Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front fender replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skier2.0
Any threads on replacing the front fenders ??
Thanks Rick
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(skier2.0 @ Jun 23 2015, 06:30 PM) *

Any threads on replacing the front fenders ??
Thanks Rick

Just unbolt it and bolt a new one on... Easy as pie.

Don't forget the hidden bolt in the glove box!

hide.gif
raw1298
The bolts are very tiny.?.? I couldn't find them so I cut them off. smile.gif lol-2.gif
GeorgeRud
Sure, confuse the newbie! Obviously, they're welded on. Getting the replacement fenders should give you some guidelines as to where to cut and remove the old ones.
Then it's important to properly align them correctly on the chassis.
rick 918-S
Funny guys... smile.gif

Obviously they are welded on. Question: why are you needing to change a fender? Post some photos of what your wanting to do and I will see if I can help you figure out where to go with it.

This may give you an idea about what's involved:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=177500&hl=

BTW: I may have a used fender. They are very difficult to remove and trim. It requires hours of grinding, seam sealer removal and prep work.
jsaum
After years of asking the same question, looking at post's and Youtube I bit the bullet and took it to a shop to get it fixed here's the before and after. They spliced it in, cost $1500.00 I supplied the fender. I had damage on the corner that I couldn't see how to pull out to get the fender to fit correctly the head light bucket was pushed down about 1/4 of an inch or I would have tried it myself. Post some pictures and see if anyone can point you in the right direction for repairs. Oh and I just picked it up today!

Good luck,

Jsaum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.