Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injection Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
minndodger
I have a 73 2.0 with dual carbs. I have the fuel injection system in a box in my garage. Is it worth anything? It was working when it was removed from the car.
type47
Check out the for sale section. Somebody has a d-jet system FS asking $4-500.
I would think MPS's would bring in $1-200.
mark04usa
Keep the system with the car...a future owner may want to restore the FI to its rightful place feeding your engine!
JeffBowlsby
"It was working when it was removed from the car"

That's not very likely. Why would anyone remove a perfectly functional system? Be sure that every component checks out as functional before stating that.
JawjaPorsche
Some mechanic might have ripped it because it had a vacuum leak and did not understand the fuel injection system.

Post pictures and I am sure you will get an accurate estimate. I would sell it whole instead of separately.
minndodger
I will take photos of the items when I get home tonight and post them tomorrow.
minndodger
Photo 1Click to view attachment
minndodger
Click to view attachment
minndodger
Click to view attachment
minndodger
Click to view attachment
cwpeden
One of the most important parts is missing. The 2.0 injectors! Well at least 3 of them are missing.
Bleyseng
and that's why they ripped it out as it ran lean all the time.
Mblizzard
As a person that added the fuel injection back to the car I would certainly encourage you to keep it. It took me a while to gather all of my parts and with the help of people like Geoff I am getting pretty close to having mine dialed in for the 2056 build.

I have a bunch of information on modern injectors that can be use din place of the stock Bosch one. Of course if you can find new or even rebuilt 2.0 injectors that would be the way to go.

Of course if you just want to get it out of your garage you can ship it to me!
cwpeden
Ditto on the keeping FI. I'm a convert in both directions and definitely choose FI over carbs for drivability
minndodger
Thank you for the advice. If I decide to keep it, is there a good way to store the parts?
Bleyseng
Take it apart, have all the parts powder coated and store them in plastic bags.

It will look so pretty you'll put it on your car where it belongs. chair.gif
Old Yella
No one wants that old shit, pain30.gif I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for the cost of postage. birthday.gif
It seems I must be one of a dyeing breed trying to keep my car running on 40 year old reject parts. party.gif
PancakePorsche
In 73 they used a modified 1.7 system. They used a one year only MPS and head sensor with the 1.7 ECU. I always had the best running 2.0's with the 73 combination. The 2 unique parts mentioned are hard to come by in good order these days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.