Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Location for a 2 Channel Amp
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
Hello,
I'm considering a sound system upgrade using the existing Blau Frankfurt's output to a two channel amp and then to round kick panel speakers in modified enclosures.
Has anyone done this? If so, where did you mount the amp and where did you run the power wire from the battery to the amp?

Thank You,

Jack
Harpo
I have seen a few mounted in the front trunk. However running power all the way up there seems like a PITA. I'm considering mounting a small amp up near the glove box.

David
Chris914n6
There are finally some new tech compact designs coming out that will fit between the seats or in the center console. 2016 will be good for us small car drivers.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 3 2015, 08:33 PM) *

There are finally some new tech compact designs coming out that will fit between the seats or in the center console. 2016 will be good for us small car drivers.

Mine is in the front trunk and I used the "spare" gas line as a conduit and ran #14 to the battery. My car is carbed so the return gas line wasn't used.
Mike Bellis
Mine is suspended under the glove box on brackets. My battery is in the front so wiring was easy.
Montreal914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 3 2015, 07:33 PM) *

Any links or details on this post chowtime.gif
Dave_Darling
I was considering behind the passenger's seat as an option. Short battery run was one of the advantages.

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
My 1000W boss amp is mounted on the fuel tank bulkhead. Ran the power cord thru the hole where the ac hoses used to be. In line fuse at the battery.
Jeffs9146
I mounted mine on the front bulkhead. I welded a lower bracket to screw the bottom screws to.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jul 3 2015, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 3 2015, 07:33 PM) *

Any links or details on this post chowtime.gif

Practically anything named nano biggrin.gif Most brand names have or are working on a dedicated line under 7" wide.

example
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.