Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front clip...where to cut?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
I'm going to start stripping my two rusty parts cars in the next couple of weeks. The yellow 74 actually has (upon initial inspection) a decent front tub. I would hate to scrap it if it can be used. Is there an optimal place to cut or just cut off the front end forward of the rusty area? smile.gif

I assume a sawzall and plenty of blades will do the job?
Chris H.
Seems like the fewest blades would be used if you cut just behind the front door jamb straight across. Zip through the long, across the floor pan, center tunnel, other long, done. It'll be a big piece...but someone will use it. Sawzall will do just fine.
Chris Pincetich
agree.gif
Save the front cowel beerchug.gif
Kansas 914
I have seen Rick Ollah do this in my garage on a donor I had. You might check with him as well.
billh1963
Thank you for the replies. That makes sense....then if someone needed a particular section they could "pick and choose" what they need.
DRPHIL914
plasma cutter.. poke.gif
also i could see some very intersting yard art in your future, not sure if your neighbors would appreciate it. -
r_towle
The woman in CA needs both front fenders and front trunk floor.

Might want to see if that will work out for you to cut it for that use.

rich
cary
My rustoration is a front clip car. It was cut about 9 inches from the door hinge post.
scotty b
cut just behind the exhaust tip mellow.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 27 2015, 01:48 PM) *

cut just behind the exhaust tip mellow.gif

Everyone's a comedian.... lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.