Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How often do you drive your 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
aharder
Spring, Summer, Fall, about 4 - 5 times a week i take it out for a cruse, Like to get about 30 - 40 miles each time I'm out. driving.gif
DRPHIL914
fall,winter, spring about 2-3 days a week in good weather ,
but now with heat of summer , only short trips in evening and weekends- my 11 year old daughter always requests it for going on erands or for our daddy/daughter dates
Chris Pincetich
Not as often as my wife! biggrin.gif dry.gif
She drives 3 miles to work in it 2-3x a week and I drive 22 miles of awesome, twisty roads through the forest 2x a week. driving.gif
On weekends, it does the occasional top-down wine cruise, kayak haul, or trip to the beach beerchug.gif
Michael N
The /6 get out 3-4 times a week during Spring, Summer and Fall. Only in rain or wet roads by miscalculation of weather.

The Bumblebee sees the light of day very seldom. Once every three months or so. It is blocked in the garage by the /6 and the cars in the drive way all need to be moved to get it out. Too time consuming and the /6 is easier to simply back out.

The /6 was dropped off at the shop today for a transmission/clutch issue and the Bumblebee will see some drive time until the /6 is back.

Edit: I went back and checked mileage on the /6. 22.5K miles in the last 9 years. I need to be driving it a lot more frequently than I currently am driving it. That averages 2.5K miles a year and that is not nearly enough.
EdwardBlume
I fire up Dads car every 2 weeks or so, just around town, mostly with the kids, never in the rain.

The second 914 (ABM /6) is meant to be more of the daily driver but it's non opped for now.
MoveQik
For 9 months of the year, I drive it several times a week. During July , August & September.....I start it up and let it idle in the garage!
jacksun
hi,

I am just about finished with the prep sanding and will be spraying the colour and

clear next week.. it will be driven after and before the salt here.. daily ...

although, I do plan on driving it the first good snow before they start salting...

even if I can only drive it on the side streets which are seldom plowed or salted.

driving in the snow is a must.......

randal

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.