Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Instructions for 914 hand throttle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Left a message at the 914 rubber site a while back, but I'm guessing Mark is busy. I'm like to install the hand throttle I got but don't know what happen to the instructions.
914Sixer
Try looking at the PET. The exploded diagram should give you an idea how it goes together.
t collins
PM sent
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 21 2015, 12:36 PM) *

Left a message at the 914 rubber site a while back, but I'm guessing Mark is busy. I'm like to install the hand throttle I got but don't know what happen to the instructions.

How about posting the steps you do for the install ? There were some pictures posted, but it didn't make a lot of sense to me. And, I have the manual throttle and would like to get it installed. smile.gif
mm911
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 21 2015, 02:36 PM) *

I had the same question and installation with a center console. Look at the "Member Vendors" section and scroll down to "Mickey's open group buys" (914 rubber) then scroll down to "Hand throttle for carbd......" A lot of useful information on installation and my question about the center console. Hope this helps.
PanelBilly
Thanks, but I'm going to get the engine running before I pull the pedal cluster out again.
Harpo
I just purchased Marks hand throttle. Can someone please post some instructions? PanelBilly?

Thanks

David
gms
does this help?
Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
I still haven't installed mine and I don't know if I ever will. The carbs like a few pumps before I turn the key but if I give it throttle after, it dies. If I leave it alone until it warms up a little it fine.
Mikey914
Really just need to get one installed so that I can get some pictures. I'll see if Cary may be able to get one into my blue car. If we can get some pics it will help.
Mark
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 3 2016, 11:11 PM) *

Really just need to get one installed so that I can get some pictures. I'll see if Cary may be able to get one into my blue car. If we can get some pics it will help.
Mark

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Once it's installed there is not too much to see. It works great, or did until I got completely annoyed by the racket from the loose rear window and decided to take it out and reseal it. Then decided to clean up the loose and torn vinyl on the roll bar then the flaking paint and surface rust around that, then what the hell might as well get it all ready for paint and paint it.
But the hand throttle is nice. biggrin.gif

You can see the lever, the head of the bolt than holds the rod guide in the tunnel, and the plate that has to be mounted on the accelerator linkage. And that's about all.
porschetub
QUOTE(mm911 @ Jun 22 2015, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 21 2015, 02:36 PM) *

I had the same question and installation with a center console. Look at the "Member Vendors" section and scroll down to "Mickey's open group buys" (914 rubber) then scroll down to "Hand throttle for carbd......" A lot of useful information on installation and my question about the center console. Hope this helps.

That's where I got my info now I remember,I built one out of parts in my shed after buying a spare heater lever.

Click to view attachment

Hardest part was welding the plate on the throttle lever,when you build it you know where it all goes smile.gif
SA-914
This is what I used. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t&id=333490
Larmo63
Does anybody have an extra lever and black knob for this throttle set-up?
wndsnd
Tangerine can make you a nice set up.

I was intimate with my tunnel today while installing a new throttle cable and checking the welds on the clutch tube.

Chris and Ed did mine and it is their typical high quality installation.
jim_hoyland
Fits the stock shifter plate fine; renshifters need a slit cut in the front to accommodate the lever.... smile.gif
forrestkhaag
And while you have the throttle bell rank out of the pedal cluster getting the tab welded on to it, consider replacing with the bronze bushings at reinstall.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.