Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: temp sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
last337
Does anyone know where the temp sensor wire connects to? I cant seem to trace it down in the wiring chart. The hard coating came off but I still have the underlying wire with the spade connection at the end just cant recall where it connects.

BeatNavy
I can only speak to D-Jet. I assume you're talking about TS2, Cylinder Head Temp (CHT) sensor. The wire comes out of the actual sensor which should be coming out of a hole in the tin near spark plug #3. It then connects to a white wire (I believe) coming out of the Fuel Injection wiring harness which is pin 23 on the ECU connector. If the FI harness is connected properly it should be pretty clear which lead is closest to that sensor. Is that what you're looking for?

TS1, the air temperature sensor, has a two lead connector that also connects into the FI wiring harness.

Might help if you tell more about your car (year, engine, stock FI, etc.).
last337
Its a '73 2.0 with dual carbs. I am referring to the wire leaving the bottom probe itself that has the metal clips on it holding it along the engine. The wire itself is only about 2' long or so then has a female spade connector on it. I found a thread about it the other day but cant find it again. I dont have anything coming off my harness that I would think went to it.

Where is the TS1 sensor? I cant find that sensor either and know I dont have anything hooked to it on the top of the motor.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(last337 @ Jun 29 2015, 09:37 AM) *

Its a '73 2.0 with dual carbs. I am referring to the wire leaving the bottom probe itself that has the metal clips on it holding it along the engine. The wire itself is only about 2' long or so then has a female spade connector on it. I found a thread about it the other day but cant find it again. I dont have anything coming off my harness that I would think went to it.

Where is the TS1 sensor? I cant find that sensor either and know I dont have anything hooked to it on the top of the motor.

TS1 is at the plenum near throttle body. If you're carbed TS1 and TS2 don't matter.
type47
Sounds like you're talking about the wire to the taco plate (if the wire is 2' long ...). It connects to a wire under the battery tray. In the schematic, track 53 shows a green/black wire but I think that's in the console loom. I would think the color code of the wire near the battery would be the same as near the console.
last337
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 29 2015, 08:43 AM) *

Sounds like you're talking about the wire to the taco plate (if the wire is 2' long ...). It connects to a wire under the battery tray.

Awesome! Thats what I was looking for and I remember seeing that wire!

BeatNavy
I'm particularly good at answering the wrong question...

Nice job, Jim smile.gif
type47
No, I was confused too since there are 3 temp sensors. The long wire comment made me think of the taco wire.
last337
Now if I could only get the taco plate to stop leaking. I changed the o-ring but that just made things worse. Is the paper gasket bw the cover and plate necessary to make it seal correctly? The grommet was pretty much shot as well. Does that make a seal as well? It seems like the o-ring would make the seal.
Dave_Darling
The grommet doesn't make a seal, if I recall correctly The crush washer on the sender does, as do the O-ring and the crush washers on the mounting bolts. Not sure about the paper gasket.

The wire goes across the front of the engine. One of the clips goes on one stud of the oil filter console, the other goes on the oil cooler bracket. The wire comes up through a grommeted hole in the engine tin, to plug into a box connector near the right-front corner of the engine bay. The wires should be green with a black stripe.

--DD
last337
That crush washer on sender, can I get just that washer or do I need the entire replacement sender?
type47
QUOTE(last337 @ Jun 29 2015, 07:59 AM) *

... can I get just that washer ...

I did a brief look at the PET but couldn't find a part number for the crush washer or the temp sender for the taco. If it were me, I'd measure the ID and OD of the crush washer you have and match it up with what's available at McMaster-Carr. While you're at it, match up the sealing washers for the taco bolts at M-C too. Cut a gasket too.
last337
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 29 2015, 11:09 AM) *
Cut a gasket too.

Cut a gasket? Isnt there somewhere that there are printable paper gaskets that can be printed on serial boxes etc?
type47
Yes. But 'til you find it, here's a teaser:
Click to view attachment 039.101.287

type47
QUOTE(last337 @ Jun 29 2015, 08:13 AM) *

Isnt there somewhere that there are printable paper gaskets that can be printed on serial boxes etc?

Found it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7nmo8cXp0...YWDA/view?pli=1
last337
QUOTE(type47 @ Jun 29 2015, 11:38 AM) *

QUOTE(last337 @ Jun 29 2015, 08:13 AM) *

Isnt there somewhere that there are printable paper gaskets that can be printed on serial boxes etc?

Found it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7nmo8cXp0...YWDA/view?pli=1

Dang howd you find that? I was looking all over Google!

Thanks!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.