you are an illiterate asshole who doesn't have enough sense to realize that most of the posts in here are actually asking the questions any sane buyer will ask.

Look at the cars being sold....how they are marketed, the descriptions, and the pictures. Maybe you will learn something. In the meantime,grow the fuck up.
mepstein

Really?
thelogo
Well seems like everyone here can dish it out ,but they can't

Take it
thelogo
QUOTE(billh1963 @ May 27 2015, 07:08 PM) *

Before this thread disappears....

Calling people racist because they question if English is your first language is not being racist. For all they know your are a blue eyed blonde Swede. Calling people a racist because you don't want to hear their message just make you a dumbass. What is apparent is that you are an illiterate asshole who doesn't have enough sense to realize that most of the posts in here are actually asking the questions any sane buyer will ask.

Look at the cars being sold....how they are marketed, the descriptions, and the pictures. Maybe you will learn something. In the meantime,grow the fuck up.

Who you supposed to be Jessie Jackson
scotty b
FWIW: German, Scotch Irish, Black foot indian, dickhead, no count, know nothing, long haired, gun toting, bible burning, car junkie, honkey, " racist ", asshole, rotten cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit prick here . Sir smile.gif
thelogo
Baseball is a red-blooded sport for red-blooded men. It's no pink tea, and mollycoddles had better stay out. It's a struggle for supremacy, a survival of the fittest.

Ty Cobb

That pretty much sums it up

I had to fight all my life to survive. They were all against me... but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch.

Ty Cobb
thelogo
I'm gonna put a sign on my car now that says

Not for sale
Cuda911
^^^

Chris H.
Scotty...throwin' down some Clark W. Griswold...nice....starts around :40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNFXk0GFiHc
914outlaw
Remember this rule
thelogo
QUOTE(dpires914 @ May 27 2015, 08:48 PM) *

Funny I read this before I started this thread

I could care less if members violate the rule

But it is really counterproductive, but this thread really took off since everyone decided to

Be a dearest dingwad . But I did invite it I guess .
Jonathan Livesay
First time I've seen this thread. Wow, what an effing train wreck. It just got funnier and funnier until it choked on it's own vomit and died. av-943.gif
thelogo
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ May 27 2015, 09:03 PM) *

First time I've seen this thread. Wow, what an effing train wreck. It just got funnier and funnier until it choked on it's own vomit and died. av-943.gif

Exactly what I was thinking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.