Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still searching for my 914....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144me
I've been searching for almost two years now on and off for my first 914. Now i'm completely ready to purchase a car if I find the right one for the right price.

Is it just me or are the prices of these cars goign up and availability going down?

I'm looking for a car to autox and track, have a good time with. This is what i'm looking for mod wise:

Increased displacement, built 2.0 or higher. must run on street gas
5 lug ideal but not required.
worked suspension: koni or bilsteins.. i've seen too many cars with KYB Gas-A-Just crap. stiffer springs/tbars
stock or aftermarket(light) wheels with 205 race tires (Hoosiers or Kuhmos)
race seats and harnesses would be ideal

Pretty much something that has been autocrossed proving to be a strong performer and a reliable car.
I've come across a few and posted about them, it seems like everyone on here devalues the price of any car that is posted.

What should a stock 2.0 with basic mods and records go for? I've come to the conclusion that nothing out there is perfect. Everyone claims their car is the best they've ever seen, etc etc. Maybe they are right.

Every day I search 914club, pelican, ebay, rennlist and pca.org.

So.... does anyone have a nicely setup 914 for sale for under $7k?! Someone please help!!!
TimT
I know of a car that is a roller........ has a welded in cage and boxes of parts.

Do you want a project or a running car?
9144me
I'm looking for a running car. I'd like something I can pickup and drive straight to autox. Thanks though
scotty914
a well prepared stock car setup for axing is going to run 10 k, a good driver would run 6 to 8 k and need 2 to 4 k worth of work to be real nice. you can get one in the 4 k price range but it might need 6 to 8 k of work to be real nice.

as for things like racing seats 250 per seat. new konis or bilistens ( sp ) 400. rebuilt tranny will cost 1 to 2 k. rebuilt engine will be 2 to 8 k, so spend the money up front it will cost twice as much to do it your self.

and i wont even get in to rust
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.