Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miscelaneous Transmission and Engine Drop Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I just dropped my engine and plan to swap transmission onto a new engine and install. A few questions:

1) I had a tin hang up on the trailing arm bolt while dropping to motor. Is this typical? Will I have the same problem when reinstalling? Should the tins be loosened for wiggle room? What is the trade technique.

2) The stock injector rails seems like they would also catch. I removed them for the engine drop. Should I do the same for the install?

3) Transmission is leaking through the console. I got the shift console apart but can't get the seal out. What's the recommended method?

4) My old engine has electronic ignition on the distributer. Can I just swap distributers (I test ran the new engine with points)? The new motor is a stock 2.0 with Raby 9590 valve train setup, the old is a 1.7. I know Brad Anders site shows different part numbers, but does anyone know what the difference is? Is it the mechanical advance set-up. Both mine a vacuum advance/retard.
mikedsilva
I'm only new at this, but I also just lowered my motor out yesterday, and similarly, an engine tin caught on the left hand side... I just carefully used a large flat screwdriver to "massage" back the tin around the bolt so it could come down carefully.

Nothing else caught (fuel rails were clear).

Can't assist with your other questions yet as I am yet to tackle them too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.