Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifter Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Got it the first time.
I had to swap out the Rennshifter for a stock shift temporarily. After the stock unit was in I pulled it over to the passenger door with bungi cord. Then went under the car and turned the shift rod clockwise as far as it could go, inserted a support to keep it from moving while I tightened the pinch bolt. Wow, that was easy !
rjames
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 29 2015, 03:13 PM) *

Got it the first time.
I had to swap out the Rennshifter for a stock shift temporarily. After the stock unit was in I pulled it over to the passenger door with bungi cord. Then went under the car and turned the shift rod clockwise as far as it could go, inserted a support to keep it from moving while I tightened the pinch bolt. Wow, that was easy !

Hmmmm..... thinking about giving this method a try this weekend. My shifter alignment is close to being on, but not as good as I remember it being before attempting to improve the adjustment. dry.gif
Right now it's too easy to nick reverse when downshifting into 2nd. Hopefully this well help.

Anyone know the torque specks on the pinch bolt?
jim_hoyland
While I was doing this, I was wondering whether anyone has installed the new Tangerine shift rod adjuster ? Seems like a great idea; even though mine goes into all the gears on the first try, I have the feeling it still needs a micro adjustment in one direction or the other - with the current set up, I,m afraid those tiny adjustments may get away from me. smile.gif

Anyone ?
bcheney
OK I am going to swap out going the opposite direction....moving to a Rennshifter from stock sideshifter set up. How do you adjust the Rennshifter upon install??
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bcheney @ Jun 29 2015, 08:16 PM) *

OK I am going to swap out going the opposite direction....moving to a Rennshifter from stock sideshifter set up. How do you adjust the Rennshifter upon install??

Seems like the same procedure; get the rod turned all the way clockwise; then pull the shifter toward the passenger door and tighten that pinch bolt. I'm going to switch back to the Rennshift after a mod to the base is completed....so if you learn a better way, I'd sure like to know smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.