Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 / 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nine_14
Have a look at this very nice /6 after full restoration by MEMMINGER.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/porsc...ort=ALSO_EXPORT

Click to view attachment

Priced at 215.500 USD.

Gustl
a MY'72 with the igniton key on the left side blink.gif

both, the early and the late jack hold in the rear bonnet ...
black headlight surroundings

but hey, it's nice drooley.gif
Dave_Darling
I can't tell if that's actually a 1972 model year 914-6, or if it was first street-registered in 1972. Hopefully the former, as that is much less common, and would mean that the moveable passenger's seat is original.

Looks like they used the Billy Boat heat exchangers. I hope they actually got them to fit correctly...

EDIT: Oh, there's the ignition switch! Hmmm.... It's funny how they XXXd out the part of the VIN that holds the model year...

--DD
SirAndy
Here is something interesting ...

From the Ad:
Original 914-6, FG-Nr. 914 XXX 0134 Erstauslieferung im März 1972 nach Frankfurt

They xxed out parts of the VIN but mention the car was first registered in March of '72 in Frankfurt.

So i did some digging in the VIN database and 914.243.0134 is not listed, but 914.243.0135 is and that one also resides in Frankfurt.

Then i looked at '71 cars and again 914.143.0134 is not listed, but 914.143.0135 is and that one also resides in Frankfurt.

What are the chances of that?
blink.gif

My best bet at this point would be that the car is in fact 914.243.0134
smile.gif
pete000
And not inexpensive either !
6freak
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ May 28 2015, 07:29 AM) *

Have a look at this very nice /6 after full restoration by MEMMINGER.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/porsc...ort=ALSO_EXPORT

Click to view attachment

Priced at 215.500 USD.

beautiful car but they kinda missed on the restoration IMO if thats what they were going for $215.500.00 Am I missing the 20lbs brick of gold in the rear trunk DANG maybe I priced mine to low smile.gif
MikeC

Niklas
It says it is made of all new parts It says.
http://www.914neuteile.de/cms/front_conten...mp;mylinkid=478
Ferg
All that work and they run the oil cooler lines down the middle wacko.gif
Nine_14
QUOTE(Niklas @ May 28 2015, 08:38 PM) *

It says it is made of all new parts It says.
http://www.914neuteile.de/cms/front_conten...mp;mylinkid=478

I think on the pic you can see what they have. All primed parts are avaiable.

Click to view attachment

Also MEMMINGER posted, that the storage place has been enhanced, cause of tons of requests. idea.gif Where are all those original spare parts coming from ?
6freak
QUOTE(Ferg @ May 28 2015, 11:45 AM) *

All that work and they run the oil cooler lines down the middle wacko.gif

seen that ..stock 2.0 dont need a radiator confused24.gif maybe he lives in death valley rolleyes.gif still a very nice ride
smile.gif
toolguy
Wonder why they removed the roll bar vinyl and lower trim piece, which is clearly evident in the 'before' picture. Replacement parts picture shows USA 'wart' front fenders ??? door threshold trim is black, when did it change from the original aluminum? Front hood springs [painted body yellow] . . Dash pad is a stitched aftermarket part. . in before picture, right side jack receiver has been removed at some point before this restoration which make me wonder how bad the rust was to start with.

Given the amount of manual work done, the price is quite honestly reflective of true shop rates and parts cost. . Whether it is realistic, that is your guess and opinion. . it will only be born out by a sales price which will probably never be disclosed. but I love the optimism. .

Oil lines under car. . disaster waiting to happen. .
pete000
I agree the oil cooler lines under th car are not so great for such a restoration. Keeping the Six close to all original would have been the way to go...IMHO.

Did the later Sixes come with the lower engine compartment air flaps?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 28 2015, 01:55 PM) *

Did the later Sixes come with the lower engine compartment air flaps?

agree.gif

I was wondering the same thing about the air flaps.

The carpeted trunk is nice.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
916's had carpet in both the front and rear trunks.
mepstein
I like the carpeted trunks but I'd be concerned about trapping moisture against the metal. But I do like the look.
Cairo94507
None of the Sixes had the underbody air flaps, assuming you mean these:
Click to view attachment

Just to be clear, I am adding them to my car as I believe they do assist in circulating engine compartment air.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 28 2015, 10:31 PM) *

Just to be clear, I am adding them to my car as I believe they do assist in circulating engine compartment air.

Me too. I have a set I plan on adding to my six. They create a low air pressure area underneath & help flow out more hot air from the engine.
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 28 2015, 05:17 PM) *

My best bet at this point would be that the car is in fact 914.243.0134
smile.gif

the ad says, that the car originally was saturn yellow - so it has to be MY'72 shades.gif
GeorgeRud
Regardless, it is a very nice car. It would be interesting to see what it eventually would actually sell for.

Then again, none of us would have figured open air 356s or early 911s's prices would be in the stratosphere 30 years ago.
mepstein
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ May 28 2015, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 28 2015, 10:31 PM) *

Me too. I have a set I plan on adding to my six. They create a low air pressure area underneath & help flow out more hot air from the engine.

Me 2 smile.gif
sean_v8_914
to the bone
mr914
That's truly a naked 914
larryM
restoration ????? - hardly

- resto-mod - yes

many of us old guys have "been there" and many young guys are about to be there or are there now

the lesson - it costs 3X the value of the sell price to produce such a "restoration"

makes no matter what marque you are in love with at the moment

- do it for love if you must, but not for speculative profit based on internet asking prices

QUOTE(pete000 @ May 28 2015, 12:55 PM) *

I agree the oil cooler lines under th car are not so great for such a restoration. Keeping the Six close to all original would have been the way to go...IMHO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.