Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally some progress...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsboost90
Finally after fitting, buying, fitting, dissassembling, cleaning, painting, fitting, assembly and now i have a car w/ calipers-no lines yet or mc- that has four wheels and steers w/ turbo tie rods, 911 brakes and is fully undercoated and welded up. FInallY!!!!!! welder.gif spank.gif givemebeer.gif
xsboost90
check out how close the caliper is to the spacer!
xsboost90
and the bonus, this came in the mail from germany today...will look nice up front when its done! rolleyes.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Feb 22 2005, 10:37 PM)
check out how close the caliper is to the spacer!

will you be using longer studs in the hub to get full engagement of the spacer's nuts? you look to be 2-3 turns from full engagement and you'll have leverage working against you. that scares me more than a little ...
xsboost90
the studs go all the way to the end, but the way they are grinded off at the ends make them look funky in that picture. The nuts also have a beveled edge that sticks out past the endof the threads, making it look like the studs are farther from the end. I assure you they are completely on there. The wheel bolts are the same way. RIght to the end ofthe stud. They are even torqued to 96lbs already.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.