Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wiper motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rw163014
I need a wiper motor for 1975 ;914 2.0l
turn signals and horn work ok
any advice besides bad motor; does not work at all. sad.gif
GaroldShaffer
could be a bad switch in the column also. Two things to try.

1) lift the wiper arms off the windshield completely, then turn the wipers on high. Do the arms move at all? If so, then you maybe able to free them up. Take the wipers arms off and all the mounting hardware on the top side of the cowl. Them lube the shafts the best you can. Once done put the big nut back on the shaft and them turn the wipers on high again, while moving lube the shafts again. Turn off wipers and put all the mounting hardware back on, once that is done try the wipers again and see if they wipe while the blades are on the windshield, if they do then you should be good to go. I do this once a year to my 914s to help keep things moving.

2) This is a PITA with the fresh air blower in the way, but if you can see if you can reach the wires to the motor. If you can, check to see if you have voltage to the motor (sorry I don't have the pin outs in front of me) when the wipers are turned on, if you do then I would say your motor is bad, if you don't then sounds like you have a bad switch in your steering column.

3) I have a test working wiper motor if you end up needing one.
cpfoster
Have extra complete wiper assembly with motor if you need one.
euro911
Checked all your fuses?
rw163014
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 8 2015, 03:50 PM) *

could be a bad switch in the column also. Two things to try.

1) lift the wiper arms off the windshield completely, then turn the wipers on high. Do the arms move at all? If so, then you maybe able to free them up. Take the wipers arms off and all the mounting hardware on the top side of the cowl. Them lube the shafts the best you can. Once done put the big nut back on the shaft and them turn the wipers on high again, while moving lube the shafts again. Turn off wipers and put all the mounting hardware back on, once that is done try the wipers again and see if they wipe while the blades are on the windshield, if they do then you should be good to go. I do this once a year to my 914s to help keep things moving.

2) This is a PITA with the fresh air blower in the way, but if you can see if you can reach the wires to the motor. If you can, check to see if you have voltage to the motor (sorry I don't have the pin outs in front of me) when the wipers are turned on, if you do then I would say your motor is bad, if you don't then sounds like you have a bad switch in your steering column.

3) I have a test working wiper motor if you end up needing one.

thanks,

I will try to check wipers; what would you lubricates them with?
if need a motor what would you sell one for
sawbones

rw163014
QUOTE(cpfoster @ Jun 8 2015, 04:49 PM) *

What would you want for the whole assemply and what would that include?
thanks, sawbones
DRPHIL914

phil

Edit:: i just reread this a realized you were asking for wiper motor, never mind
rw163014
QUOTE(rw163014 @ Jun 9 2015, 10:15 AM) *

What would you want for the whole assemply and what would that include?
thanks, sawbones

what would price be for motor and assamblyll
and do I need the whole assemlbly?
thanks
rw163014

what would you sell the motor for; assume it is functional?
thanks sawbones
rw163014
QUOTE(rw163014 @ Jun 11 2015, 09:39 AM) *

what would you sell the motor for; assume it is functional?
thanks sawbones

is wiper motor still available. I am not getting any replys to my posts.
am I not lookiing iin right place?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.