Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on heater valves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gereed75
Can four heater valves fit on a six?? I know that the six valves have the "hole" and I believe that the angle might be slightly different, but are the connection diameters the same and do the actuating levers match up?? confused24.gif

Got my HE's leak tested and looking pretty good and want to re-install them, but thinking of shelving my really good condition six valves if the four ones will work. Thanks
SLITS
In my book, they're the same.

I think the hole in the hat is due to the 911 fan moving more air at a higher pressure. The hole alleviates the possibility of the valve spreader spring being overridden. I have taken the hat off a broken /6 and placed it on a good /4 unit.
gereed75
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 3 2015, 04:28 PM) *

I think the hole in the hat is due to the 911 fan moving more air at a higher pressure. The hole alleviates the possibility of the valve spreader spring being overridden. I have taken the hat off a broken /6 and placed it on a good /4 unit.

Thanks Slits, now to find a reasonable $$ set of four valves
bdstone914
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jul 3 2015, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 3 2015, 04:28 PM) *

Thanks Slits, now to find a reasonable $$ set of four valves

I should be able to dig up a good pair for you. What do you think is a fair price?
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.