Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal shop to sort out my shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rhodyguy
Try putting the trans into 2nd before 1st. Just like in an old beetle.
john77
Changed my transmission mounts over the weekend - it was as simple as everyone said. Really surprised how much it tightened up my shifter. I also changed the tranny oil. The old oil smelled very odd, who knows the last time it was changed.

My transmission was leaking pretty badly before I changed the oil, but now I have I can see blue traces from the new oil. The two main places seem to be where the side shifter arm enters the case and this part in the picture. What is this? It moves a lot if I grab it. Is there a way to stop these leaks without taking the transmission apart?

IPB Image

Harpo
The part with 90 degree bend closest to the lens is the speedo cable. This is a notorious place for the 901 trans to leak. McMark and Possibly 914 rubber makes a new/improved part with a second "O" ring that works great.

David
john77
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jul 9 2015, 02:59 AM) *

The part with 90 degree bend closest to the lens is the speedo cable. This is a notorious place for the 901 trans to leak. McMark and Possibly 914 rubber makes a new/improved part with a second "O" ring that works great.

David

Great, thanks David.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.