Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Still searching for my 914...., Northeast
9144me
post Feb 22 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,550

I've been searching for almost two years now on and off for my first 914. Now i'm completely ready to purchase a car if I find the right one for the right price.

Is it just me or are the prices of these cars goign up and availability going down?

I'm looking for a car to autox and track, have a good time with. This is what i'm looking for mod wise:

Increased displacement, built 2.0 or higher. must run on street gas
5 lug ideal but not required.
worked suspension: koni or bilsteins.. i've seen too many cars with KYB Gas-A-Just crap. stiffer springs/tbars
stock or aftermarket(light) wheels with 205 race tires (Hoosiers or Kuhmos)
race seats and harnesses would be ideal

Pretty much something that has been autocrossed proving to be a strong performer and a reliable car.
I've come across a few and posted about them, it seems like everyone on here devalues the price of any car that is posted.

What should a stock 2.0 with basic mods and records go for? I've come to the conclusion that nothing out there is perfect. Everyone claims their car is the best they've ever seen, etc etc. Maybe they are right.

Every day I search 914club, pelican, ebay, rennlist and pca.org.

So.... does anyone have a nicely setup 914 for sale for under $7k?! Someone please help!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TimT
post Feb 22 2005, 07:05 PM
Post #2

retired

Member No.: 313

I know of a car that is a roller........ has a welded in cage and boxes of parts.

Do you want a project or a running car?
+Quote Post
9144me
post Feb 22 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,550

I'm looking for a running car. I'd like something I can pickup and drive straight to autox. Thanks though
+Quote Post
scotty914
post Feb 22 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #4

suby torque rules

Member No.: 924

a well prepared stock car setup for axing is going to run 10 k, a good driver would run 6 to 8 k and need 2 to 4 k worth of work to be real nice. you can get one in the 4 k price range but it might need 6 to 8 k of work to be real nice.

as for things like racing seats 250 per seat. new konis or bilistens ( sp ) 400. rebuilt tranny will cost 1 to 2 k. rebuilt engine will be 2 to 8 k, so spend the money up front it will cost twice as much to do it your self.

and i wont even get in to rust
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 08:56 PM